Friday, June 22, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "The Outhousers of Earth Ugh"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Johnny Smith

WTF is this rank?

Postby Johnny Smith » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:01 pm

Shinsuke punches AJ in the balls again

Johnny Smith

WTF is this rank?

Postby Johnny Smith » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:02 pm

Big Cass lays out Daniel Bryan

Johnny Smith

WTF is this rank?

Postby Johnny Smith » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:06 pm

OneWhoIsAll

Expert Post Whore

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:48 am

Johnny Smith wrote:Asuka to Smackdown

That is a beautiful suplex.

Bianco

phrase IV

Postby Bianco » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:54 am

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201 ... ammartino/

Awww :(

Thank you Bruno

Bianco

phrase IV

Postby Bianco » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:50 pm

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201 ... at-age-75/

Bad month for legends

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:30 pm

RIP to both of them. :(

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:37 pm

For those of you who have never seen the Steiner Screwdriver, Scott Steiner's finishing move in Japan.

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/DimPiercingCoelacanth

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:07 pm

It's been awhile since I was able to sit down an watch the NXT weekly show in a timely enough manner that it was worth commenting on but I definitely wasn't going to miss this episode after an AMAZING Takeover.

* Nice to see Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae kicking off the show after Gargano's tremendous showing against Tommaso Ciampa.

* Did Johnny Gargano just call it a "professional wrestling ring?!" :shock:

* Earlier this year Tammy Lynn Sytch of all people decided to take it upon herself to claim that Candice LeRae is too ugly for the WWE's main roster. Fuck off. Sorry but it really just irritates the shit out of me.

* Speaking of Candice LaRae, next NXT Women's Champion. BOOK IT Regal! Don't even wait for the next Takeover, just book it next week on NXT. Do it!

* I know that when the first signed Ricochet, they were calling him by his real name but I'm glad they changed their mind and just started calling him Ricochet.

* Fabian Aichner looks like he would have told me how much he loves the Power Glove when he was a kid.

* Ricochet and Aichner put on a solid, albeit short match. Ricochet obviously stole the show but Aichner looked good throughout the match as well. Ricochet himself looked a little worse for the wear after the match and I'm hoping there are no residual injuries that we need to be concerned about after the Ladder Match at Takeover.

* I know that we've all already gone over this but...I'm never going to call them "War Raiders." :smt011

* "Somebody stop the damn match!" :lol:

* War Machine is awesome. Nobody is going to take that away from that. That being said, a squash match on NXT is kinda beneath them. We know what they can do and chances are if you are watching NXT, then you know what they can do to. It's a shame they called up Authors of Pain and Sanity because they could have had a pretty solid program with either of those two teams. I really don't want to see them stomping all of The Mighty Don't Kneel any more than AoP already did and Undisputed Era is just too hot right now, so I'm not really sure who that leaves for them to run through. :smt102

* Wow but that backstage promo with Shayna Baszler and the rest of the NXT Women's Division was bad. There was no energy or excitement behind it whatsoever. There is no clear direction for the Division and the Women who is supposed to be at the helm has no charisma and doesn't know how to guide a segment to save her life. This would have been a good place for someone like Kairi Sane or Candice LaRae to shut this shit down. Turrible. :smt011

* What the fuck is a Kona Reeves?! :?

* As much as I love the Undisputed Era, I'm actually really excited to see what Pete Dunne's response to Roderick Strong and the boys is going to be in "a couple of weeks." 8)

* The most interesting thing about Lars Sullivan is the fact that he is booked from "The Rocky Mountains." You know who else was billed from "The Rocky Mountains?" The Mastodon, Big Van Vader. I feel like they could build on that. Outside of that, he's just generic, bald, big man #37. Killian Dain on the other hand may not be the most pleasant of individuals to look at but he has proven his competency in the ring over the last several months. Despite the fact that Dain is being called up alongside his stablemates, I feel like the wrong person won this match.

* The match between Candice LaRae and Zelina Vega felt like it was cut short to accommodate for the earlier matches, which is a shame, because these two were starting to tell a good story. Still, it was a serviceable match which allowed LeRae to continue dishing out sweet, sweet comeuppance to the perpetual thorn in her family's side.

* Not sure that I would have cut into Candice celebrating her victory for Aliester Black to respond to Johnny's challenge but it is what it is and now we have a solid main event for the NXT Championship moving forward.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:45 am

My thoughts on NXT this week:

I like Johnny Gargano, but I donl;t want to see him talking for ten minutes.

It was a nice regular NXT TV debut for Ricochet.

Fabian Aichner is still one of those guys I wish NXT would do more with.

It was also a nice NXT debut for War Machine.

I think I've mentioned it before, but I miss the days when Sanity would come out to all of their matches together. They seemed like much more of a cohesive unit back when they did.

Killian Dain vs Lars Sullivan was alright. I like Dain, but Sullivan is just not my cup of tea.

