Advertisement

The Star Wars Clone Wars Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 129 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:36 am

Nightfly wrote:Based on the single aired epi so far? Or moreso based on the theatrical release?

I still haven't seen the theatrical flick, which I understand features her prominently, but at the moment I like her spunky attitude.

I spent so much negative energy hating Jar-Jar,... I've kinda decided beforehand to give this new Togrutan Padawan a chance.

I'm hoping it'll be a way to learn more about the Togrutans

Espically more of Shaak Ti. Damnit she kicked so much ass in the second season of Clone Wars I really hope there's an episode devoted to her ass kickery.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:42 am

Nightfly wrote:I take your meaning.

As well as you know he signs off on everything bearing his name or characters, I know he isn't the sole writer/creator of everything related to SW.

If we get really really lucky maybe one day it'll be you or me writing his redesign rationalizations for some form of media! :D

I wanna do redesign rationalizations for Fox News.

Except, I'm not sure they're media.

...and I don't think they hire black people... :cry:

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:53 pm

Interesting episode it reminded of something out of World War II with Grievous's ship being the Bismark. The air battles where tight and the scene in the nebula beautitful. Snips was actually annoyed me tonight.

And dear God, Grievous coughed. Their ignoring.. Gendy's.. :shock:

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:57 pm

The Cyborg Man of Steel wrote:Interesting episode it reminded of something out of World War II with Grievous's ship being the Bismark. The air battles where tight and the scene in the nebula beautitful. Snips was actually annoyed me tonight.

And dear God, Grievous coughed. Their ignoring.. Gendy's.. :shock:

I enjoyed the episode. The first thing that drew me to Star Wars was the starships and I love the Y-Wing so it was cool. Kinda wished they mentioned that the ships were new or something.

Grievous did cough... but not that much. Perhaps he had a condition after being put into a robot body which was exacerbated by Windu crushing his chestplate?

Dunno about the next episode. I am more interested in seeing the lesser characters than Anakin/Obi-Wan/Padme... Well, hope it's good.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:09 am

sdsichero wrote:I enjoyed the episode. The first thing that drew me to Star Wars was the starships and I love the Y-Wing so it was cool. Kinda wished they mentioned that the ships were new or something.

Grievous did cough... but not that much. Perhaps he had a condition after being put into a robot body which was exacerbated by Windu crushing his chestplate?

Dunno about the next episode. I am more interested in seeing the lesser characters than Anakin/Obi-Wan/Padme... Well, hope it's good.

Well if the stuff from the preview I gathered and think right then we'll be seeing Grievous laying waste to some Clone Troopers, then Grievous vs Snips and then Grievous vs Obi-Wan.

The thing is Grievious never showed any signs of coughing until after the wound Windu gave him in the end of Gendy's series. He's never hacked or coughed once. I know in Lab of Evil it mentioned Grievous' condition more. Maybe this series will go into the condition more given he'll have an entire arc or episode devoted to him.

However, it was a minor cough not the serious hacking he had in RoTS. So maybe it is a condition that was worsened when Windu gave him the wound.

Still, the I really loved the space battle too it was really far superior to Gendy's one in S1 with Anakin. It really did a great job capturing something you see from WW II stock footage.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:20 pm

Ok just watched the episode. I really really liked it.

It reminded me a lot of Sink the Bismark and it made me more a fan of General Grievous. He really stole the episode from the Jedi. We see all of Grievous's characteristics on display (use of Lightsabers, he had his cape on, his cunning, playing dirty, and his personal fighter in action). And the best part of him was the end with him turning off the holo of Dooku. The look he gave and silence spoke volumes for the character.

The only negative where the Battle Droids, but such a small nit pick. I really can't wait to see these three episodes of this arc on DVD. It'll rock.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:26 pm

Zechs wrote:Ok just watched the episode. I really really liked it.

It reminded me a lot of Sink the Bismark and it made me more a fan of General Grievous. He really stole the episode from the Jedi. We see all of Grievous's characteristics on display (use of Lightsabers, he had his cape on, his cunning, playing dirty, and his personal fighter in action). And the best part of him was the end with him turning off the holo of Dooku. The look he gave and silence spoke volumes for the character.

The only negative where the Battle Droids, but such a small nit pick. I really can't wait to see these three episodes of this arc on DVD. It'll rock.

I didn't really get the sense he stole the episode from the Jedi. They pretty much made a fool of him at every turn.

With Ahsoka thrust very securely into the background, this is the first episode that has felt like...like "real" Star Wars to me. No plucky sidekick to blatantly target the kids demographic, just unadulterated SW action. If they could have run this and the last episode as one whole piece instead of two episodes, it almost would have felt like watching the movies.

Not really looking forward to the next episode too much. I still don't give a shit about clones getting killed.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:44 pm

Strict31 wrote:I didn't really get the sense he stole the episode from the Jedi. They pretty much made a fool of him at every turn.

