Thursday, November 15, 2018 • Evening Edition • "We deal with the loons so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Toy Shed Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:24 pm

Most of the ToyFair stuff I see is coming from Hasbro...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:07 pm

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:10 pm

Mattel's New View-Master Uses Google Cardboard VR

At the World Toy Fair today in New York, Mattel announced a collaboration with Google to give the iconic View-Master toy a 21st century makeover.

The all-new View-Master works with Google Cardboard VR technology to transform those once flat photo reels into 360-degree "photospheres". By fitting an Android smartphone into the viewer and opening up the companion app, users will be able to explore, interact with, and learn about famous cities, landmarks, planets, and more.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:07 am

Transformers Hasbro Toy Fair 2015 Official Press Releases And Product Images

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:26 pm

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:17 pm

TF15: Masters of the Universe Classics Club 200X

Mattel has released the full line up for their Masters of the Universe Classics Club 200X Monthly Subscription. This 2015 subscription celebrates the 2002-2004 TV series with six monthly figures plus Mattel's first ever club-exclusive accessory pack.

Subscription Purchase Period & Limits: The 2015 Club 200X subscription period starts today, Monday 2/23/15 at 9 a.m. PT and ends on Monday 3/23/15 at 11:59 p.m. PT. You’re free to purchase as many memberships as you like during this period. There will be no extensions so don’t wait!

Club Figures: Only subscribers receive the Heads of Eternia Accessory Pack, an exclusive set, directly from Mattel! This very special set will never be sold separately at MattyCollector.com or anywhere else by Mattel. Scheduled to be shipped in August (subject to change), the cost is covered by the $26 membership fee (any applicable shipping and taxes/fees will be charged at the time of shipment). Planned releases are as follows (all names and release dates are subject to change):

• Callix (7/15/15)
• Evil Seed (8/15/15)
• Club-Exclusive: Heads of Eternia Accessory Pack - includes alternate heads for Grizzlor, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Roboto, Snout Spout, and Clawful (8/15/15)
• King Chooblah (9/15)
• Ceratus (10/15)
• Queen Grayskull (11/15)
• Prahvus (12/15)

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:31 pm

DC Collectibles ICONS Series: Articulation Breakdown

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon May 11, 2015 10:34 pm

Mattel Reveals First Batch of SDCC'15 Exclusives

Ghostbusters Courtroom Battle Egon Spengler
Masters of the Universe Rotar vs. Twistoid
Hover Robots 3-Pack

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue May 19, 2015 10:22 pm

Harold George Meij Named CEO of Takara Tomy

Japanese toy and game company Takara Tomy announced on Tuesday that it had offered the position of representative director and chief executive officer to Harold George Meij. He will officially be inaugurated to his new position by the board of directors at a scheduled general meeting of stockholders in June 24. He will replace current representative director and CEO Kantaro Tomiyama.

Meij was born in the Netherlands in 1963, and worked in Japanese oral care product maker Sunstar and Coca-Cola Japan before he joined Takara Tomy last year as chief operating officer and chief senior director of overseas business.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:34 pm

So...

The latest wave of Marvel Universe Infinite figures (Doc Ock, Shanna, Thunderstrike, 90s Daredevil, Miles, and Vulture).I knew what I was getting, but goddammit. I didn’t know it was going to be this bad. I knew there was going to be “cut-backs” in this wave but damn.

This is absolutely the worst wave of this entire line (waves1 and 2 I can forgive because they were trying to find their way). But this?

After how many waves and we’re back to this? Badly applied paint apps? Seriously this was waiting for me the moment I opened Vulture. His back missing paint. Then the spectacle hit: his wings. They suck. I mean the idea was sound with using Falcon/Darkhawk’s arms. But.. dear god those figures wings could semi stick (Falcon the best of the three). Vulture? I can only get three poses out of him with those damn wings. Flying with his arms up and putting them in backwards. The tab in his arms is so “meh” just by brushing against it knocks his wings off the peg. Da hell?

Doc Ock fairs better, but has no ab crunch hinders what could have been the best Doc Ock figure (we’ve had three Doc Ock figures. Two in the Spidey one that gave him a soul patch for some reason. The other was Amazing Spider-Man which used his Ultimate incarnation (and of the three had the best mold, just that his again arms sucked). Both had some really bad robotic arms (though someone on /toy/ modded the later Ock with arms making him surprisingly kick ass).

So with this Ock, Hasbro gave us probably the best Ock arms we’ll ever get from. The figure captures his classic look nicely. The tentacles of his have two points of articulation (back and middle) plus you switch up a few of the arms. Plus the mold of the arms look amazing too.

But other than posing nicely with the Sinister Six or CRUSHING THAT ANNNOYING ARACHNID you can’t really do much else with the figure. I kind of hope there’s some 3rd party maker who could fix this with better molded (bendy wire tentacles?) and ones that have a longer reach. I mean the idea is right there to be had given Hasbro already drilled four holes in his back.

The truly tragedy is Mattel is putting out a better produce than Hasbro with figures of this line (Black Mask, Arkham Knight, and Hush are all superior figures). That’s sad when Mattel is doing a better job in that regard.

Still Hasbro did just make an amazing Mayday Figure in that Marvel Legends Hobgoblin wave (tempted to get the other parts since I love me some Hobgoblin). Overall, I think the only figure left I’m ever getting of this series is Chameleon and that’s it. Not like I can go back and buy figures I missed. Oh wait.. now I remember. Freaking over $200 Vision? Near a $100 for Ms. Marvel?! (Carol with two and Karla)

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:28 am

Looks like they are bringing back the Cool Girls brand

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:32 pm

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Choose the Next Hasbro Marvel Legends Figure

Going to San Diego Comic-Con this year? Visit the Hasbro Booth (#3213) to vote for the next epic Marvel Legends figure to be created by Hasbro that you can add to your collection. There will be one round of voting each day, Thursday and Friday from 11:30am-Noon as well as Saturday and Sunday from Noon to 12:30. Choose from characters the likes of Mysterio, The Hood, Nebula, Darkhawk, Sif, Executioner and many, many more.

Oooo...

I like some of his more recent costumes though...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Marvel Legends at SDCC 2015 preview night. I want that Silvermane head! Should be with Shocker.

New #MarvelLegends at the #Hasbro Brand Preview event #SDCC #SDCC2015

A photo posted by Ron Mirasol (@afpron) on