Monday, November 19, 2018 • Evening Edition • "We're so sorry, DC. Please take us back."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:22 am

Heh that's what I was referring to when I mentioned headcannon

It's not even the maddest thing in there!
I love that book.
And I really want to know who Aiden is really.

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:44 am

Neurotic Moose wrote:Guys, seriously, I'm drunk, I'm one more derogatory post about the size of my dick away from whipping this thing out and posting it, please, somebody tell me that is a categorically bad idea.

We can't say if it's a good idea or a bad idea till we see it. . . :groucho: :shock:

cbikle

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cbikle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:12 am

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:16 pm

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:00 pm

This week's comics:

Bloodstrike: Brutalists #0, 3.8/5
This was pretty good, but it didn't blow my mind away or anything. A fun read with lots of potential.

SHIELD #6 4.2/5
Gorgeous art and a decent end to what I'm sure is a fantastic read in one sitting. No idea why it took 5 years to put this out, very enjoyable, but not epic. I would have liked to know what happened to Leonid afterwards as clearly he should still be around the MU?

Transformers Lost Light #18 4.4/5
This was a big issue with a really big reveal. It read very well, though everything feels a little bit rushed as James Roberts tries to wrap everything up by issue #25.

Injustice 2 #62, 4.5/5
There is no question that this Red Lantern arc has brought out the best in Tom Taylor. It's been fantastic. This issue everyone who shouldn't get a GL ring gets one including Lobo. I'm expecting a lot of fun next issue as the mind boggles at what he'll do with it.

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:34 pm

Comics
I tried to read Teen Titans Rebirth vol2. 5 pages in and I was holding my nose. Smelled a lot like the new 52. After 20 pages I stopped. It would be unfair to read any further. Might try later when I can give it an unbiased opinion.

Boom Power Rangers vol2 was good. Not sure how much it ties into events on the tv show but it seems to hit the major points I’ve heard. It plays angst like the X-men I remember.

Movies
Watched Fantastic Beasts for the third/first time. It was on in the background while visiting with friends twice. Didn’t like the show but for two small things. One girl plays the Betty Boop role in a fun way. The second is at the very end that kinda surprised me: when Johnny Depp shows up. I didn’t remember him showing up the first two times.

Books
The Midnight Line. Another Jack Reacher book. Quick read that I’m stretching out. Most who dunnits have me guessing wildly but here this guy keeps my brain from doing that. I wonder if he uses relaxation techniques in some way. Repetitive phrases and number games using simple math. My only complaint is that Reacher’s signature head is becoming predictable. I’m only half way through and it took me this long to have a thought. A missing person has a Purple Heart and her West Point class ring ends up in a pawn shop. I think most of you would have got the pain killer addiction angle but it took a DEA agent to show up and start a particular conversation for me to get it. Ha ha. Sigh. Because I can turn my brain off with these books I will keep reading them.

Edit: head butt. Reacher’s signature head butt.

Neurotic Moose

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Neurotic Moose » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:45 pm

The bastards at Netflix saved Lucifer (really starting to wonder why the fuck nobody stepped in to save Hannibal back when it was cancelled) which for me just sort of puts the final nail in the coffin on my expectations of DC ever actually getting it's shit together in any form when it comes to anything other than comics. (And they've been fucking up there lately too!)

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:20 pm

What I bought this week:

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Neurotic Moose wrote:Shane Black's The Predator teaser trailer is live, my body is ready:

I translate this to you wanting to have sex with a Predator.

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:42 pm

I'm not around much for a few days and you guys broke Preston? Are you crazy?

:wink:

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:I'm not around much for a few days and you guys broke Preston? Are you crazy?

:wink:

Were we ever sane to begin with? :smt102

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:55 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Were we ever sane to begin with? :smt102

Yeah, you should realize I didn't write "have you GONE crazy?" :smt005

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:02 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:

Yeah, you should realize I didn't write "have you GONE crazy?" :smt005

Fair enough then and carry on.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Fair enough then and carry on.

Oh yes I should also say, WHEEE!!!! I'M A KILLER!!!!!

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Neurotic Moose wrote:The bastards at Netflix saved Lucifer (really starting to wonder why the fuck nobody stepped in to save Hannibal back when it was cancelled) which for me just sort of puts the final nail in the coffin on my expectations of DC ever actually getting it's shit together in any form when it comes to anything other than comics. (And they've been fucking up there lately too!)

Take that, purists! :lol:

And I disagree that the comics are bad, Heck I might be buying more DC now than I was in 2000.

leave a comment with facebook