Sunday, September 23, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Sometimes true. Always authentic."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Hey, Protege of Danny Laruso vs Protege of Johnny Lawrence turned out pretty awesome

Except the proteges are both good guys and we see both teachers in a completely different light to the first film. Essentially all the characters were shades of grey, no real good guys. That and a huge amount of humour.

Creed 2 doesn't look self aware at all and appears to be a pretty simple good guy vs bad guy story.

25 25 6

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby 25 25 6 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:25 pm

Looks liike Disney won the Fox sweepstakes (tho' they paid far more for it than what they originally offered thanx to Comcast...56 billion orginally but Comcast ramped it all the way up to 72 bil). Still, if I have to choose between Comcast and Disney getting it, I prefer Disney because Comcast sucks shit.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:26 pm

uz000 wrote:
Really? Son of Creed vs presumably son of Drago. They should have stopped after the first Creed film. They can only go down hill from there.

The nay-sayers have been saying such things about Rocky movies forever. I am willing to give this a go. The series has been consistently entertaining and worth my money.

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:41 pm

RobThompson wrote:The nay-sayers have been saying such things about Rocky movies forever. I am willing to give this a go. The series has been consistently entertaining and worth my money.

Are you living in a parallel Universe, because it seems you didn't quite have the same Rocky film series we've had here. :smt005
Which basically got worse film for film, with the exception of Balboa, which though, to be honest I also didn't really like.

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Oh man, the trouble with disqus is how it brings up old conversations, anytime someone replies to you.

Makes it kind of difficult to just let things go sometimes.
Case in point, the entitled little American prick, who believes that as long as you have got enough money to buy a videogame, you will also have access to highspeed-broadband internet.

He doesn't understand that it isn't like where he lives everywhere, doesn't understand that even in the US are places with really bad internet connections and seems to have no clues that infrastructure in an area doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the amount of money you personally got.

He's insulting people left and right, screaming they didn't "disprove my points..." He doesn't even have any points.
He just stubbornly repeats the bullshit he believes based on nothing but his own perception and experience.

How can you be so goddamn ignorant and so fucking proud of it.

I'll just have to completely ignore the little shit, otherwise I will waste way too much time with it.

It's just that sometimes I have a really hard time accepting stupidity.

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:48 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:Oh man, the trouble with disqus is how it brings up old conversations, anytime someone replies to you.

Makes it kind of difficult to just let things go sometimes.
Case in point, the entitled little American prick, who believes that as long as you have got enough money to buy a videogame, you will also have access to highspeed-broadband internet.

He doesn't understand that it isn't like where he lives everywhere, doesn't understand that even in the US are places with really bad internet connections and seems to have no clues that infrastructure in an area doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the amount of money you personally got.

He's insulting people left and right, screaming they didn't "disprove my points..." He doesn't even have any points.
He just stubbornly repeats the bullshit he believes based on nothing but his own perception and experience.

How can you be so goddamn ignorant and so fucking proud of it.

I'll just have to completely ignore the little shit, otherwise I will waste way too much time with it.

It's just that sometimes I have a really hard time accepting stupidity.

It's because you can't punch people over the internet so the fuck's only exposure to the outside world is hanging with his fellow incels.

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:52 pm

Jesse wrote:Image

All those stoners, all that poutine! :shock:
Ah well, Tim Horton's will make a fortune.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:
Are you living in a parallel Universe, because it seems you didn't quite have the same Rocky film series we've had here. :smt005
Which basically got worse film for film, with the exception of Balboa, which though, to be honest I also didn't really like.

Rocky V was pretty bad. Other than that, they were entertaining enough. The last two (Balboa and Creed) were really good. Never really left the theater feeling I had wasted my money.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:01 pm

25 25 6 wrote:Looks liike Disney won the Fox sweepstakes (tho' they paid far more for it than what they originally offered thanx to Comcast...56 billion orginally but Comcast ramped it all the way up to 72 bil). Still, if I have to choose between Comcast and Disney getting it, I prefer Disney because Comcast sucks shit.

Fuck Disney. :smt097 :smt097

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:41 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Fuck Disney. :smt097 :smt097

Disney will fuck you, enjoy getting spitroatsed by mickey and goofy while donald pecks your balls.

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:58 pm

Moortron wrote:Disney will fuck you, enjoy getting spitroatsed by mickey and goofy while donald pecks your balls.

Again? :shock:

Things I do for a cheap trip to Eurodisney. :roll:

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:28 pm

I've never been spit-roasted. Considering what a pig I can be you would think I would have crossed that bridge a long time ago. :smt017

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:37 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I've never been spit-roasted. Considering what a pig I can be you would think I would have crossed that bridge a long time ago. :smt017

TARGET UP!

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:44 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I've never been spit-roasted. Considering what a pig I can be you would think I would have crossed that bridge a long time ago. :smt017

Or slipped and fell during an orgy at least once. :lol:

Neurotic Moose

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Neurotic Moose » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:55 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:

1 and 4 are the high watermarks of the original 5 films, the rest are a series of diminishing returns, and I feel 4 mostly just coasts on being a very entertaining slice of 80's Cold War era excess. I will however agree with Rob, who upthread said the only truly terrible one was 5.

leave a comment with facebook