With Ahsoka thrust very securely into the background, this is the first episode that has felt like...like "real" Star Wars to me. No plucky sidekick to blatantly target the kids demographic, just unadulterated SW action. If they could have run this and the last episode as one whole piece instead of two episodes, it almost would have felt like watching the movies.

Not really looking forward to the next episode too much. I still don't give a shit about clones getting killed.

Well he did his best and he didn't really jump and run away from them. He kept pursuiting them until the battle was lost. He can't help it if the soldiers under him are idiots. And honestly the droids cost him his victory for being such idiots.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:58 pm

Zechs wrote:Well he did his best and he didn't really jump and run away from them. He kept pursuiting them until the battle was lost. He can't help it if the soldiers under him are idiots. And honestly the droids cost him his victory for being such idiots.

Let's be honest, here, Grievous was never really the sharpest of cyborg tacks. Throughout the entire war, he was pretty much led by the cyber-nose by Sidious and Count Dookie, and never figured shit out.

This episode showed the same thing happening, but this time, it was the Jedi running him around in circles.

It was sad.

It couldn't even have been more embarrassing for the general if the Jedi had actually planned any of that. At least he would have had an excuse for being so handily outmanuevered.

Spoilers:

But they were flying by the seat of their pants, and managed to draw Grievous away from the command deck, keeping his attention occupied by something other than the importance and safety of his own vessel, while they initiated simple sabotage that managed to crash the ship into a moon. And rather than trusting in his gunners to use the insane amount of point defense lasers to take out the enemy as they escaped, he was further drawn away from his ship, where he might have made a difference, and saved it in time.

Instead, he allowed himself to be drawn into a pointless pursuit against targets that had less priority than getting the shiny new superweapon that would crush the republic to safety.

He utterly failed at every turn, against guys who, like Indiana, were making it up as the went.

Poor l'il guy.

It was his own short-sightedness that cost him. His own inability to control his rage.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:27 pm

Strict31 wrote:Let's be honest, here, Grievous was never really the sharpest of cyborg tacks. Throughout the entire war, he was pretty much led by the cyber-nose by Sidious and Count Dookie, and never figured shit out.

This episode showed the same thing happening, but this time, it was the Jedi running him around in circles.

It was sad.

It couldn't even have been more embarrassing for the general if the Jedi had actually planned any of that. At least he would have had an excuse for being so handily outmanuevered.

Spoilers:

But they were flying by the seat of their pants, and managed to draw Grievous away from the command deck, keeping his attention occupied by something other than the importance and safety of his own vessel, while they initiated simple sabotage that managed to crash the ship into a moon. And rather than trusting in his gunners to use the insane amount of point defense lasers to take out the enemy as they escaped, he was further drawn away from his ship, where he might have made a difference, and saved it in time.

Instead, he allowed himself to be drawn into a pointless pursuit against targets that had less priority than getting the shiny new superweapon that would crush the republic to safety.

He utterly failed at every turn, against guys who, like Indiana, were making it up as the went.

Poor l'il guy.

It was his own short-sightedness that cost him. His own inability to control his rage.

His ability to weed the Republic away from Coruscant was good.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:32 pm

Zechs wrote:His ability to weed the Republic away from Coruscant was good.

That was a function of Palpy's planning, in which Grievous was merely one of many pawns. Grievous was just doing what he was told.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:27 pm

Strict31 wrote:I didn't really get the sense he stole the episode from the Jedi. They pretty much made a fool of him at every turn.

Hmn... I don't remember Ashoka being in the first episode much. I have been enjoying the series so far.

Hmn up to you. I look forward to it. They are trying to give the clones some personality. I want to see the SW universe expanded a bit beyond the established characters. Hopefully it is as good as some of the Jem'Hadar episodes in DS9.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:49 pm

sdsichero wrote:Hmn up to you. I look forward to it. They are trying to give the clones some personality. I want to see the SW universe expanded a bit beyond the established characters. Hopefully it is as good as some of the Jem'Hadar episodes in DS9.

Ahoska wasn't in the first episode it was just Yoda, Ventress, and Dooku.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:11 am

Zechs wrote:Ahoska wasn't in the first episode it was just Yoda, Ventress, and Dooku.

That's what I thought, thanks

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:30 am

sdsichero wrote:Hmn up to you. I look forward to it. They are trying to give the clones some personality. I want to see the SW universe expanded a bit beyond the established characters. Hopefully it is as good as some of the Jem'Hadar episodes in DS9.

They're clones. Their personality is that they turn into faceless killers. They're not heroes. They're the guys who become the equally faceless legion of Stormtroopers. Their destiny is to get bitch-slapped by Ewoks.

These are the guys they want us to empathize with? To get to know?

I don't really want to see entire episodes devoted to "Better Know a Clonetrooper" segments.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum