Friday, September 21, 2018 • Morning Edition • "The greatest comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

NeverReady

cheese

Postby NeverReady » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:59 am

Flamebird wrote:

Sorry. We've moved on to more sophisticated humor. . .

See? :-D

re:Cary Grant:I don't like you. I'm going to tear you down and erect a tall building where you stand. :)

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:54 am

A new documentary about Madonna is currently in production focusing upon from her pre-fame days.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:02 am

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:20 am

Stormy Daniels lawyer predicts Cohen documents will be ‘very embarrassing’ to Hannity
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/38426 ... rassing-to

Neurotic Moose

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Neurotic Moose » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:18 am

Why can't I post anything?

Well ok, I guess it works now... :smt102

Neurotic Moose

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Neurotic Moose » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:19 am

RobThompson wrote:Yes. There is actually a thread about it.

http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/the-asylum/rip-mini-verne-troyer-t121076.html

Cool, we don't care. :groucho:

Mike H

cheese

Postby Mike H » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:25 am

zryson wrote:A new documentary about Madonna is currently in production focusing upon from her pre-fame days.

PleasepleasePLEASE tell me the title is "A Street Corner Named Desire."

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:40 am

Neurotic Moose wrote:Why can't I post anything?

Well ok, I guess it works now... :smt102

Choose one:

1) You didn't say "Mother, may I" first
2) You're drunk posting from a dank basement. . . again
3) You touch yourself at night. . . and Google sees everything. :shock:

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:46 am

Mike H wrote:
PleasepleasePLEASE tell me the title is "A Street Corner Named Desire."

"Cat on a Hot Tin Car Hood"
:smt017

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:47 am

Flamebird wrote:

Choose one:

1) You didn't say "Mother, may I" first
2) You're drunk posting from a dank basement. . . again
3) You touch yourself at night. . . and Google sees everything. :shock:

4) all of the above

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:51 am

jephd wrote:4) all of the above

And now I've completely skeeved myself out at the image of the paranoid elk touching himself in a dank basement and drunkenly asking Mother May I?

whilst posting

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:57 am

Mike H wrote:
Nice! Hope your vacation was an enjoyable one. Did you go somewhere or did you just kick back and relax at home?

Comics I'm reading at the moment:

Copra
Wonder Woman
Batman
Mister Miracle
Stray Bullets
Saga
Star Wars
Savage Dragon

I'm currently in the middle of reading the entire Lee/Kirby run of Thor. For some reason I've never read it all the way through. It's just so cool seeing the foundations of the Marvel Universe forming slowly, issue-by-issue, page-by-page, sometimes just panel-by-panel.

As for TV:

Community (just rewatched all 6 seasons)
Doctor Who (looking forward to seeing what Jodie Whittaker does with the roll)
Supergirl
Flash
Black Mirror (yeah, it took me a while to get to this one...)
The Toys That Made Us
Westworld (bring on season two!!!)

Of them all, Westworld is my current favorite. I've re-watched the first season multiple times because the level of thought and detail that's gone into making this series is truly impressive. After getting burned by X-Files the first time around, I tend to shy away from sci-fi "mystery" shows (only ever watched the first 3 episodes of Lost because I suspected right away that the writers and producers had no clue where they were going with their own story). With Westworld, I've felt from the very start that the story was in competent hands and that the people in charge have a clear goal in mind.

As for the Marvel Netflix shows, I'm sure this is heresy but so far none of them have grabbed me. I haven't made it past the first episode of any of them.

We went away for the week. Mostly relaxing, well as much as is possible with two kids lol.

I'm also looking forward to Jodie Whittaker Dr Who, though quite worried about Chris Chibnall taking over as show runner. Moffat's last season was awful, but his other seasons were great. Looking at Chibnall's previous DW episodes and they've all been crap.

I'd love to rewatch Community, but not enough time. You should watch Rick & Morty which I realised I left off my list of shows, it is also by Dan Harman.

Once the Americans and Ash vs Evil dead finish for good I'll join you on Westworld. I might try and watch the Netflix Black Mirror episodes too, I've seen the Channel 4 episodes.

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:59 am

Stephen Day wrote:
What did you think of Ms. Marvel #29?

Cable #156, 3.7/5
After last month's great issue this was a rather average. Flashing back to an earlier time it was a perfectly competent story, but certainly nothing special, decent artwork.

Action Comics #1000, 3.8/5
A lot of stories in this issue and most of them where average. The best story was Paul Dini's Mr mxyzptlk story. Perhaps controversially I felt the next best story was Brad Meltzer's effort followed by Bendis's effort. I wasn't too bothered by Bendis' overly wordy dialogue. The longer effort's by Dan Jurgens and Peter Tomasi were just ok. I thought Scott Snyder and Tom King's stories were a bit lightweight.The rest were also ok, but nothing special at all. Many people have praised Johns and Donners' story, but it didn't do much for me. Lots of good art throughout the book. Considering how many stories were in this book and the fact that I only really enjoyed three of them (Dini, Meltzer & Bendis) was quite disappointing. I'll probably score each story individually in the thread dedicated to this issue.

Injustice 2 #54, 4.2/5
This arc following Hal Jordan is pretty good. I'm loving his imaginary friend. Overall I'm not getting a sense of where Taylor is taking the whole book, but this arc is fun with a good ending to the issue as well.

Justice League #43, 4.3/5
A strong finish to Priest's run. A few very good moments in this issue show that we didn't get the best from the writer all the way through. Overall I'd rate Priest's run on JL as 4/5, very decent, but not as good as it could have been. I think the constant swapping of artists didn't help. It might read better in one reading though.

Transformers Lost Light #17, 4.3/5
Only 8 issues left and I can see James Roberts has a lot to do. He has 7 years worth of sub plots to tie up! So far so good with lots going on and quite a surprising final page. The Guiding Hand were pretty cool. Going forward I'm not sure how the artists are going to cope with bi-weekly pace which could lead to a bit of a mess.

Ms Marvel #29 4.4/5
After last month's very underwhelming conclusion we get a new story which brings all the high school drama to the centre of the plot. Very entertaining. I suspect Bruno's return is going to lead to many problems. Marvel need to never let this character grow up, because the supporting high school cast are awesome.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:12 am

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:50 am

leave a comment with facebook