Monday, June 27, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Bleeding Cool!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Tokusatsu Thread - Asian Live-Action Special Effects

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:20 pm

genetic freak wrote:Could be close. Both kuuga and Agito are great with the continuity even factored in. All succeeding series are independent continuity. Faiz was decent but a bit on the too emo side, it was more Claremont era X-Men than Kamen Rider if you ask me. Kabuto started out strong but fizzled the last few eps. Kabuto is still in my favorites list though. Blade I cant seem to get into. Ryuki didnt felt like a KR show to be honest. .

List of what i definitely did like are:

Kuuga
Agito
Faiz
Kabuto
Kiva

The rest i can live without.


Wow, good calls on 555 and Kabuto.

I liked Blade, but not as much as those two or Den-O. I find Blade and Kiva to strike me about the same. I'm enjoying Ryuki so far.

Hibiki doesn't interest me and I'm yet to get to see Agito or Kuuga.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:24 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Wow, good calls on 555 and Kabuto.

I liked Blade, but not as much as those two or Den-O. I find Blade and Kiva to strike me about the same. I'm enjoying Ryuki so far.

Hibiki doesn't interest me and I'm yet to get to see Agito or Kuuga.


I've only seen 2-3 episodes of Den-o... it was okay but didn't really get into it.

Seems like Japan is Den-o crazy though. What is it, like 3 movies already? I don't get it. Plus they are getting all the SICs! :smt013

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:29 pm

sdsichero wrote:I've only seen 2-3 episodes of Den-o... it was okay but didn't really get into it.

Seems like Japan is Den-o crazy though. What is it, like 3 movies already? I don't get it. Plus they are getting all the SICs! :smt013


For me, Den-O turned out to be very whimsical, kind of like the old Captain Marvel stories from the forties. It was also not badly paced at all.

Yeah, it seems it's still popular, enough for the continuations to happen.

I've seen that the 700 yen figures have not been done at all for Kiva.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:50 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:For me, Den-O turned out to be very whimsical, kind of like the old Captain Marvel stories from the forties. It was also not badly paced at all.

Yeah, it seems it's still popular, enough for the continuations to happen.

I've seen that the 700 yen figures have not been done at all for Kiva.


What series are those? They have 800¥ ones
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN950977

Some others...
http://www.toysnjoys.com/kamenriderkiva.html

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:55 pm

sdsichero wrote:What series are those? They have 800¥ ones
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN950977

Some others...
http://www.toysnjoys.com/kamenriderkiva.html


D'Oh!

I missed that. I'm used to the 700yen tag.

Who's Rey and Arc?
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:03 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:D'Oh!

I missed that. I'm used to the 700yen tag.

Who's Rey and Arc?


Haven't watched Kiva beyond the first couple... but do see the pics in magazines...

Rey:
http://www.toysnjoys.com/kamenriderkiva/maskedriderkivareyfigure.jpg

Arc:
http://www.toysnjoys.com/kamenriderkiva/maskedriderkivaarcfigure.jpg

Or do you mean who are they in the show? I wonder if they might be characters from the movies...

EDIT: They are from the movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Kiva:_King_of_the_Castle_in_the_Demon_World#Movie-exclusive_characters
User avatar

genetic freak

cheese

Postby genetic freak » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:43 am

The best part of 555 or Faiz is in the last half of the series. Kabuto just went rushed in the end leaving dangling plotholes but a very solid first half IMO.

Agito is not on TVN but fully available in the interwebz.
User avatar

genetic freak

cheese

Postby genetic freak » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:13 am

I just discovered a series perfectly fit for Cat. Chichirangers. :shock:
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:44 am

genetic freak wrote:I just discovered a series perfectly fit for Cat. Chichirangers. :shock:


HAHAHAHAAHA

Now post some pics!!!
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:45 am

GROOOOAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!! :(

http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=59737&view=findpost&p=1176534
User avatar

genetic freak

cheese

Postby genetic freak » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:11 am



Told you I had a feeling it's going to suck.
User avatar

genetic freak

cheese

Postby genetic freak » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:16 am

sdsichero wrote:HAHAHAHAAHA

Now post some pics!!!


So you know the series? I cant post pics because I have no copies to post. I do have episodes. ;-) :wink:

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:51 am

genetic freak wrote:So you know the series? I cant post pics because I have no copies to post. I do have episodes. ;-) :wink:


It's called screencaps.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:10 pm

genetic freak wrote:So you know the series? I cant post pics because I have no copies to post. I do have episodes. ;-) :wink:


Haha Well I did a quick search... and I know why you can't post pics.

Though you can send both Cat & I complimentary copies of the movies. :P

P.S. How did you find this particular show hmnnnnn?
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:13 pm

genetic freak wrote:Told you I had a feeling it's going to suck.


Yeah should be Kamen Rider S-UX

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Earth-2 NoctourneM, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Flamebird, Gray, Grayson, Liam Moorhart, MSNbot Media, sdsichero, VaderTheTrader and 81 guests