Advertisement

The Star Wars Clone Wars Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 215 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

The Star Wars Clone Wars Thread

Postby Zechs » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:11 pm

Never saw the movie that came out in August due to saving cash. But caught this tonight. It was pretty good.

The first episode with Yoda was the best of the two with him and four troopers taking on an entire droid division with limited weapons.

The second one it was good, and damn the animation with the ships is just beautitful. About the only negative would be they gave the Battle Droids wise cracking personalities. Though surprised their showing death on a kids tv show (some clone troopers get killed alien style with the Sepratists cracking their escape pods) and a dead body left hanging in another.

I think I'll tune in for more espically if they bring in Durge (given they love using Ventress where's the love for the other character introduced in said original?).

However, dear God in heaven.. they're going to have a Jar Jar centric episode. May God save us all for those who watch it.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:35 pm

I don't like how stiff and jerky the animation of the characters is. The art style is not particularly to my tastes, but I see no problem with it.

Anakin's padawan seems a bit young to be wearing so little clothing.

Something doesn't track. Anakin shouldn't yet be a master, and the explanation given for why he's been given a padawan doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Maybe they explained this shit better in the movie, which, as I understand it was just three episodes of the show bound together. Her voice actress is kind of annoying.

I was however, greatly pleased to see clones dying horribly. This gives me a warm feeling. I hope to see other examples of death in this show. Fuck the kids, this shit comes on at 9. The previews seem to suggest an upcoming large space battle, so I'm looking forward to that.

Not looking forward to Jar-Jar. It's almost like Lucas and his staff know how much fanboys hate that cocksucker and they keep putting him into Star Wars to fuck with us.

The silliness of the battle droids should be kept to a minimum. And by "minimum" I really mean "zero."

The ships are very well rendered. Perhaps the best thing about the entire show.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:48 pm

Strict31 wrote:I don't like how stiff and jerky the animation of the characters is. The art style is not particularly to my tastes, but I see no problem with it.

Anakin's padawan seems a bit young to be wearing so little clothing.

Something doesn't track. Anakin shouldn't yet be a master, and the explanation given for why he's been given a padawan doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Maybe they explained this shit better in the movie, which, as I understand it was just three episodes of the show bound together. Her voice actress is kind of annoying.

I was however, greatly pleased to see clones dying horribly. This gives me a warm feeling. I hope to see other examples of death in this show. Fuck the kids, this shit comes on at 9. The previews seem to suggest an upcoming large space battle, so I'm looking forward to that.

Not looking forward to Jar-Jar. It's almost like Lucas and his staff know how much fanboys hate that cocksucker and they keep putting him into Star Wars to fuck with us.

The silliness of the battle droids should be kept to a minimum. And by "minimum" I really mean "zero."

The ships are very well rendered. Perhaps the best thing about the entire show.

Eh Anakin's Padawan wasn't too annoying to me compared to the droids. As for him being given a padawan.. like Yoda said once in first cartoon Clone Wars (and hinted at in AoTC) that they where losing experienced Jedi left and right thus Anakin got promoted to Jedi Knight. And with all these corps of Padawans and the lack of Jedi Masters, Anakin got stuck with a padawan.

Plus you saw that previews that Grievous fights some Clone Troopers and appears to hand them their asses until the Padawan shows up. So I'm expecting death in that too.

From the previews they had last week, I can't wait to see the Grievous centric episode where we see his castle which looks like something out of an old Universal Frankenstein movie.

And it looks like their keeping the silliness of the Battle Droids just to the regular ones not the heavy armed ones with that debuted in AoTCs, thank God.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 824 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:49 pm

Every time I hear about Jar-Jar, I'm reminded of that story from the US south.................some little kid pumping his butt with Jar-Jar's head........"Jar-Jar Binks makes child commit anal masterbation with toy."

:P
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:52 pm

Most of the animation style does borrow from Gendy's Clone Wars. Such as the Yoda, Palpatine, and Obi-Wan styles. Ventress though got more detailed.. can't wait to see again Durge.

