Sunday, June 26, 2016 • Evening Edition • "30 charges and no convictions."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Star Wars Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon May 05, 2014 12:23 pm

A.R.P. wrote:Has any information about the story for the new movies been released?

Not yet

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon May 05, 2014 1:53 pm

sdsichero wrote:So today is Revenge of the Fifth... Have a happy? day.

(also Cinco de Mayo and Boys/Children's Day)

No. Revenge of the Fifth is the hangover you get tomorrow after drinking too much tequila today.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon May 05, 2014 2:04 pm

This actually bums me out. I like the character.

New Star Wars films ‘would have bored me’, says Scots actor Denis Lawson

Hollywood actor Denis Lawson has turned down the chance to appear in the new Star Wars films because they would have “bored him”.

The Crieff-born star said he had been approached by Disney, which bought Lucasfilm in 2012, but turned them down.

The 66-year-old played X-wing pilot Wedge Antilles in all three films of the original trilogy. In 2001, he provided the voiceover for the character’s appearance in a Nintendo computer game.

Lawson made the revelation at a screening of his most recent film, The Machine, at Strathearn Artspace in his home town.

When asked if the next new Denis Lawson film to be screened there would be Star Wars, he replied: “I’m not going to do that.”

Asked if it was because Disney had taken over the franchise, he replied: “They asked me but it just would have bored me.”

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu May 15, 2014 10:52 am

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri May 16, 2014 9:23 pm

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2014/05/16/the-line-it-is-drawn-190-comic-book-cover-homages/

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:24 pm

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:06 pm

Holy shit. I know I am old but I don't have to be reminded...

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:56 pm

I've been thinking a lot about Star Wars lately and watching more of the cartoons/movies and reading the books.
I've come to the conclusion most of the jedi are terrible at light saber battles
obi-wan is by my count 2-2 beating Darth Maul and Vader and losing to Darth Sidious and later Vader again
Yoda is 0-0-2 - I count his fights against Dooku and Palpatine as draws
Anakin-Vader went 3-3 - he lost to Dooku, beat Dooku, lost to Obi-Wan, beat Obi-Wan, beat Luke, lost to Luke
Palpatine I guess beat four Jedi before tying Yoda, but I think Mace had him if Anakin hadn't rolled in on the scene
Maui lost his only fight really, even though he killed Qui-Jon
Luke is a straight 1-1, losing to dad before bouncing back
Palpatine has the best winning percentage I guess? though he ended up looking like a prune for his efforts.
Any thoughts about the abilities of these jedi?

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:43 pm

Nothing better than a blaster at your side, kid.

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:00 pm

bkthomson wrote:Nothing better than a blaster at your side, kid.

such an unsophisticated weapon!

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:36 am

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:51 am

holtom2000 wrote:I've been thinking a lot about Star Wars lately and watching more of the cartoons/movies and reading the books.
I've come to the conclusion most of the jedi are terrible at light saber battles
obi-wan is by my count 2-2 beating Darth Maul and Vader and losing to Darth Sidious and later Vader again
Yoda is 0-0-2 - I count his fights against Dooku and Palpatine as draws
Anakin-Vader went 3-3 - he lost to Dooku, beat Dooku, lost to Obi-Wan, beat Obi-Wan, beat Luke, lost to Luke
Palpatine I guess beat four Jedi before tying Yoda, but I think Mace had him if Anakin hadn't rolled in on the scene
Maui lost his only fight really, even though he killed Qui-Jon
Luke is a straight 1-1, losing to dad before bouncing back
Palpatine has the best winning percentage I guess? though he ended up looking like a prune for his efforts.
Any thoughts about the abilities of these jedi?

Sith play "dirty".

You know, Force Lightning, throwing shit, using 2 lightsabers, etc.

Beige Lantern

Postby Beige Lantern » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:18 am

I'm an English and Theatre teacher. So, if anyone wants to buy me these...

You'll be helping the children!

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:53 pm

How meta

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:01 pm

sdsichero wrote:How meta

LSP photobombing the Empire. :P

leave a comment with facebook