Sunday, May 27, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Special collector's edition 4D variant!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Toy Shed Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:59 am

:-(

zryson

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby zryson » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:35 am

TRU owes both millions (Mattel more than $135 million and Hasbro for around $60 million) so yes both are going to be affected. Not just because of the debt but because of falling toy sales.

Will Toys R Us Liquidation Take Down Hasbro and Mattel?
https://www.nasdaq.com/article/will-toy ... l-cm939422

zryson

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby zryson » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:43 am

Toys R Us closing down in the US and UK hurts because its going to have massive repercussions for an already struggling toy industry but the toy industry itself is partly to blame because they manufacturer so much shit people just don't want to buy. Look at the Star Wars brand - over and over again they often use the same figures from previous releases, slap them onto a new backing card with new art and then expect the public to buy the same thing all over again. Yet they are puzzled why sales fall? They live in a bubble and its about time they started listening to what toy collectors want - Hasbro did this brilliantly with The Black Series but even that line of Star Wars figures has suffered over recent years because they put two or three figures of the less popular characters in a box destined for stores and then only one of the most popular and then of course stores get stuck with masses of less popular characters while the demand for the most sought after figures drives fans from stores to online which often ends up their only avenue for purchasing the figure they badly want.

zryson

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby zryson » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:18 am

I went to Toys R Us earlier today and everywhere I looked I saw the signs of why TRU has been such a failure. The first glaring reason are isles of merchandise nobody wants. The second big reason is that Toys R Us massively overprices merchandise and just cannot compete with Target or K-mart. This was even more glaring when I looked at the Star Wars The Black Series 6-inch toyline. TRU had them at full price. A competing store about half a mile away has them up to 90% off the regular price. The third reason is the staff. I walked around the store for maybe five minutes. Not once did I see any staff in the isles. Nobody asked if I needed help? When I exited the store I saw just one staff member at the register. Overall it was a sad experience but it does show why TRU went belly-up.

zryson

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby zryson » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:00 am

Hasbro just doesnt get it. There's too much Star Wars in the public arena which is why sales are down. That and the crap they put out means sales go down not up.

Hasbro CEO Admits Making Mistake With ‘Last Jedi’ Toys

With “The Last Jedi” rollout, Hasbro and Walt Disney Co. had hoped to duplicate the success of 2015’s “The Force Awakens.” In both cases, they debuted toys in September -- about three months before the movie reached theaters.

That strategy backfired in 2017 for “The Last Jedi,” the eighth episode in the saga. Hardcore fans still came out in September, but the momentum quickly faded. Sales of Star Wars toys unexpectedly declined last year.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -jedi-toys

zryson

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby zryson » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:04 am

Will Hasbro reignite Star Wars buzz with Solo A Star Wars Story? I doubt it. The movie hardly has any buzz just two months out from release. Where's all the marketing? The hype is way down and I'm not surprised. Its too soon after The Last Jedi (which sharply divided the fan base).

zryson

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby zryson » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:06 am

Another reason sales for Star Wars Last Jedi were way down compared to TFA is that many fans just don't care about the new characters like Rose (who is a pegwarmer in stores.) That and the movie being underwhelming didn't help the brand one bit.

Typhoon_October

Whippersnapper

Postby Typhoon_October » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:10 am

The reasons behind Toys R Us's failure are the same in Europe. Their prices are 15-25% higher than the concurrence on the exact same damn items, and they tend to keep their stuff on the shelves longer than expected, the only thing they manage to sell out are popular toys already sold out in other toy stores.

zryson

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby zryson » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:35 pm

Toys R Us websites shut down as rapid liquidation continues
https://www.northjersey.com/story/money ... 472833002/

zryson

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby zryson » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:36 pm

Jabba the Hutt's Sail Barge From Hasbro Has Now Been Fully Backed By Users
http://emptylighthouse.com/jabba-hutts- ... -228249359

zryson

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby zryson » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:41 pm

Stores across America have broken the enforced embargo on selling SOLO A Star Wars merchandise early with Target and Walmart already selling the 6-inch action figures.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:40 pm

So it was true…

OWNER OF KB TOYS BRAND HOPES TO OPEN 1,000 POP-UP TOY STORES

Strategic Marks, which acquired the KB Toys trademarks in 2016, is trying to put together a deal to open 1,000 pop-up stores to sell toys this holiday season, according to CNNMoney. The company is seeking alliances with stores that specialize in holiday and pop-up retail, according to the report, including Spencer Spirit Holdings, Go! Retail Group, and Party City Holdco Inc.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:41 pm

zryson wrote:Jabba the Hutt's Sail Barge From Hasbro Has Now Been Fully Backed By Users
http://emptylighthouse.com/jabba-hutts- ... -228249359

Which means they'll do more. I want a new Flagg or Terrordrome dammit!

zryson

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby zryson » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:12 am

SOLO merchandise is arriving at more stores and according to the latest information, the store embargo on putting merchandise on shelves is now April 13th.

zryson

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby zryson » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:23 am

I was offered the opportunity yesterday to buy a box of SOLO merchandise but I just cannot drum up the excitement at this point. The Solo Ehrenreich figure with the new photo-realistic technology that Hasbro is using to capture the likeness of the various actors is a definite improvement but the figure looks nothing like Solo beyond the clothes and I dont want an action figure featuring his face. I think a lot will depend on the movie - if its great it will see a boost in sales but I think judging from the merchandise I've seen so far, there will be a lot of pegwarmers (much like the Rose action figures from The Last Jedi.)

leave a comment with facebook