Advertisement

The Star Wars Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 471 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: The Star Wars Thread

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:08 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage

Advertisement

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:16 pm

THE LEGENDARY STAR WARS EXPANDED UNIVERSE TURNS A NEW PAGE

For over 35 years, the Expanded Universe has enriched the Star Wars experience for fans seeking to continue the adventure beyond what is seen on the screen. When he created Star Wars, George Lucas built a universe that sparked the imagination, and inspired others to create. He opened up that universe to be a creative space for other people to tell their own tales. This became the Expanded Universe, or EU, of comics, novels, videogames, and more.

While Lucasfilm always strived to keep the stories created for the EU consistent with our film and television content as well as internally consistent, Lucas always made it clear that he was not beholden to the EU. He set the films he created as the canon. This includes the six Star Wars episodes, and the many hours of content he developed and produced in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. These stories are the immovable objects of Star Wars history, the characters and events to which all other tales must align.

Now, with an exciting future filled with new cinematic installments of Star Wars, all aspects of Star Wars storytelling moving forward will be connected. Under Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy's direction, the company for the first time ever has formed a story group to oversee and coordinate all Star Wars creative development.

"We have an unprecedented slate of new Star Wars entertainment on the horizon," said Kennedy. "We're set to bring Star Wars back to the big screen, and continue the adventure through games, books, comics, and new formats that are just emerging. This future of interconnected storytelling will allow fans to explore this galaxy in deeper ways than ever before."

In order to give maximum creative freedom to the filmmakers and also preserve an element of surprise and discovery for the audience, Star Wars Episodes VII-IX will not tell the same story told in the post-Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe. While the universe that readers knew is changing, it is not being discarded. Creators of new Star Wars entertainment have full access to the rich content of the Expanded Universe. For example, elements of the EU are included in Star Wars Rebels. The Inquisitor, the Imperial Security Bureau, and Sienar Fleet Systems are story elements in the new animated series, and all these ideas find their origins in roleplaying game material published in the 1980s.

More at the link

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:05 pm

DISNEY PUBLISHING WORLDWIDE AND RANDOM HOUSE ANNOUNCE RELAUNCH OF STAR WARS ADULT FICTION LINE

Following today's announcement of Lucasfilm's new unified storytelling approach, Disney Publishing Worldwide is proud to announce their first step into that larger world, beginning with Del Rey Books. The publishing program will feature new adult fiction novels set in the beloved galaxy far, far away, and will be closely connected to the cinematic entertainment currently in development at Lucasfilm.

The first novel to benefit from this deeper collaboration is Star Wars: A New Dawn, by bestselling author John Jackson Miller. Set prior to the events of the forthcoming animated series Star Wars Rebels, this novel tells the story of how two of the lead characters of the series, Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla, came to cross paths. To tell this important backstory, Miller benefited from contact with series executive producers Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg and Greg Weisman, who together ensured this tale will be part of the Star Wars canon of storytelling going forward. It is scheduled for hardcover and eBook release on September 2, 2014.

Following Star Wars: A New Dawn, the all-new Star Wars fiction line will continue with the following 2014/2015 titles:

For more information and for looks at the covers of all four new titles announced above, please visit the Del Rey Star Wars Books Facebook page at Facebook.com/StarWarsBooks.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 367 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:39 am

sdsichero wrote:

It's kind of funny to see what he actually thought of the role.

Thank you Troy for the sig

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:32 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
It's kind of funny to see what he actually thought of the role.

Yeah. :) Gary Oldman was rumored to be up for a role in Star Wars VII. I don't think he is interested...

CS: And Mr. Oldman, you've done quite a lot of work in the genre. Is it something that specifically appeals to you?
Oldman: No, it doesn't appeal to me at all.

CS: You don't like science fiction?
Oldman: No, not really. I mean, I liked "Planet of the Apes" growing up. I have to say -- and I know this is sinful of me. Blasphemous even -- I can't watch -- I just don't get "Star Wars." It's just not for me. I never read "Batman" comics. I'm not into wizards. I haven't thought about "Planet of the Apes" since I saw it as a kid.

Then again he did mention he did stuff like Fifth Element to get food on the table. Perhaps it will be like Hugo Weaving in Transformers...

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 367 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:45 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Yeah. :) Gary Oldman was rumored to be up for a role in Star Wars VII. I don't think he is interested...

Then again he did mention he did stuff like Fifth Element to get food on the table. Perhaps it will be like Hugo Weaving in Transformers...

Yeah, it's not something we as the viewing public like to think about, but it is a reality that the actors in some of the movies we like often see those roles quite differently than we do. A lot of the time, it just a job for them.

Thank you Troy for the sig

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 487 posts

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Ugh.

When they do something new, I wish it was mostly new.

Kurosawa
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 130 posts

Postby Kurosawa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:19 pm

HNutz wrote:
... yay?

I just don't want it to detract from Luke's role. Han is Han and he's a fun character, but it's Jedi Master Luke I've been waiting since 1983 to see, not old man Han.

Not that there's anything wrong with old men or with Han, mind you.
Doomed planet. Desperate scientists. Last hope. Kindly couple.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sun May 04, 2014 6:46 pm

A bit late but Happy Star Wars Day/May the Fourth!

First saw Star Wars (not yet called Spisode IV: A New Hope) in 1977 at the Queen Kapiolani and Cinerama theaters. Yes I saw it many times. :)

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Sun May 04, 2014 8:45 pm

sdsichero wrote:A bit late but Happy Star Wars Day/May the Fourth!

First saw Star Wars (not yet called Spisode IV: A New Hope) in 1977 at the Queen Kapiolani and Cinerama theaters. Yes I saw it many times. :)

The theater in which I saw it no longer exists. I had never before seen a line that long to get into the theater. I've never seen so many people who were all nearly stabbed by a child.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sun May 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Strict31 wrote:
The theater in which I saw it no longer exists. I had never before seen a line that long to get into the theater. I've never seen so many people who were all nearly stabbed by a child.

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster.

Yeah both of the theaters I saw it in are no longer in existence. :-(

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon May 05, 2014 10:57 am

So today is Revenge of the Fifth... Have a happy? day.

(also Cinco de Mayo and Boys/Children's Day)

Rob Thompson
cheese

Liked in: 562 posts
Title: Soldier. Teacher.

Postby Rob Thompson » Mon May 05, 2014 11:00 am

sdsichero wrote:So today is Revenge of the Fifth... Have a happy? day.

(also Cinco de Mayo and Boys/Children's Day)

"Something good, something bad -- little bit of both?"

HNutz likes this post.

Casanova ^_^
cheese

Liked in: 36 posts
Title: Unabashed sybarite.

Postby Casanova ^_^ » Mon May 05, 2014 11:01 am

Has any information about the story for the new movies been released?
Cas

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum