Wednesday, September 26, 2018 • Morning Edition • "*the sound you hear when PAC-MAN dies*"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:32 am

This ongoing steamy sexual tension between Neurotic Moose and Windom has me rock hard right now. :smt007

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:02 am

Read Mother Panic vol1. Thought they were trying too hard and going for cool points. According to Way they started with Batman and just changed things for today. Batman loves his parents Mother Panic kinda hates them. He thinks of others while she seems to kinda selfish. If I was reading a bunch of happier comics I might put up with something like this but otherwise this isn't for me.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:27 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:This ongoing steamy sexual tension between Neurotic Moose and Windom has me rock hard right now. :smt007

Geez, what did I miss? :shock:

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:18 am

Neurotic Moose wrote:Oh and the last bit about bringing up my depression seems unnecessarily judgmental, I'm not a fucking child so I don't need to be talked down to about my mental illness like I am one, and for your information the thought of owning a gun has never even crossed my mind because I abhor the damn things.

Your post i was responding seemed a bit spazzy. Again, it was also not what i was talking about, which was people i know imagining themselves shooting pro-Trump voters in some kind of HBO civil war. But if my response seemed a bit stuffy, it's probably because i don't joke about shooting people online. In a tiny way that's being part of the problem, and I've known people who've gotten themselves in a lot of trouble joking around online about things quite similar to what you were saying. While i value the ability to say what i want online here, the risk is not worth the reward in this case. Adding an emoticon to my post would have made it seem like i approved & wanted to joke around in that vein, and i did not. While on one level i know you're joking around, I'd still rather not have a conversation joking around about shooting anyone with someone diagnosed with severe depression. No offense, i just don't want anything to do with that kind of conversation. I've lost several of my closest friends to suicide, and others to gun violence. (Which is why i was appalled by my friends who decry every mass shooting but are imagining arming themselves in a civil war & saying, "yeah i could see myself doing that. I could see myself liking to do that.")

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:55 am

Windom URL wrote:
Your post i was responding seemed a bit spazzy. Again, it was also not what i was talking about, which was people i know imagining themselves shooting pro-Trump voters in some kind of HBO civil war. But if my response seemed a bit stuffy, it's probably because i don't joke about shooting people online. In a tiny way that's being part of the problem, and I've known people who've gotten themselves in a lot of trouble joking around online about things quite similar to what you were saying. While i value the ability to say what i want online here, the risk is not worth the reward in this case. Adding an emoticon to my post would have made it seem like i approved & wanted to joke around in that vein, and i did not. While on one level i know you're joking around, I'd still rather not have a conversation joking around about shooting anyone with someone diagnosed with severe depression. No offense, i just don't want anything to do with that kind of conversation. I've lost several of my closest friends to suicide, and others to gun violence. (Which is why i was appalled by my friends who decry every mass shooting but are imagining arming themselves in a civil war & saying, "yeah i could see myself doing that. I could see myself liking to do that.")

But what about Black Panther?

25 25 6

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby 25 25 6 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:39 am

Windom URL wrote:

I thought you were talking about people who meant it when they were talking about Civil War, not people joking around about doing it. My bad.

25 25 6

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby 25 25 6 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:21 pm

Moortron wrote:But what about Black Panther?

That's old news. What about the Superfly remake? World gets a positive and positively received worldwide depiction of black culture and Sony gives the world a totally unnecessary remake of Superfly, which is just more of the same and business as usual in Hollywood.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Windom URL wrote:There's a lot of idiotic fundamentalist Christian haven't-lived-a-day-in-the-real-world-but-are-already-heartless-brainwashed-shits Millennials too.

Hard to imagine why the progressive message is having trouble resonating with some people. :lol:

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:38 pm

The moment when reporter Kelly Cohen found out Washington Capitals head coach Barry Trotz had resigned. :lol:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1008794793114324994

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2018/06/19/politics-reporter-goes-viral-after-freaking-out-to-barry-trotz-news-during-senate-judiciary-committee-hearing/

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Lots of talk about the X wedding but no one seems to have popped the question. Who’s dying?

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:11 pm

25 25 6 wrote:
I thought you were talking about people who meant it when they were talking about Civil War, not people joking around about doing it. My bad.

LOL.

They weren't so much joking about it as fantasizing about it. It doesn't matter, you'd have to know the people anyway for it to register. I'm sure lots of people on both sides fantasized about the last civil war beforehand.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:15 pm

RobThompson wrote:Hard to imagine why the progressive message is having trouble resonating with some people. :lol:

How is my opinion in an online chat thread the "progressive message" now? Well, lucky me then! That doesn't make the least bit of sense, you nitwit. :lol:

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:49 pm

Mac E Tero wrote:Lots of talk about the X wedding but no one seems to have popped the question. Who’s dying?

No one dies. Yes, there's a wedding but not the one expected. It's a Mighty Marvel bait-n-switch.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:19 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
No one dies. Yes, there's a wedding but not the one expected. It's a Mighty Marvel bait-n-switch.

Yeah I didn't really expect Storm marrying doctor doom, even though they had a fun dinner once.. What is with marvel these days? :smt011

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Windom URL wrote:
How is my opinion in an online chat thread the "progressive message" now? Well, lucky me then! That doesn't make the least bit of sense, you nitwit. :lol:

Are you serious with this?

leave a comment with facebook