Advertisement

The Once Upon A Time thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 952 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: The Once Upon A Time thread!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:45 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Whhaaaaatt ? ! ! I thought for sure that Jude was going to provide his standard highly critical review about the special effects :lol:

I liked the premier as well. Maybe the key this ep was using less characters than they usually have to juggle when in Storybrooke. I also like the portrayal of Neverland as dark and "belief-based" and that even Gold has something to fear there. 8)

It's not the special effects as much as the cheesy dialog and wooden acting. But I've either gotten used to it or the writers have gotten better, because it wasn't as glaring.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 156 posts

Postby misac » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:03 pm

e_galston wrote:it airs on Thursdays not sure when it starts though possibly this week

Next week.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 156 posts

Postby misac » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:05 pm

I liked the episode. The group on the ship was kind of annoying, just more bickering and unlikeable good guys. I preferred the stuff with Bae and Mulan.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 706 posts

Postby HNutz » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Apparently Gold brought the knife, the one thing that can hurt him, to the island. Then he cut his shadow away from him and told it to hide the knife where no one, not even him, can find it.

(So we'll see someone find it in the next few episodes).

Snow wants Emma to call her "Mom". She did it in the heat of the moment awhile back.

(So we'll probably see that by the end of the season)

The thorns are poisonous... another Chekov's Gun, IMO

Belle is talking to Gold (but not really). Gold tells "her" that he's a coward and Pan offered him a deal... let Pan keep Henry and Pan won't kill Gold.

Apparently that doll was the last thing his father gave him. He tore it up as a way of showing that he's making the right choice, I assume.

Hey, look... it's the Magic Mirror, in a brief cameo. Cool!

"Save those arrows for the Queen." Uh... you can reuse arrows, you know.

Pan decides to pop in and give Emma a "magic map" to find her kid, which is blank but supposedly she can somehow read it when she accept "who she really is". She tries talking to it to get it to work and it doesn't. Regina takes it and uses a locator spell to find Pan, which points them right where Hook said NOT to go earlier.

(I think it's going to backfire somehow/be a trap)

So, in the flashback, they mentioned Merlin & Camelot and showed Excalibur. Charming couldnt draw it but the "true leader", Snow, could. She was able to use it to defend the dwarves and cut the Queen.

Emma is sad and, by talking to Snow, realizes she's an orphan (a "Lost Girl"?). The map reveals itself.

I want to know WHY Pan is "helping" them. How does he benefit?

Apparently past Snow confronted past R-Stiltz about Excalibur and he shows it was a fake. Charming planted it and the power was inside her all along. "You've Got The Touch" started playing. Okay, no, not really. ;)

The show ends with the doll reappearing, fixed like new. Gold burned it. It reappeared again, fixed. Gold kept it.

Pan talks with Emma, telling her that Emma hasnt forgiven her parents yet and Henry won't forgive her. oh, and Emma is going to be an orphan.

Charming secretly scratched himself on the thorns earlier (we knew, they didnt, which led to the poison explanation) and it looks kinda nasty now.

And next week... Tinkerbell.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 414 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:27 pm

outsider wrote:When does the Wonderland spinoff air?

Tonight, 7PM/CST. I'm going to check it out but it better be gripping :P
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:14 pm

What did you guys think of Once Upon A Time In Wonderland?

Also... do you think Tinkerbell will be good, evil, or somewhere in between?

HA! Mentions of Little John, William Tell (and I think I even heard Merlin's name come up).

so... Apparently Tink stole some pixie dust for Regina, who lied about going to going to meet her soul mate, some dude with a tiger tattoo, (what Tink used the dust for) and Tink lost her wings over it. Regina offered to let tink crush her heart. She declined, but chose not to help them.

Charming is getting sicker (will be dead by summer) and needs the dust to get better (so Hook says).

Pan is telling Henry that he's destined to bring magic back everywhere.

Mulan is stuck up as Robin Hood is preparing to use Little John as bait to draw out the shadow so Neal can use it to get to Neverland.

Is she a lesbian? Looks like it, as Mulan went to confess her love to whatshername, who told her that she's expecting Phillip's baby... and then Mulan changed her big news to "I'm joining the Merry Men".

TInkerbell joined the others on Pan's island, saying that she can get close to Pan. Charming didn't tell Snow that he's sick. Henry found that picture of him that the bad guys had earlier and Neal landed on Neverland (and someone found him, calling him Baelfire)

Star Lord
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 508 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Star Lord » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:07 pm

I am so late coming to this party as I just started watching the show last weekend. I have successfully caught up to the most current episode that aired tonight and I must say that Once Upon a Time is definitely one of my all time favorite shows!

I loved the first two seasons which like I said I watched in exactly one weeks times :-D Being a big Thor fan I have high hope that he or at least some Asgardians show up at some point in the show since now Mjolnir has shown up not once but twice!

As for tonights episode I am loving Neverland, Peter Pan is an evil little son of bitch for sure! And I love how all the people in this show are so tied together, Robin Hood was supposed to be Regina's soul mate :shock: Love it!

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:36 am

Thunderstruck wrote:
As for tonights episode I am loving Neverland, Peter Pan is an evil little son of bitch for sure! And I love how all the people in this show are so tied together, Robin Hood was supposed to be Regina's soul mate :shock: Love it!

I missed that last part. Glad you caught that, man. :)

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 698 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: cyclone, Chili con Blarney

Postby outsider » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:56 am

I really enjoyed Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (despite poor Sayid becoming such a gilded shadow of his former glory).

Once Upon a Time... I don't know. I'm getting some creepy homoerotic vibes from Peter Pan and his Lost Boys.
Tinkerbell needs to cunt punt the Blue Fairy. What a bitch!
-

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:59 am

Thunderstruck wrote:And I love how all the people in this show are so tied together, Robin Hood was supposed to be Regina's soul mate :shock: Love it!
I thought that was Hook. :?
-

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:51 pm

outsider wrote:I really enjoyed Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (despite poor Sayid becoming such a gilded shadow of his former glory).

I did too. The production values were quite impressive for a TV show.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Star Lord
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 508 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Star Lord » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:56 pm

outsider wrote:I thought that was Hook. :?

Nope at the very end of the episode when Mulan goes to shake Robin Hoods hand you see the tattoo of the lion on his forearm that Tinkerbell told Regina about.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:16 pm

Thunderstruck wrote:
Nope at the very end of the episode when Mulan goes to shake Robin Hoods hand you see the tattoo of the lion on his forearm that Tinkerbell told Regina about.
Ah, I 'watched' the episode at work (radio-style - I listen more than I watch, lol).
-

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:21 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
I did too. The production values were quite impressive for a TV show.
...are you being sarcastic? :smt017

It helps (for me) that the actress playing Alice seems quite good. She seems to have a great range and is somewhat attractive, but not too much.
(If hotness were like size in Wonderland, she ate some of the mushroom but also drank an equal amount of the elixir. :lol: )

It may also help that I love the Alice books.
-

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:58 pm

No, I was being serious :lol: Didn't you like the FX ?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum