Saturday, November 17, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Star Trek Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:33 pm

Amoebas wrote:I think they tapped into a Cybermen vibe more than anything else.

True, true, but they did it better than the Cybermen were originally done. It's a sort of primal fear I think, just like zombies...excuse me, walkers, or vampires---the fear of being involuntarily taken over by something else.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:36 pm

sdsichero wrote:
He's dead (in the 24th century) Jim

Simple, steal a Bird of Prey and slingshot around the sun. We all know that automatically deposits you in the time period of your choice. Then, promise McEnroe a shot at the Women's Tennis Champ of the 24th century, and take him into the future. You don't even need transparent aluminum tanks to hold him, a simple replica of a late twentieth century Vegas Strip hotel room should suffice.

Then...merely unleash him on the Borg and watch them double fault in horror. Game, set, and match McEnroe! Yay, the Federation wins again...

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:43 pm

Enjoyed this episode

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:08 pm

achilles wrote:
Simple, steal a Bird of Prey and slingshot around the sun. We all know that automatically deposits you in the time period of your choice. Then, promise McEnroe a shot at the Women's Tennis Champ of the 24th century, and take him into the future. You don't even need transparent aluminum tanks to hold him, a simple replica of a late twentieth century Vegas Strip hotel room should suffice.

Then...merely unleash him on the Borg and watch them double fault in horror. Game, set, and match McEnroe! Yay, the Federation wins again...

You think they wouldn't see that plan coming? They weren't Bjorn yesterday…

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:47 am

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:22 am

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:07 pm

Looks like someone is beaming into our atmosphere

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:34 pm

I don't hate the design of the Discovery Enterprise, but I am annoyed that they did not stay true to the original Enterprise design (with maybe just some added detail)

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:02 am

sdsichero wrote:I don't hate the design of the Discovery Enterprise, but I am annoyed that they did not stay true to the original Enterprise design (with maybe just some added detail)

Agreed. Seemed like they were making changes just to make changes. The result looks like a grimier version of the movie Enterprise.

leave a comment with facebook