Tuesday, August 21, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Trash eaters."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Star Trek Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:28 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
either he is in the network, or they find another lords. Also, they brought the mirror universe home with them lol

Seeing as how we sawhim disintegrate, I gotta say he's gone gone gone.
NowLorca Prime - hemight be out there.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:28 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
either he is in the network, or they find another lords. Also, they brought the mirror universe home with them lol

Seeing as how we sawhim disintegrate, I gotta say he's gone gone gone.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:48 pm

Amoebas wrote:Seeing as how we sawhim disintegrate, I gotta say he's gone gone gone.

Technically we saw him fall into mysterious spore energy and disintegrate, and the possibility still exists he is in the network.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:48 pm

Amoebas wrote:Seeing as how we sawhim disintegrate, I gotta say he's gone gone gone.

Technically we saw him fall into mysterious spore energy and disintegrate, and the possibility still exists he is in the network.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Okay, this interests me…

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:58 pm

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:01 pm

https://amp.space.com/39865-star-wars-star-trek-toys-2018-collectibles.html

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:18 pm

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:00 am

Ira Steven Behr is working on putting together a documentary about Deep Space Nine (its the 25th anniversary of the show this year) that will feature remastered clips of the ground-breaking show. Titled What We Left Behind (a nice play upon the final episode of Deep Space Nine) it will also feature lots of behind the scenes information and interviews.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:45 pm

zryson wrote:Ira Steven Behr is working on putting together a documentary about Deep Space Nine (its the 25th anniversary of the show this year) that will feature remastered clips of the ground-breaking show. Titled What We Left Behind (a nice play upon the final episode of Deep Space Nine) it will also feature lots of behind the scenes information and interviews.

Yup, I'm a contributor ($)

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:07 pm

If only CBS and Paramount could get their heads out of their asses.

SPOILER about the end of Discovery season 1 I guess…

Star Trek Keeps Changing the Enterprise for Legal Reasons
By Shabana Arif

Star Trek designer John Eaves has explained why the Enterprise spotted floating in space at the end of Star Trek Discovery looks different than expected - and it's to avoid legal issues.

Comicbook.com reports that Eaves took to Facebook to explain the discrepancies (although the post is now unavailable), saying the guidelines he and Scott Schneider had to work to stipulated that the Enterprise had to be 25% different to the ship from the original series.

"We had the advantage of a 10-year gap in Trek history to retro the ship a bit with elements that could be removed and replaced somewhere in the timeframe of Discovery and the Original series," he explained.

The pair took Matt Jefferies' concepts for the Enterprise in the original series and "with great care tried to be as faithful as possible" when making their changes.

Eaves said that after Enterprise, the "properties of Star Trek ownership changed hands and was divided, so what was able to cross TV shows up to that point changed and a lot of the crossover was no longer allowed."

EDIT: CBS denies it is a legal issue:

"CBS TV Studios does, in fact, have the right to use the U.S.S. Enterprise ship design from the past TV series, and are not legally required to make changes. The changes in the ship design [for ‘Discovery’] were creative ones, made to utilize 2018’s VFX technology.

The art that was used in the 2019 calendar is ‘concept art,’ which was completed long before the VFX process is completed."

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:11 pm

I might get some of these…

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed May 02, 2018 1:30 pm

The real Picard Maneuver

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue May 15, 2018 9:15 pm

:-(