[youtube=425,344,cug2tjhHI-g][/youtube]

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:56 pm

Zechs wrote:Eh Anakin's Padawan wasn't too annoying to me compared to the droids. As for him being given a padawan.. like Yoda said once in first cartoon Clone Wars (and hinted at in AoTC) that they where losing experienced Jedi left and right thus Anakin got promoted to Jedi Knight. And with all these corps of Padawans and the lack of Jedi Masters, Anakin got stuck with a padawan.

The explanation is that by having a Padawan, it would teach Anakin to let go of his sense of attachment.

It's like teaching someone to love puppies by ramming puppies up their ass until they spit fur. Either no one put much thought into that, or they put too much thought into it.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:07 pm

Strict31 wrote:The explanation is that by having a Padawan, it would teach Anakin to let go of his sense of attachment.

It's like teaching someone to love puppies by ramming puppies up their ass until they spit fur. Either no one put much thought into that, or they put too much thought into it.

Well that padawan does have the puppy eyes sooo..

Still they better have Grevious as a bad ass. I notice they didn't go for the coughing fit keeping up with Gendy's Clone Wars.

[youtube=425,344,DXQx_QLY8XM][/youtube]

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:34 pm

I liked the movie and both episodes tonight. I agree that the explanation for why Anakin has a padawan is completely forced, but I like the dynamic between the two and it's gone a long way towards making Anakin not so much of a whiny bitch. I like his character infinitely more in this series than I ever did in the live action stuff.

I don't think the animation tonight was as refined as it was in the movie, but I think it worked well enough.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:35 pm

amlah6 wrote:I liked the movie and both episodes tonight. I agree that the explanation for why Anakin has a padawan is completely forced, but I like the dynamic between the two and it's gone a long way towards making Anakin not so much of a whiny bitch. I like his character infinitely more in this series than I ever did in the live action stuff.

I don't think the animation tonight was as refined as it was in the movie, but I think it worked well enough.

Well there's not much for him to whine about in this. He's got all he's ever wanted. The power to lead troopers and is now been given a padawan. Make's me wonder if he considers the stuff in Gendy's 2nd half of Clone Wars and then RoTS a downgrade.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Royal Nonesuch
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:08 am

So where exactly does this series take place in relation to Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars? Or is this a reboot?
The witness said Mr Brown then called out to Ms Hay's adult daughter: "Look at this, I'm tittie-f***ing your mother!".

Jude Terror 12:19 AM
I put my dick in one of the bagels once.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:15 am

Royal Nonesuch wrote:So where exactly does this series take place in relation to Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars? Or is this a reboot?

It takes place shortly after the middle of Season 2 episode 1 after Mundi, Shaak Ti, and that other female Jedi are saved by the Arc Troopers from Grievous. The Jedi Council learn of Grievous and the fact he's killing Jedi and then make Anakin a Jedi Knight given the lack of Masters they have. It take's place during that montage of actions Anakin does during that.

So right after Anakin looses the ponytail and gets R2 from Padme.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 217 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:21 am

I really liked the first episode but that second one was painful.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:33 am

avengingtitan wrote:I really liked the first episode but that second one was painful.

I dunno the Battle Droids merrily hymming as they broke a escape pod was sick and twisted.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:32 am

I have both episodes recorded on my DVR. I can't wait to watch them.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 615 posts

Postby HNutz » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:46 am

Zechs wrote:It takes place shortly after the middle of Season 2 episode 1 after Mundi, Shaak Ti, and that other female Jedi are saved by the Arc Troopers from Grievous. The Jedi Council learn of Grievous and the fact he's killing Jedi and then make Anakin a Jedi Knight given the lack of Masters they have. It take's place during that montage of actions Anakin does during that.

So right after Anakin looses the ponytail and gets R2 from Padme.

How did Asaji survive?

[youtube=425,344,7Bx6Ef_m5XE][/youtube]

I think this scene loses a LOT if she survives the fall and everything.... not to mention the fact that Yoda's and Qui-Jon's outrage doesn't make sense.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum