Advertisement

The Star Trek Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:22 pm

that post was so long my computer just had a fatal error trying to quote it.

good God, man...
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Advertisement

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 168 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:25 pm

chap22 wrote:that post was so long my computer just had a fatal error trying to quote it.

good God, man...

You just entered my courtroom, counselor.

...which is sad...

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

AaronW
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby AaronW » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:43 pm

And who are all these broads Picard was nailing? There was the con artist chick...and...

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 356 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:52 pm

I love it when Strict comes in and lays the smackdown! :-D

VOY was shit.

I occasionally watch it on Spike when I get home from work and usually turn it off. It's an awful, awful show.

Glimmers here and there do not make a good show.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:53 pm

Aaron_W wrote:And who are all these broads Picard was nailing? There was the con artist chick...and...
The judge, the scientist lady who played the piano, his best friend @ the Academy.

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Liked in: 54 posts

Postby Jack Burton » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:06 pm

GOSD wrote:The judge, the scientist lady who played the piano, his best friend @ the Academy.

Did he ever actually nail Crusher?

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:06 pm

Aaron_W wrote:And who are all these broads Picard was nailing? There was the con artist chick...and...

He screwed the JAG chick from the episode where some jackhole Fed scientists was trying to get Data disassembled and shit. Had a love-hate relationship with her. She'd make him so mad that the only way he could calm down was by fucking her. In his younger days, he screwed Michelle Phillips. I'm not sure if he actually screwed Famke jansen or not, but they certain shared some mack-ass moments.

As GOSD mentions, he got a Its a Wonderful Life hook up from Q with a fellow Academy cadet that he'd obviously swined over repeatedly before he got stabbed in the back. As well as Lt. Commander Honeypie, Neela something or other, who played the space-piano while he played the flute. Which, despite being as gay as it sounds, got him some ass nonetheless.

Plus, in an alternate future, he marries Doc Crusher. Which is a theme PAD ran with in his last Trek Novel (which I believe is one of the few Trek books that is considered canon), and started romancing Beverly openly.

Which is all in addition to the previously mentioned Vash and Anij from Insurrection.

So, while no human can match Kirk's galactic pimpin', Picard is at least planting the flag of France on foreign shores.

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Liked in: 54 posts

Postby Jack Burton » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:06 pm

GOSD wrote:I love it when Strict comes in and lays the smackdown! :-D

VOY was shit.

I occasionally watch it on Spike when I get home from work and usually turn it off. It's an awful, awful show.

Glimmers here and there do not make a good show.

When it comes to Voyager I honestly only enjoyed Doctor based stories.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:09 pm

Jack Burton wrote:Did he ever actually nail Crusher?

There's an episode where the two of them are captured and are psychically linked, where it is sort of implied they get together, but it's never stated. This episode sorta marks the point where they start getting romantically interested in each other. This thread is picked up in "...All Good Things", which shows a possible future in which he and Bev are hitched.

AaronW
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby AaronW » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:12 pm

The main problem with Star Trek TNG is there is NO conflicts in the cast. They tried a bit with Pulaski or whatever her name was but she only lasted a season. TOS didn't have that much but at last Bones and Spock were usually at odds and Kirk had to mediate between them.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Aaron_W wrote:The main problem with Star Trek TNG is there is NO conflicts in the cast. They tried a bit with Pulaski or whatever her name was but she only lasted a season. TOS didn't have that much but at last Bones and Spock were usually at odds and Kirk had to mediate between them.

Yeah, TNG wasn't ever really intended to be a conflict-driven show, but Worf was the guy who carried most of the conflict drama on his shoulders. Even Data, to some small degree is a conflicted character. But both ultimately ingratiate themselves among the crew professionally.

But like I said, TNG wasn't founded on a premise of conflict. Voyager, on the other hand, is trying to insert conflict into its themes from the very first episode with its merged crew of enemies, Starfleet and the terrorist Maquis. And instead of capitalizing on that conflict as DS9 masterfully did under Ron Moore's watch, they squandered it under writer and producer Jeri Taylor's watch.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 875 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:50 pm

chap22 wrote:erroneous. Kirk was so pimp he didn't even need a wing man, and he sure as hell wouldn't ever be anybody else's.

he might have thrown Sisko a few used scraps if he felt pity on him, but that's about it.

I think chap's got a man crush... How cute.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 875 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:07 pm

Strict31 wrote:Yeah, TNG wasn't ever really intended to be a conflict-driven show, but Worf was the guy who carried most of the conflict drama on his shoulders. Even Data, to some small degree is a conflicted character. But both ultimately ingratiate themselves among the crew professionally.

I think the TNG did the best they could without totally throwing out the tone of the show. Worf did do a few things that made him an outsider... Killing Duras and refusing to aid in saving a Romulan's life ("The Enemy").

Hated his relationship with Troi though, it was never convincing (much like Paris & Torres and Tucker & T'Pol)... UGH.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:32 pm

sdsichero wrote:I think the TNG did the best they could without totally throwing out the tone of the show. Worf did do a few things that made him an outsider... Killing Duras and refusing to aid in saving a Romulan's life ("The Enemy").

Hated his relationship with Troi though, it was never convincing (much like Paris & Torres and Tucker & T'Pol)... UGH.

Worf was always at odds in some fashion or another. From the first time he hangs out with a couple of Klingon pirates to First Contact where he damn near kills Picard. I mean, how many times was one of Worf's recommendations to "KILL 'EM ALL!!!" shot down in the officers' lounge by some touchy feely shit Troi was spittin'?

Only thing that could bring that dude on board with everyone else's ideas was to get him drunk on prune juice. For with regularity comes honor.

Personally, I think Worf hit the jackpot with Dax. The only hot chick in Star trek who can die and come back as another hot chick. But I think with Troi, she kinda grew on Worf. And remember how brutal klingon sexin' is. Troi must be an absolute savage in bed. Remember how he told Guinin how fragile human bitches are? Troi's a harbor chick.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:48 pm

Strict31 wrote:Picard is at least planting the flag of France on foreign shores.
That made me LOL.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum