Wednesday, June 20, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Who invited Spektre?"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Sat May 19, 2018 8:06 pm

Wow. One of my friends on facebook wished her Muslim friends a good Ramadan and she got death threats from proud, upright, Christian Americans.

What lovely chums.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Sat May 19, 2018 8:20 pm

After years of procrastination, I finally read the much talked 'Battle Angel Alita'. I'm curious to know how they will compress it into a live-action film.

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Sat May 19, 2018 8:21 pm

Spacedog wrote:After years of procrastination, I finally read the much talked 'Battle Angel Alita'. I'm curious to know how they will compress it into a live-action film.

Feeling masochistic? :smt013

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Sat May 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:Wow. One of my friends on facebook wished her Muslim friends a good Ramadan and she got death threats from proud, upright, Christian Americans.

What lovely chums.

The more time passes, the more I'm convinced that organized religions are a blight upon the Earth.

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Sat May 19, 2018 8:23 pm

And now another story that happened to a friend on facebook.

He works in a service hotline, gets a call, woman calls him the n-word, hangs up, calls again, gets the woman sitting next to him, who is also black, calls her the same, hangs up.

In 20 minutes facebook has managed to severely weaken the bit of faith in humanity I have left.

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Sat May 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Spacedog wrote:The more time passes, the more I'm convinced that organized religions are a blight upon the Earth.

Oh, of that there can be no doubt.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Sat May 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:

Feeling masochistic? :smt013

Yeah, I should have changed my words to "I'm curious to know how they will fuck-up Battle Angel Alita". :lol:

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Sat May 19, 2018 8:54 pm

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Sat May 19, 2018 9:00 pm

Neurotic Moose wrote:Harlan Ellison as himself

That alone is worth me checking it out!

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Sat May 19, 2018 9:02 pm

Neurotic Moose wrote:And Jesus Christ guest stars

Does he appear as himself though? :twisted:

Neurotic Moose

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Neurotic Moose » Sat May 19, 2018 9:10 pm

jephd wrote:None of the episodes I saw involved Scrappy Doo

They reference him once, and only once, with Daphne cowering in Fred's arms at the sight of a plaster statue of Scrappy at the local monster museum that acts as a kind of shrine to the gangs adventures, Fred says something like "It's ok Daphne, remember we said we'd never speak of him again"

Neurotic Moose

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Neurotic Moose » Sat May 19, 2018 9:12 pm

Spacedog wrote:Well, I don't wanna know what Shaggy used to do with Scooby in between scenes.

They both just smoked pot the whole time.

Mike H

cheese

Postby Mike H » Sat May 19, 2018 9:18 pm

Spacedog wrote:Yeah, I should have changed my words to "I'm curious to know how they will fuck-up Battle Angel Alita". :lol:

Every way possible. And then some.

That's how.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Sat May 19, 2018 9:21 pm

Neurotic Moose wrote:They both just smoked pot the whole time.

From the time I was a kid, I always knew that. Take a look at shaggy - he's obviously a pothead.
ImageImage

Neurotic Moose

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Neurotic Moose » Sat May 19, 2018 9:26 pm

Spacedog wrote:From the time I was a kid, I always knew that. Take a look at shaggy - he's obviously a pothead.
ImageImage

The Harvey Birdman episode where Shaggy and Scooby get busted for possession is legendary.

leave a comment with facebook