Tuesday, September 25, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Guest-starring Wolverine's cold, dead corpse!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Superman-Less Superman Show Krypton Gets A Release Date

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:31 pm

The Superman-Less Superman Show Krypton Gets A Release Date

The SyFy show comes to Earth March 21, 2018.

Source: SyFy

With origin stories all the rage now, the story of KryptonSuperman's home planet, will debut on SyFy starting March 21, 2018. It'll take place two generations before the destruction of the planet, which was the only interesting thing about the planet anyway. The show, which won't feature Superman, will instead feature his grandfather Seg-El.

SyFy's official synopsis is below.

"Set two generations before the destruction of Superman's home planet, KRYPTON follows Seg-El (Cameron Cuffe), the legendary Man of Steel's grandfather — whose House of El was ostracized and shamed. With Krypton's leadership in disarray, Seg-El encounters Earthly time-traveler Adam Strange (Shaun Sipos) who warns he's under the clock to save his beloved world from chaos. Fighting to redeem his family's honor and protect the ones he loves, Seg is also faced with a life and death conflict – save his home planet or let it be destroyed in order to restore the fate of his future grandson.

KRYPTON is from Warner Horizon Scripted Television and is executive produced by David S. Goyer ("Man of Steel," "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," "The Dark Knight Trilogy") through his Phantom Four banner, alongside Cameron Welsh, who serves as showrunner. In addition to Cuffe and Sipos, the show also stars Georgina Campbell ("Broadchurch"), Elliot Cowan ("Da Vinci's Demons"), Ann Ogbomo ("World War Z"), Rasmus Hardiker ("Your Highness"), Wallis Day ("Will"), Aaron Pierre ("Tennison") and Ian McElhinney ("Game of Thrones"). Based on the DC characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, KRYPTON premieres in 2018."

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:48 pm

I haven't been impressed by the trailers for "Kypton." Everything is filmed in darkness, and it look like zero imagination was used in trying to develop what an alien civilization would be like.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Yeah, but on the other hand SYFY has been putting out some top notch work. It's sad to say I have to watch this, because I have to know if SYFY can still churn out crap. :deadpool

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:14 am

I thought the trailer looked pretty cool. The days of the Silver Age spandex-clad scientists on bright-n-shiny Krypton with their miniskirt-wearing wives are outdated and somewhat silly by todays standards. I roll my eyes at the grim-n-gritty thing, if that's what this is, but I'll definitely check this out to see what its about.

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:01 am

executive produced by David S. Goyer ("Man of Steel," "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," "The Dark Knight Trilogy")

This statement is all I need to stay away from this series.

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:27 am

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:Yeah, but on the other hand SYFY has been putting out some top notch work. It's sad to say I have to watch this, because I have to know if SYFY can still churn out crap. :deadpool

As long as they churn out Sharknado movies, you don't have to worry about the quality of their movies. :D

pastajoe

Rain Partier

Postby pastajoe » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:40 am

executive produced by David S. Goyer ("Man of Steel," "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," "The Dark Knight Trilogy")

This gives me hope that it won’t be anything like the cringe-worthy Supergirl CW show.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:22 pm

What I saw early one suggests they lifted the production design straight from MoS, which is not a good thing IMO.

And they finally found a concept less interesting to me then Gotham before Batman. Krypton long before Superman was born. With his granddad Seg-Way.

I would have like a DC space series like LEGION, but not something about a pre-explodey planet Krypton.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Its surprising how many Superman "fans" don't know that Krypton has a wicked history. There was some serious "Game Of Thrones" type shit going on generations before Jor-El was born. In the 70s both "Action Comics" and "Superman" had backup features that ran for years telling these tales. If this show mirrors any of that this could be well worth a look.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:31 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Its surprising how many Superman "fans" don't know that Krypton has a wicked history. There was some serious "Game Of Thrones" type shit going on generations before Jor-El was born. In the 70s both "Action Comics" and "Superman" had backup features that ran for years telling these tales. If this show mirrors any of that this could be well worth a look.

I know about that stuff. I just don't care at all. Krypton is important to me only through the actions of the survivors, mainly Superman, Supergirl, Power Girl, Zod, Faora, and a few others. Basically, to me it starts getting important the moment it ends.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:34 pm

pastajoe wrote:
This gives me hope that it won’t be anything like the cringe-worthy Supergirl CW show.

A Krypton "Prequel" film which would have dealt with the events surrounding the destruction of Krypton snd baby Supes rocketing to Earth wouldn't have been s bad idea.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:42 pm

achilles wrote:What I saw early one suggests they lifted the production design straight from MoS, which is not a good thing IMO.

And they finally found a concept less interesting to me then Gotham before Batman. Krypton long before Superman was born. With his granddad Seg-Way.

I would have like a DC space series like LEGION, but not something about a pre-explodey planet Krypton.

All I could tell from the trailers that the scenery and costumes were black, blacker, and blackest.

I'm afraid an LSH series would be just as generic sci-fi as Krypton seems to be, though.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:46 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Its surprising how many Superman "fans" don't know that Krypton has a wicked history. There was some serious "Game Of Thrones" type shit going on generations before Jor-El was born. In the 70s both "Action Comics" and "Superman" had backup features that ran for years telling these tales. If this show mirrors any of that this could be well worth a look.

Most of my Silver Age Kryptonian history comes form the "World of Krypton" and "Krypton Chronicles" mini-series.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:07 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
All I could tell from the trailers that the scenery and costumes were black, blacker, and blackest.

I'm afraid an LSH series would be just as generic sci-fi as Krypton seems to be, though.

Oh, I wasn't talking a LSH series, but rather a LEGION series, the Vril Dox/Captain Comet/Strata/Lady Quark/Lobo/Stealth/Phase and others variety, the snarky one. And concentrate on making that way, rather than a simple generic show. That's a problem many shows have....it just comes down to the vision the show runner has for the show and its tone, and the skill the writers have in carrying that vision out.

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:11 pm

achilles wrote:What I saw early one suggests they lifted the production design straight from MoS, which is not a good thing IMO.

Of course they did. Goyer is one of the showrunners.

leave a comment with facebook