Saturday, April 21, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Cyclops was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:04 am

My thoughts on ROH's TV this week:

It's weird seeing Jay White on TV that's supposed to be the latest stuff from ROH knowing that he's now Switchblade Jay White in New Japan.

Shane Taylor as a face? This seems to be where ROH is going with him with his talking about the fact that he's doing things for his family last week and this week refusing to take the Dogs money to go after Cheeseburger. I think I prefer him as a heel, but we'll see how he does as a face.

Dalton Castle vs. Hangman Page was a good main event.

The Briscoe Brothers Heel turn was well done. They're both so popular though that I'm not sure how long this heel period for them will actually last.

Tyr Stormbringer

Rain Partier

Postby Tyr Stormbringer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:55 am

Stephen Day wrote:My thoughts on ROH's TV this week:

It's weird seeing Jay White on TV that's supposed to be the latest stuff from ROH knowing that he's now Switchblade Jay White in New Japan.

Shane Taylor as a face? This seems to be where ROH is going with him with his talking about the fact that he's doing things for his family last week and this week refusing to take the Dogs money to go after Cheeseburger. I think I prefer him as a heel, but we'll see how he does as a face.

Dalton Castle vs. Hangman Page was a good main event.

The Briscoe Brothers Heel turn was well done. They're both so popular though that I'm not sure how long this heel period for them will actually last.

I haven't seen anything of his Switchblade character yet, whats it supposed to be like?

Shane Taylor will become the Big Show of ROH, he's already using the KO Punch and will flip flop back and forth between heel/face for years to come lol.

As far as actual in-ring talent no Cody isn't the best ever but as far as pure character goes Cody is one of the greatest ROH Champions of them all. Love it every time he is on screen, on commentary, or doing anything right now.

Page vs Dalton was a very solid match!

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:53 am

McMonkey Nut wrote:
I haven't seen anything of his Switchblade character yet, whats it supposed to be like?

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:53 am

Yo, Andrade, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish celebrating, but Adam Cole is going to take that title and have one of the greatest NXT championship Reigns of all-time BAY-BAY!!!

Bianco

phrase IV

Postby Bianco » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:32 pm

Grayson wrote:Yo, Andrade, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish celebrating, but Adam Cole is going to take that title and have one of the greatest NXT championship Reigns of all-time BAY-BAY!!!

I heard it might Allister Black which makes more sense. Eventually beating Black and getting the heat for giving him his first lost might be better for Cole who by the way I'm still not really sold on

Bianco

phrase IV

Postby Bianco » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:32 pm

Grayson wrote:Yo, Andrade, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish celebrating, but Adam Cole is going to take that title and have one of the greatest NXT championship Reigns of all-time BAY-BAY!!!

I heard it might Allister Black which makes more sense. Eventually beating Black and getting the heat for giving him his first lost might be better for Cole who by the way I'm still not really sold on

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:46 pm

McMonkey Nut wrote:As far as actual in-ring talent no Cody isn't the best ever but as far as pure character goes Cody is one of the greatest ROH Champions of them all. Love it every time he is on screen, on commentary, or doing anything right now.

The thing for me is that, when it comes to ROH and New Japan, in ring talent is the most important thing a wrestler brings. That's the main reason why I'm still not truly sold on Rhodes as ROH champion.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:48 pm

GLX wrote:

I'm not sure I really like his new look. The again it's early yet and it could grow on me.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:50 pm

My thoughts on TakeOver: WarGames

After seeing Lars Sullivan beat Chris Hero and what has been done with Hero since his return to NXT, I have to question if it was actually good for Hero's career to return to the Fed.

I was surprised with how much more the crowd seemed to be behind the Velveteen Dream in his match against Aleister Black. I thought the cheering would be more even than it was. When that match was over I thought that the two of them may have stolen the show.

I'm happy to see Ember Moon take the NXT Women's Title. I think it was a good call.

I'm even happier that Andrade Almas Beat Drew McIntyre.

A WarGames cage should have a roof on top of it. :smt011

The way the Fed changed the order of entry for the wrestlers didn't improve the match in my opinion. I still enjoyed this WarGames as much as I've enjoyed any WarGames though. A WarGames will never be a match of the year candidate, but they've all been fun to watch.

Bianco

phrase IV

Postby Bianco » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:53 pm

Stephen Day wrote:My thoughts on TakeOver: WarGames

After seeing Lars Sullivan beat Chris Hero and what has been done with Hero since his return to NXT, I have to question if it was actually good for Hero's career to return to the Fed.

I was surprised with how much more the crowd seemed to be behind the Velveteen Dream in his match against Aleister Black. I thought the cheering would be more even than it was. When that match was over I thought that the two of them may have stolen the show.

I'm happy to see Ember Moon take the NXT Women's Title. I think it was a good call.

I'm even happier that Andrade Almas Beat Drew McIntyre.

A WarGames cage should have a roof on top of it. :smt011

The way the Fed changed the order of entry for the wrestlers didn't improve the match in my opinion. I still enjoyed this WarGames as much as I've enjoyed any WarGames though. A WarGames will never be a match of the year candidate, but they've all been fun to watch.

You're right the changes didn't improve war games but I don't think it detracted from it either, imo

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:58 pm

Bianco wrote:
You're right the changes didn't improve war games but I don't think it detracted from it either, imo

When Fish and O'Reilly were the first ones out of the cage and suddenly had a huge advantage I was thinking, "Well this is stupid." In that way I think it did take something away from the match. I think it would have been better to leave it at two teams the way all the other WarGames have been. Don't get me wrong though, I still thought it was good.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Enzo retained on the pre-show.

Johnny Smith

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Johnny Smith » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:23 pm

GLX wrote:Enzo retained on the pre-show.

Johnny Smith

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Johnny Smith » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:37 pm

Shield wins

Johnny Smith

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Johnny Smith » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:09 pm

Raw women win

... Asuka

leave a comment with facebook