Wednesday, December 13, 2017 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not Newsarama!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Star Trek Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:36 pm

I gather this may be one of the Hollywood people Corey Feldman has been alluding to (as working in Hollywood, not as having molested him too). Anthony Rapp has nothing to gain publicly from this, men who've been molested or sexually assaulted as children rarely get the circle of support women receive and bestow on one another. There is no brotherhood of victims online. 99% of the #MeToo posts on social media completely exclude male victims from the narrative altogether. It makes what he did that much more brave to me. (And I don't mean braver than the women who've done likewise!)

cbikle

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cbikle » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:01 pm

In Pay It Forward, Spacey played a socially-awkward former victim of child molestation.

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:20 pm

cbikle wrote:In Pay It Forward, Spacey played a socially-awkward former victim of child molestation.

I never saw that, for some reason that film irritated the shit out of me when it came out. I mainly remember him as Lex Luthor.

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:10 pm

Windom URL wrote:
I never saw that, for some reason that film irritated the shit out of me when it came out. I mainly remember him as Lex Luthor.

That was more like Spacey molesting everyone's childhoods.

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:26 pm

:lol:

cbikle

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cbikle » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Windom URL wrote:

It was very tearjerker-y with a good cast working overtime to sell a weak story and pretty good direction.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:29 am

I finally started reading Star Trek The Next Generation Mirror Broken after picking up the #0 issue way back on FCBD. There's only four issue out so far and I think it's definitely working checking out. I really like how the J.K. Woodward artwork feels painted and the likenesses of the actors are quite good. It's interesting seeing these versions of the characters because while they aren't the heroes we are used to you still can't help but root for them despite how ruthless this universe is. It's a shame there are only 6 issues in total scheduled because I could read this as a long running series even though it's just an alternate evil reality.

leave a comment with facebook