Wednesday, July 18, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Guest-starring Wolverine's cold, dead corpse!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:07 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:

I translate this to you wanting to have sex with a Predator.

Something we've all wanted

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

Neurotic Moose

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Neurotic Moose » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:57 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:

Well, not a Predator, but I will one hundred percent go to the bone zone with the movie itself, it's Shane Black making a Predator movie!

Also because we live in a depressing, broken hellscape the internet is already talking shit about it based on that one little teaser, they are shit talking an upcoming movie written and directed by America's greatest living action film maker (I'm going by per capita, the man basically doesn't have a single bad movie in his list of credits, that's unheard of)

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:16 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:Are you crazy?

:wink:

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:

Leave it to Dieter to go straight to the peter.

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:33 pm

Neurotic Moose wrote:Well, not a Predator, but I will one hundred percent go to the bone zone with the movie itself, it's Shane Black making a Predator movie!

Also because we live in a depressing, broken hellscape the internet is already talking shit about it based on that one little teaser, they are shit talking an upcoming movie written and directed by America's greatest living action film maker (I'm going by per capita, the man basically doesn't have a single bad movie in his list of credits, that's unheard of)

Iron Man 3 was shit and you should be ashamed.

Neurotic Moose

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Neurotic Moose » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:24 pm

Wow, that Mister Miracle cover is great, makes me wish my stupid LCS owner had ordered some of them instead of just a bunch of the bland Mitch Gerads variant.

Neurotic Moose

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Neurotic Moose » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:25 pm

Moortron wrote:Iron Man 3 was shit and you should be ashamed.

It was fun, calm down.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Moortron wrote:Iron Man 3 was shit and you should be ashamed.

Thank you! :drunk

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:51 pm

Neurotic Moose

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Neurotic Moose » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:53 am

The world is broken

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:18 am

The world is a vampire.

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:46 am

Mac E Tero wrote:The world is a vampire.

Sent to drain?

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:46 am

From Jude over at BC, a helpful checklist for DC's new crossover Heroes in Crisis:

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:34 am

Stephen Day wrote:

That is the sixth #1 issue of Thor that Jason Aaron has written (though one is a Secret Wars mini). Completely ridiculous.

I'd be tempted to give his Thor run a go, but the constant renumbering and the bit in the middle where Thor is suddenly a woman because "forced diversity" just makes it unappealing. If the God of Thunder mantel was vacant then making Thor a woman would have been ok (just like the Ms Marvel title wasn't being used and Kamala was able to use it), instead it was part of a marketing campaign where many Marvel characters were suddenly diversified to see what sticks. It's about as pathetic as the constant renumbering.

A real shame, because I like Jason Aaron and I like Thor, but Marvel's antics just put me off.

Neurotic Moose

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Neurotic Moose » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:39 am

uz000 wrote:
That is the sixth #1 issue of Thor that Jason Aaron has written (though one is a Secret Wars mini). Completely ridiculous.

I'd be tempted to give his Thor run a go, but the constant renumbering and the bit in the middle where Thor is suddenly a woman because "forced diversity" just makes it unappealing. If the God of Thunder mantel was vacant then making Thor a woman would have been ok (just like the Ms Marvel title wasn't being used and Kamala was able to use it), instead it was part of a marketing campaign where many Marvel characters were suddenly diversified to see what sticks. It's about as pathetic as the constant renumbering.

A real shame, because I like Jason Aaron and I like Thor, but Marvel's antics just put me off.

I'm waiting until the whole thing is complete and they hopefully have some kind of omnibus of his whole run on the character before I give it a go, from what parts I did read, and parts I know from tie ins with other books, Jane becoming Thor was actually done pretty well, and Aaron came up with natural, interesting reasons for things to play out the way they did. They also didn't just jettison Thor, the events surrounding him becoming unworthy and Jane's cancer and being slowly killed by being Thor were long running plot points. All the stuff you're complaining about has to do with Marvel's dumbass marketing department instead of anything to actually do with what was on the page, and is an alarming bit of double standards considering they were mixing and matching characters to try to improve sales basically since before I was born, but now it's an issue because the replacements are women and POC's? Where was this sort of hand wringing when Bendis replaced all of the Avengers with supervillains?

leave a comment with facebook