The main event women's match was fun.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:46 am

My thoughts on ROH's TV this week:

Kelly Klein vs. Mayu Iwatani was a good match. I'm a little surprised that Klein took the win, but not shocked.

Of the two Japanese women in the tournament for the ROH Women's title I was thinking that Mayu Iwatani most more likely than Sumie Sakai to be in the final. I am a little surprised to see the result was the exact opposite.

Sakai winning the tournament and the title was definitely a surprise for me. A pleasant one for sure, but was certainly not the person I saw winning this when it began.

Tyr Stormbringer

Rain Partier

Postby Tyr Stormbringer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:02 am

Grayson wrote:It's been awhile since I was able to sit down an watch the NXT weekly show in a timely enough manner that it was worth commenting on but I definitely wasn't going to miss this episode after an AMAZING Takeover.

* Nice to see Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae kicking off the show after Gargano's tremendous showing against Tommaso Ciampa.

* Did Johnny Gargano just call it a "professional wrestling ring?!" :shock:

* Earlier this year Tammy Lynn Sytch of all people decided to take it upon herself to claim that Candice LeRae is too ugly for the WWE's main roster. Fuck off. Sorry but it really just irritates the shit out of me.

* Speaking of Candice LaRae, next NXT Women's Champion. BOOK IT Regal! Don't even wait for the next Takeover, just book it next week on NXT. Do it!

* I know that when the first signed Ricochet, they were calling him by his real name but I'm glad they changed their mind and just started calling him Ricochet.

* Fabian Aichner looks like he would have told me how much he loves the Power Glove when he was a kid.

* Ricochet and Aichner put on a solid, albeit short match. Ricochet obviously stole the show but Aichner looked good throughout the match as well. Ricochet himself looked a little worse for the wear after the match and I'm hoping there are no residual injuries that we need to be concerned about after the Ladder Match at Takeover.

* I know that we've all already gone over this but...I'm never going to call them "War Raiders." :smt011

* "Somebody stop the damn match!" :lol:

* War Machine is awesome. Nobody is going to take that away from that. That being said, a squash match on NXT is kinda beneath them. We know what they can do and chances are if you are watching NXT, then you know what they can do to. It's a shame they called up Authors of Pain and Sanity because they could have had a pretty solid program with either of those two teams. I really don't want to see them stomping all of The Mighty Don't Kneel any more than AoP already did and Undisputed Era is just too hot right now, so I'm not really sure who that leaves for them to run through. :smt102

* Wow but that backstage promo with Shayna Baszler and the rest of the NXT Women's Division was bad. There was no energy or excitement behind it whatsoever. There is no clear direction for the Division and the Women who is supposed to be at the helm has no charisma and doesn't know how to guide a segment to save her life. This would have been a good place for someone like Kairi Sane or Candice LaRae to shut this shit down. Turrible. :smt011

* What the fuck is a Kona Reeves?! :?

* As much as I love the Undisputed Era, I'm actually really excited to see what Pete Dunne's response to Roderick Strong and the boys is going to be in "a couple of weeks." 8)

* The most interesting thing about Lars Sullivan is the fact that he is booked from "The Rocky Mountains." You know who else was billed from "The Rocky Mountains?" The Mastodon, Big Van Vader. I feel like they could build on that. Outside of that, he's just generic, bald, big man #37. Killian Dain on the other hand may not be the most pleasant of individuals to look at but he has proven his competency in the ring over the last several months. Despite the fact that Dain is being called up alongside his stablemates, I feel like the wrong person won this match.

* The match between Candice LaRae and Zelina Vega felt like it was cut short to accommodate for the earlier matches, which is a shame, because these two were starting to tell a good story. Still, it was a serviceable match which allowed LeRae to continue dishing out sweet, sweet comeuppance to the perpetual thorn in her family's side.

* Not sure that I would have cut into Candice celebrating her victory for Aliester Black to respond to Johnny's challenge but it is what it is and now we have a solid main event for the NXT Championship moving forward.

I am intrigued by this idea of some connection between Vader and Lars, any ideas on how they could build upon that?

Bianco

phrase IV

Postby Bianco » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:52 am

Tyr Stormbringer wrote:
I am intrigued by this idea of some connection between Vader and Lars, any ideas on how they could build upon that?

Vader is in his hospital bed in a weakened state he grabs his Vader mask "you will be the next in line...because soon again it'll be VADER TIME".

Goes into a coma as Lars puts on the mask

Or

I don't know how well Harley Race has recovered but maybe good enough to have him kind of pass along the mantle of Vader to Lars

Lars on his own not to great, at least yet, if they put a mouthpiece in front of him I can see him doing well

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:07 pm

Tyr Stormbringer wrote:

I honestly didn't put that much thought into it but my immediate impulse is to suggest that it would involve The White Castle of Fear and Cheatum the One-Eyed Tiny Person.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:04 pm

Redemption spoiler:

Pentagon Jr is now the world champion at Impact.

leave a comment with facebook