Saturday, August 18, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Better than Bleeding Cool by that much."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri May 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Former WWF wrestler and strongman competitor Tom Magee was very severely beaten by 6 guys outside his Mar Vista California home. Magee once set a world record with a nearly 1200 pound deadlift, but he's 60 now. The picture shows he was really worked over, poor guy. His build in his wrestling days didn't seem to be typical of today's strongmen; I don't know if he changed his build to wrestle or what. I also don't remember him, (don't sit through that match in the video clip, it's a dog). Must have been well before my time...

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri May 18, 2018 6:10 pm

achilles wrote:Former WWF wrestler and strongman competitor Tom Magee was very severely beaten by 6 guys outside his Mar Vista California home. Magee once set a world record with a nearly 1200 pound deadlift, but he's 60 now. The picture shows he was really worked over, poor guy. His build in his wrestling days didn't seem to be typical of today's strongmen; I don't know if he changed his build to wrestle or what. I also don't remember him, (don't sit through that match in the video clip, it's a dog). Must have been well before my time...

Damn. :shock:

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Fri May 18, 2018 8:13 pm

It's weird couple weeks ago I listened to Bruce Prichard podcast about when something like this happened to Shawn.... allegedly

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Sat May 19, 2018 2:05 pm

achilles wrote:Former WWF wrestler and strongman competitor Tom Magee was very severely beaten by 6 guys outside his Mar Vista California home. Magee once set a world record with a nearly 1200 pound deadlift, but he's 60 now. The picture shows he was really worked over, poor guy. His build in his wrestling days didn't seem to be typical of today's strongmen; I don't know if he changed his build to wrestle or what. I also don't remember him, (don't sit through that match in the video clip, it's a dog). Must have been well before my time...

I just saw a picture of the damage, they roughed him up badly

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat May 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Bianco wrote:

I just saw a picture of the damage, they roughed him up badly

Yeah, that was a bad beating. Who does that to a 60 year old, no matter what he used to do for a living?

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun May 20, 2018 1:45 pm

My thoughts on NXT this week:

I was half expecting Tomaso Ciampa to hit Candace LeRae during the opening segment.

I'm liking the way NXT has developed Lacey Evans.

Ricochet vs the Velveteen Dream was a fun match until the Lars Sullivan run in.

Kona Reeves isn't horrible in the ring and his character is miles better than his old one. Having said that, he still seems to be missing something.

The six man tag team main event was all kinds of fun

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun May 20, 2018 1:46 pm

My thoughts on ROH's TV this week:

Jay Lethal vs. Punishment Martinez was an alright opening match.

Joey Dadieggo is still with the company? I haven't seen him in so long I honestly didn't think he was.

I don't normally like DQ endings, but the beating Shane Taylor gave Daddieggo seemed to be a character defining moment. As a result it's one I'll grudgingly say fine to it.

The main event match between Bullet Club and So Cal Uncensored for the Six Man Tag Title was really good.

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon May 21, 2018 7:00 pm

RAW from Albany, NY

GM Kurt Angle comes to the ring with some HUGE announcements

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon May 21, 2018 7:02 pm

Ronda Rousey in the house tonight

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon May 21, 2018 7:03 pm