Wednesday, December 12, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "We put the lotion in the basket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:29 am

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:Rest in Peace, Stan.

I will miss him.
I understand why people had problems with him, but for his contribution to my childhood, I will always remember him fondly.

A legend in comics has passed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/obituaries/stan-lee-dead.html

He was forever the showman. RIP

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:00 am

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:12 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Same here in Chicago. It's been really nippy here the last few nights.

And it dropped another 20 to hit freezing temperatures. Maybe I'll get to see a snow storm for the first time in my life if this shit keeps up.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:19 pm

Moortron wrote:And it dropped another 20 to hit freezing temperatures. Maybe I'll get to see a snow storm for the first time in my life if this shit keeps up.

They suck. Don't get excited.

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:25 am

Not sure if Vic Squid still reads this thread, but he wanted to be reminded when Alien 3 by William Gibson was coming out. It is out today.

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:04 am

uz000 wrote:Not sure if Vic Squid still reads this thread, but he wanted to be reminded when Alien 3 by William Gibson was coming out. It is out today.

Ooooh, that looked interesting!

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:18 pm

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Moortron wrote:And it dropped another 20 to hit freezing temperatures. Maybe I'll get to see a snow storm for the first time in my life if this shit keeps up.

You lucky bastard! Autumn and winter rock! Bring on the snow!!! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:17 pm

Fysh wrote:Ooooh, that looked interesting!

It is interesting. The first issue goes in a completely different direction than the film we actually got. Two space stations within two different political territories. I'm very intrigued to see where this is going to go. Note also that Gibson isn't the writer of the comic, it's Johnnie Christmas (sounds like a made up name).

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:16 am

This week I read:

The Black Order #1, 3.8/5
This was a decent start to the issue. It could go either way from here, hopefully there are some twists and turns that make this story worth sticking with. Good art.

Alien 3 #1, 4.2/5
An intriguing first issue. I had no idea what to expect and still don't know where this is going.

Ms Marvel #36, 4.2/5
The flash back to the past was a lot of fun. A solid done in one issue explaining Kamala's inhuman ancestry.

Cosmic Ghost Rider #5, 4.2/5
A good end to a decent story, nothing earth shattering happened, but it was a lot of fun.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:09 am

I finished the first omnibus of the Grant Morrison Batman. Basically it's the Batman and Son, Black Glove and Batman RIP stuff. It was good but it's a little confusing to read at first. The ninja manbats were meh and I do not like Damian Wayne at all (so annoying). I like some of the ideas and I definitely think the approach is interesting. I liked and disliked the Black Glove as the villains for the majority of the story. I'll likely read the rest of the stuff as the other volumes get released.

I did prefer the Scott Snyder stuff.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:23 am

Here's what I bought this week. Haven't read them yet as I'm leaving today for Arizona with the family for an extended holiday stay. Plan is to stay straight through to New Years although I may come back to Chicago for a couple weeks after Thanksgiving and then go back to AZ for Christmas.

I'm really liking this title. Six issues in and Hitch is still on schedule. :P

Amanda Conner variant. This is a fun title too.

Adam Hughes variant. Someone new makes an appearance that is pretty cool.

Cary Nord on the interior art. Months ahead of the upcoming movie, Ares returns. But it's not the God of War you were expecting.

Donna Troy takes over as team leader as the Titans' Drowned Earth mission leaves them lost in spaaaacce.

Stanley Lau variant.

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Dumb ass that I am I didn't realise until delivery today that The Complete Alan Moore Future Shocks tpb I ordered was the Spanish version. I've sent it back and ordered the English version.

So currently I'm not reading anything apart from my monthly pulls and not watching any TV shows. So I think it's time to finally read 20th Century Boys. I've got the first four volumes sitting on my shelf.

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:12 pm

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:54 pm

leave a comment with facebook