Sunday, November 18, 2018 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Newsarama!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Spacedog wrote:I was utterly buried under a shit-ton of work in the last 3 weeks. Did I ever mention how much I hate working?

That sucks, but hopefully that period is over.

But I somehow managed to read some interesting things. I highly recommend the adaptation of Milton's Paradise Lost by artist Pablo Auladell - it really captures the strangeness and grandeur of Milton's tale. His depictions of heaven, hell, angels and twisted demons are really awesome.

Cool.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:10 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
That sucks, but hopefully that period is over.

From your mouth to God's ears! I hope so.

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:04 pm

Friday Night Maadonna!

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:35 am

I'm surprised how much I liked this new ABBA song.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:17 pm

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Spacedog wrote:I'm surprised how much I liked this new ABBA song.

M
A
D
O
N
N
A

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:17 pm

ABBA
B__B
B__B
ABBA

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:21 pm

Random thoughts:

I'm looking forward to Joss Whedon's new HBO TV show The Nevers.
I hope Duncan Jones' comic book movie is a 2000AD property, I'd like it to be Rogue Trooper.
Looks like Genndy Tartakovsky' Hotel Transylvania 3 is going to be a hit. I've never seen any of this series, but Samurai Jack, Symbionic Titan, the original Clone Wars cartoon and the first 3 seasons of the Powerpuff girls were fantastic.

A lot of people I like getting new projects and/or having some success, good stuff :)

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:27 pm

RIP Nancy Sinatra

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:49 pm

uz000 wrote:RIP Nancy Sinatra

Snot that Nancy. Its her mum!

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:45 pm

jephd wrote:Snot that Nancy. Its her mum!

ok, well it's still sad news.

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:48 pm

Finished season 1 of Fargo, truly fantastic. Both Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thornton are awesome.

4.5/5

I'll start season 2 some time next week.

Martin Freeman has worked with Ricky Gervais, Steven Moffat, Noah Hawley and Peter Jackson. He really knows how to pick great creators to work with.

Neurotic Moose

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Neurotic Moose » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:21 pm

uz000 wrote:Random thoughts:

I'm looking forward to Joss Whedon's new HBO TV show The Nevers.
I hope Duncan Jones' comic book movie is a 2000AD property, I'd like it to be Rogue Trooper.
Looks like Genndy Tartakovsky' Hotel Transylvania 3 is going to be a hit. I've never seen any of this series, but Samurai Jack, Symbionic Titan, the original Clone Wars cartoon and the first 3 seasons of the Powerpuff girls were fantastic.

A lot of people I like getting new projects and/or having some success, good stuff :)

The Genndy thing was that he kind of just needed the work at the time, and Sony won't let him stop making them. I'm exaggerating, but they've nixed every other project he has tried to sell them on, they ripped Popeye away from him and stuck him with Transylvania 2 and they didn't even let his other pitch move past the concept design stage. The movies are no works of art, and it constantly feels like Genndy is slumming with them, but they really shine, and I feel he keeps making them because of this, when the character just move in super exaggerated cartoony ways, no other CG cartoon has ever looked like those movies do, and it's because he's deliberately (and had to reteach his animators to animate this way) paying homage to classic Tex Avery and Bob Clampett cartoons. It's almost worth just watching the movies without the sound on because the way the characters move is the funniest joke in the first two movies, and that's apparently amped up even more in the third one, which finally got Genndy a writing credit for the series.

He also said in a recent press junket interview for the new movie that the worst day in his entire career of animation was when Cartoon Network cancelled Symbionic Titan when they already had a whole ten more episodes lined up with finished scripts. Here's hoping somebody wises up and lets him finish that series the way they let him finish Jack.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:59 pm

leave a comment with facebook