Advertisement

The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

"Clear" - RATE IT!

10%

Chris, GOSD, S.F. Jude Terror
30%

Bert Macklin FBI, GHERU, Glacier16, Grayson, habitual, misac, oogy, pastajoe, ~Alima~
20%

dairydead, doombug, jeremy, kwiktpyer, nicolemarie116, smackdaddyc
13%

e_galston, GiveWarAChance, superfictious, syxxpakk
13%

Eli Katz, IvCNuB4, Lord Simian, MistaT
No votes

7%

Amoebas, Victorian Squid
No votes

3%

Frag
3%

thefourthman

Total votes : 30

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 634 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: The Walking Dead 3.12 "Clear" - RATE IT!

Postby Grayson » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Carl going after the photo was moronic.

He's grown up a lot since last season when everybody was always wondering why he was never in the house but at the end of the day, he's still a kid. He has been running around the prison making "runs" whenever he felt like it, so it's not hard to imagine that he has begun to develop an independent streak and feels a little invincible right about now. Michonne kept him on a relatively short leash, giving him his independence, but keeping an eye on him. In the long run, it paid off for the both of them because Carl accepted Michonne and gained trust for her, while she was able to teach him that he can't do everything on his own all the time.
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:03 pm

My issue wasn't that their run was too far. It was that it was too close.

They couldn't have gone back when they were at the farm? Shane always wanted guns, he didn't think about it?

And Rick telling Morgan that "he didn't have a choice" becomes a huge copout. If they were only a couple of hours away, he couldn't have just gone back to find Morgan instead of checking on the walkie?
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:30 am

Perhaps Rick just wasn't desperate enough to make that trip. It might not be so long that it would take days, but still a long enough trip where shit could happen. They've never been totally out of guns and ammo, and only now are the desperate to get stocked up for a non-zombie related war.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 139 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:27 pm

Great episode.

smackdaddyc
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Liked in: 0 post

Postby smackdaddyc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:43 pm

thefourthman wrote:I was also really taken aback by the whole Carl asked to come bullshit while it was clearly stated last episode that Rick was bringing Carl cause he was ready and there didn't appear to be a conversation about heading home.

I have to admit that this bugged me too. Not enough to hate the episode like you :lol:

Still, this, the talking in earshot of Michonne, and the gas that it took to drive home and back really made me wonder what the heck happened to the writing.

The emotions and such were nice but still, you gotta get these things right. We can assume that they stopped and found some gas, but I'd like to SEE it on occasion. It's a 30 second scene every few episodes. Not too much to ask methinks. :smt102

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 132 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:16 am

I don't think has is an issue with so many abandoned cars in the road, which also significantly slow down travel, especially with a RV.

The geography of the show works out, especially with how bad the roads in Georgia are.

Hab

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 48 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:54 am

Grayson wrote:
He's grown up a lot since last season when everybody was always wondering why he was never in the house but at the end of the day, he's still a kid. He has been running around the prison making "runs" whenever he felt like it, so it's not hard to imagine that he has begun to develop an independent streak and feels a little invincible right about now. Michonne kept him on a relatively short leash, giving him his independence, but keeping an eye on him. In the long run, it paid off for the both of them because Carl accepted Michonne and gained trust for her, while she was able to teach him that he can't do everything on his own all the time.

I just don't accept the needless risk-taking in this case. You make a mistake in this world, and you get eaten alive. That's an unimaginable horror that should encourage everyone to act with extreme caution. Even a borderline adolescent like Carl. I just don't understand why you would risk being mauled by zombies for a photo.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:36 am

Eli Katz wrote:I just don't accept the needless risk-taking in this case. You make a mistake in this world, and you get eaten alive. That's an unimaginable horror that should encourage everyone to act with extreme caution. Even a borderline adolescent like Carl. I just don't understand why you would risk being mauled by zombies for a photo.

Carl perceives the zombies as a threat but a manageable one. He had a mission and wanted to prove that he could do it. He's struggling to find some solace in his life and I think that photo meant more to him than life itself.

smackdaddyc
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Liked in: 0 post

Postby smackdaddyc » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:47 am

GOSD wrote:

This. Carl is a child folks. What is he maybe 13? Besides all of the normal human hormonal changes that come with his age, he is dealing with death everywhere, most importantly, his own mother whom he had to put down. Now, he has a dad going loony bin and a baby sister that will never know life before the disease.

For Carl, as pointed out, the walkers are not a real threat. He is still too naive to fully understand the dangers. This mission served three-fold...

1. Carl got a photo of his mom and (maybe?)dad for his little sister to be able to know where she came from.
2. Carl learned up close and personal that walkers will get on you in a hurry and require planning and patience to defeat.
3. Michonne gained Carl's trust.

It was important for the show, imo, to build upon Carl and Michonne's characters. It achieved that.

I give the episode an 8.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:32 pm

It was very dramatic to see Morgan like this. I really enjoyed this episode.

Bert Macklin FBI
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 283 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Bert Macklin FBI » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Solid 9 for me. I really enjoyed this episode and don't get the hate. One of the better episodes of the series if you ask me.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Solid 9 for me. I really enjoyed this episode and don't get the hate. One of the better episodes of the series if you ask me.

Agreed.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Solid 9 for me. I really enjoyed this episode and don't get the hate. One of the better episodes of the series if you ask me.

I think episode 11 was kind of slow, but this one was just great.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:11 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
What did we learn?

We learned that the regular Writers were on vacation so the Producers called some Intern into their office and said "we need a filler episode. Just use enough covenient coincidences and plot lines to make a 1 hour script."

"And be sure to add some reason to have Rick take his shirt off to keep the women and gay guys tuned in."

:lol:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:48 pm

I get Carl's motivations. I don't get why he couldn't just ask his dad.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum