Advertisement

The Walking Dead 4.07 "Dead Weight" - RATE IT!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

"Dead Weight" - RATE IT!

No votes

7%

GOSD
14%

Grayson, jeremy
21%

holtom2000, pastajoe, syxxpakk
7%

GiveWarAChance
21%

Agent of the Bat, habitual, thefourthman
14%

Amoebas, IvCNuB4
No votes

14%

TheLurker, ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo
No votes

Total votes : 14

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

The Walking Dead 4.07 "Dead Weight" - RATE IT!

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:53 pm

Last week: 5.72

Season 4:
4.01 "30 Days Without An Incident" - 6.16
4.02 "Infected" - 7.45
4.03 "Isolation" - 7.31
4.04 "Indifference" - 6.85
4.05 "Internment" - 7.88
4.06 "Live Bait" - 5.72

"Dead Weight"

The beginnings of a potentially horrifying chapter unfold with the establishment of a camp outside the prison; the possibility of the group finding peace amongst their savage new existence drives them to consider the idea of welcoming new members.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: The Walking Dead 4.07 "Dead Weight" - RATE IT!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:39 am

Well, I guess hero Governor didn't last long. It was interesting to see how quickly he was able to rebuild his empire and seize power. Alvarez from Oz is really getting around lately, wasn't he just on an episode of Person of Interest? Looks like we'll finally get some real action in the mid-season finale.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Agent of the Bat » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:09 am

I gave this episode a 5 because while there were a few cool things that happened I just don't give a shit about the Governor or Brian or whatever you want to call him. I think he should have died last season. He is just getting more and more fucked up and the reasoning for what he does is more and more fucked up. I mean fucking christ he used to keep the dead heads in tanks now he is keeping whole fucking bodies in a fucking lake, he is one sick fucking dude.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:11 am

Loved it. The Gov is back and he's coming for Rick.

AND HE HAS A TANK! Just like in the comics.

LOVE IT! :-D

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:14 am

Only slightly better than last week and then drug down by previews of the battle for the prison part 2. Who cares?

jeremy
Staff Writer

Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:11 am

The only thing I haven't liked about these episodes is that I hate when they focus entirely on the governor instead of splitting it up throughout the season and we don't get any of the main characters for a couple episodes at a time. But I enjoyed it, a lot went down, and most of all it looks like the tank is finally attacking the prison. Hopefully next episode the battle goes down and it's not just a circle jerk to leave people hanging until the next half the season kicks in.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:35 pm

jeremy wrote:The only thing I haven't liked about these episodes is that I hate when they focus entirely on the governor instead of splitting it up throughout the season and we don't get any of the main characters for a couple episodes at a time. But I enjoyed it, a lot went down, and most of all it looks like the tank is finally attacking the prison. Hopefully next episode the battle goes down and it's not just a circle jerk to leave people hanging until the next half the season kicks in.

The end of next week's episode will likely have a Will Riker "Fire!" moment just before the end credits.

Add me to the group that just doesn't care for the Governor. If anything, TV's Gov is tainting my appreciation of the comic's Gov.

Last weeks redemption was a joke. This week we're supposed to feel sorry for him for the child abuse he suffered :roll:

The bald GI Joe guy is the next in line of stupid characters. Gov admitted killing his brother, and it should have taken him 2 seconds to figure out that Carlos didn't fall into the pit without help and that he'd be on the chopping block too.

And Carlos never once talked about the Gov to his top men? Never once told the story of Woodbury? Never once said - "Man , that guy was bat-shit crazy. He killed his own people!".?

At least the show has a couple of cute lesbians now.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:34 pm

This episode definitely was "dead weight" :lol:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 1 post

Postby holtom2000 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:28 pm

just saw this today as I was cheering on my Riders to Grey Cup history!
But man, what an evil prick...

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:32 pm

I actually really liked the past 2 episodes. Instead of the Governor just being a completely evil bastard, we started to see that there may have been more too him...

...NAH! He really is just an evil bastard. I particularly loved the scene when he returns to the camper and tells Lily and Megan to pack everything up and he just casually throws in the line that he can't lose them again. The Governor doesn't view them as Lily and Megan, he simply views them as suitable replacements for the family that he already lost!

jeremy wrote:The only thing I haven't liked about these episodes is that I hate when they focus entirely on the governor instead of splitting it up throughout the season and we don't get any of the main characters for a couple episodes at a time.

I completely agree with this. A bit of the emotional punch of exactly what was going on in the Governor's mind was lost by rushing everything into the past 2 episodes, rather than adding it on to each episode throughout the first half of this season. Granted, we knew that the Governor was never going to redeem himself and become a hero but I think that the subtly of what was happening would have had a little more impact if it would have been a slower burn throughout the season.
ImageImageImage

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:43 pm

I like how he held Martinez in the pit so the zombies could munch on him....

Awesome! :-D

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:52 pm

GOSD wrote:I like how he held Martinez in the pit so the zombies could munch on him....

Awesome! :-D

After what Martinez saw him do in the finale last year I can't believe he didn't put one in his head when he found him in the pit.

Hab

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:17 pm

habitual wrote:
After what Martinez saw him do in the finale last year I can't believe he didn't put one in his head when he found him in the pit.

Hab

Yep. I bet that's what he thought as he was being dragged towards the pit. :-D

ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo
Rorshach Test Subject

Postby ThirtyFiveMinutesAgo » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:47 am

I'm glad they used these last two episodes to establish The Governor as an evil character. The ending of season three was muddy at best. Now we know he is up to no good!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum