Thursday, November 15, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Trash eaters."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:25 am

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:Really, what's the sense in defending Trotzky by saying he wasn't a murderer on the magnitude of Stalin?

It's like saying Goering wasn't as bad as Himmler.

Monsters are monsters.

Trotsky is a fascinating figure to me in the context of the Russian revolution. His political thinking seemed to me to be the most likely to actually work in practical terms (caveat: I haven't read about any of this stuff in years so am very rusty, and might well now take one look at it and say "Nope, that's clearly bollocks") but he was also a ruthless bastard who could easily have killed as many as Stalin had he been in the same position.

I suspect there may be some who try to paint him in a better light because they liked his ideas. Which is a stupid and dangerous thing to do. Defend the ideas all you want, but don't go all doctrine of relative filth if you're trying to actually argue for political change...

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:42 am

uz000 wrote:So I finally have some TV to watch!

Dr Who
Daredevil starting this week weekend
Sabrina starting around Halloween

Going to give Jim Starlin's Silver Surfer another go as well.

What are you guys watching and reading?

I finally made it into season 3 of Twin Peaks, and 4 episodes in it's a welcome return to quality after the dreck that was the back half of S2 and the heavy weirdness of the expanded version of Fire Walk With Me. Favourite moment so far has to be Michael Cera's Wally Brando :D

Also watching The Good Place season 3, Doctor Who, and remembered I downloaded seasons 3 and 4 of The Boondocks since they passed me by first time around. I'm waiting to finish TP: The Return before I get caught up on Better Call Saul or Bojack Horseman.

In terms of reading...not a lot, really. I need to get the new WicDiv trade, but can't think of anything else offhand. I did finish the Krazy Kat collection I was reading, which was really good but required a bit more attention when reading due to the sheer amount of wordplay in it...

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:43 am

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/15/dracula-series-coming-to-bbc-netflix-from-sherlock-team/

Sounds good to me.

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:44 am

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/15/dracula-series-coming-to-bbc-netflix-from-sherlock-team/

Sounds good to me.

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:47 am

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/15 ... lock-team/

Sounds good to me.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:45 pm

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:39 pm

I watched Antman and the Wasp. It was ok, but certainly not amazing. Marvel films are never poor, but there wasn't much new to get excited about. Ghost was good, but after Infinity War this was a bug step down. Also I didn't find the comedy that funny, certainly nowhere near as good as anything in Deadpool.

3.5/5

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:05 pm

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:13 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:51 pm

I love Bbc dracula

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:36 pm

Dr Who

I just finished Maniac, a limited series on Netflix. It's a wild ride that goes into some bizarre territory and delivers a satisfying narrative, highly recommended.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:51 pm

Dr Who

I started Runaways. I ordered a full sized edition of the Vaughn stuff (I have it all in digest format). I'm not loving it the same way I did when I first read it. Still it's far from terrible. I couldn't finish the Snyder Batman stuff. I finished the City of Owls story and it was "meh". I still have Death of the Family to read (I bought a box set) but I'll probably maybe come back to that later.

I count this: I finished reading Macbeth with one of my grade 11 classes. I fucking love that play. We'll (hopefully) be starting Perks of Being a Wallflower in a couple weeks. My other grade 11 class is reading Maus, so I'm reading it with them. I'm also finishing up Watchmen next week with my grade 12s. I am really enjoying teaching graphic novels. It's why I was hired for this job. :)

As for watching, I finished season 2 of Atypical last week. It wasn't as good as the first season. I kind of wish they would address the ugly side of autism (kids with severe behavioural/psychological issues) a little more but it's a family show so I get it.

I may do a rewatch of the Sopranos next month.

NeverReady

cheese

Postby NeverReady » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:03 am

I would watch this.

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Dr Who

Im rewatching Sons of Anarchy alongside new mayans mc and ive started flash and arrow. Good place is back on too. Uk wise its pretty much just Doctor Who (and bake off) now that Press and Bodyguard finished.
As for reading? Im making my way through the hellboy omnibuseses plus all my heroes were junkies dropped through my door today.

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:56 pm

uz000 wrote:
Tintin.
Lumberjanes.
Though you really want to get her hooked go for X-men by Claremont and Byrne

But maybe not the earlier, completely racist TinTin stories.

leave a comment with facebook