Advertisement

The Return of DC Nation

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Pink_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 152 posts
Formerly: Pink Peril

Re: The Return of DC Nation

Postby Pink_Orchid » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:57 pm

Saturday, Feb. 16: "Love Is A Battlefield"
Aya seeks to destroy the Star Sapphires' planet!

Please, please show Miri.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 490 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:23 pm

"Love is a Battlefield" - The evil Aya-Monitor invades the planet Zamaron, blaming the Star Sapphires for the pain she feels from her heartbreak. The unsuspecting Carol Ferris is summoned to represent Love in a battle against Hate's champion, Atrocitus of the Red Lantern Corps.

Clip 1
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Pink_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 152 posts
Formerly: Pink Peril

Postby Pink_Orchid » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Dammit, I missed it. Can anyone tell me if any other Star Sapphires made an appearance other than Carol?

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 399 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:Dammit, I missed it.

You can still catch it tomorrow, Same Green-Time, Same Green-Channel. :-D

Can anyone tell me if any other Star Sapphires made an appearance other than Carol?

:smt102

I DVR'd it and haven't watched it yet.

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 871 posts

Postby HNutz » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:45 pm

e_galston wrote:
Aqualad was attacking i forget where, and Miss Martian used her mental powers to knock him out.. she also found out about Artemis not being dead.

The cat's out of the bag. Now Lagoon Boy, Sportsmaster, Cheshire, Cheshire's mom... who else is there?

Also... Blue Beetle's turned bad (thanks to Green Beetle's "help"), but at least Nightwing suspects

Herald
Fagorstorm

Postby Herald » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:54 pm

HNutz wrote:Also... Blue Beetle's turned bad (thanks to Green Beetle's "help"), but at least Nightwing suspects

Some of us knew having Nu Beetle around was a bad idea from the outset. :P

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:Dammit, I missed it. Can anyone tell me if any other Star Sapphires made an appearance other than Carol?

In the opening the Manhunters and the Aya-Monitor 8) invade Zamaron. Numerous Star Sapphire are shown in that battle. The concept of this episode was good as Aya decides to see what wins: Love or Hate.

Sadly, Carol comes off more as "Lois Lane gets powers but still needs to be rescued by Superman" :smt011
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Herald
Fagorstorm

Postby Herald » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:00 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
In the opening the Manhunters and the Aya-Monitor 8) invade Zamaron. Numerous Star Sapphire are shown in that battle. The concept of this episode was good as Aya decides to see what wins: Love or Hate.

Sadly, Carol comes off more as "Lois Lane gets powers but still needs to be rescued by Superman" :smt011

That's why I didn't like the episode, too. I prefer to see Action Girls, not FAUX Action Girls. :smt011

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:33 pm

"Larfleeze" - Green Lantern: The Animated Series , premiering on Cartoon Network this Saturday at 10 a.m. (ET/PT).
"The crew of The Interceptor searches the planet Okaara for the mythical Orange Lantern battery as a way to combat the Aya Monitor. The problem is, it's guarded under the watchful, and very greedy, eyes of Larfleeze, the one and only Orange Lantern."

For the clip, CLICK HERE

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:19 pm

I caught two scenes that were homages to the GL covers below. Anyone catch any others ?

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 433 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:20 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I caught two scenes that were homages to the GL covers below. Anyone catch any others ?

Good catch. Really hate they are canning this and YJ.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:43 pm

"Scarred," the episode of Green Lantern: The Animated Series premiers on Cartoon Network this Saturday at 10 a.m. (ET/PT).
"Back on Oa, the crew of The Interceptor follow a series of clues which span across the galaxy, uncovering information about the mysterious 'Science Director,' Aya's secret origin and how to put a stop to her destruction."

Watch a clip here

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1282 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:59 pm

I just caught up on the two episodes of Young Justice that I missed while on vacation. Damn, I really do not want this series to end. There are what, 3 episodes left? That doesn't seem like enough time to wrap everything up. I really would have loved a season that introduced Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven while building towards Darkseid and an eventual confrontation on Apokolips. Young Justice still has so much potential and it's just a shame that shitty toys and marketing have to be it's downfall.
ImageImageImage

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1282 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Just finished watching the newest Young Justice episode "Summit" and all I can say is... :shock:

This show is supposed to take place on Earth-16 and this is the continuity that I want to read about right now. Come on DC, get your head out of your ass. Just give us this world in the format of several ongoing comic books with competent writers and artists working on those books. Fact: Mathematically speaking, Earth-16 > DCnU.

I will say that my only complaint would be towards the end of the episode when Nightwing hands leadership of the team back over to Aqualad. Sure, I understand that Nightwing probably wants a break but didn't they already agree that Aqualad was only going to be the leader of the team until Dick was ready to take over? I would say that after all this, it's pretty clear that he's ready. Plus, why would Aqualad want to go from being deep undercover to assuming command of the team? Wouldn't he also want/need a break? Would the rest of the team even want him to assume command so soon after thinking that he was trying to kill them? It just doesn't make a lot of sense.
ImageImageImage

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 620 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Todays episode of Young Justice 30 minutes of the best television I have ever seen! The payoff to this story has been amazing so far and I can't wait to see next weeks finale. It just makes me feel that much worse that the show is ending though. There are still so many great stories that could be told in this universe.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum