Advertisement

The Walking Dead 3.06 "Hounded" - RATE IT!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

"Hounded" - RATE IT!

11%

Chris, S.F. Jude Terror
17%

doombug, Eli Katz, misac
17%

dairydead, GOSD, syxxpakk
22%

habitual, Nightfly, pastajoe, Regulator
28%

Amoebas, GiveWarAChance, IvCNuB4, Victorian Squid, xshane666x
6%

Tattooed Jesus
No votes

No votes

No votes

No votes

Total votes : 18

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: The Walking Dead 3.06 "Hounded" - RATE IT!

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:59 am

habitual wrote:This was a decent episode, I can't believe you gave it a 10 Chris.

Hab

It was a 9 originally.. I bumped it up to offset the 6's. :D

Advertisement

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 646 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:04 am

habitual wrote:This was a decent episode, I can't believe you gave it a 10 Chris.

Hab

Likewise...

Personally I don't understand the liberal use of 10's on this site sometimes. I reserve 10's for the ultimate experiences.

As Louis CK riffed (just replace "chicken wings" with last night's"Walking Dead")...

Anyway, I was listening to the two guys. And one of them used a word that really pissed me off. Because, it was how he used it. He used the word ‘hilarious.’ That’s one of those words that we use, and we don’t care what it means. We go right for the top shelf with our words, now. We don’t think about how we talk. We just say, ‘Dude, it was amazing. It was amazing.’ Really? You were ‘amazed’? You were ‘amazed’? By a basket of chicken wings? Really? ‘Amazing?’

What are you going to do with the rest of your life now? What if something really happens to you? What if Jesus comes down from the sky. Makes love to you all night long. Leaves the new living lord in your belly? What are you going to call that? You used ‘amazing’ on a basket of chicken wings. You’ve limited yourself verbally to a shit life. All these words we use. ‘Genius.’ Anybody can be a ‘genius’ now. It used to be you had to have a thought no one had ever had before. Or you had to invent a number. Now, it’s like, ‘Hey I got a cup in case we need another cup. Dude you’re a genius. ‘

So this guys, he used ‘hilarious.’ […] His friend goes, ‘I saw Lisa today.’ And he goes, ‘Hah. That’s hilarious.’

How the fuck is that hilarious?! That you saw Lisa? Is Lisa a poodle on her hind legs. How is that hilarious? Was she standing next to Jerry Lewis when he was younger. How the fuck is that hilarious? Do you know what hilarious means? Hilarious means so funny that you almost went insane when you heard that shit. It’s just so funny that it almost ruined your life. You’re homeless now because you can’t cope or reason anymore because that hilarious thing just shattered your mind. And three months later you’ve got shit and leaves in your hair and you’re drenched in pee in the gutter. That’s how funny hilarious is.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 357 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:27 am

The phone segments were too long and you couldn't tell who was on the phone.

I think being a fan of the comic ruined that scene for me too.

Hating the Governer. His scenes with Andrea are :smt015

Miracloman
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Seduce and Destroy
Formerly: some guy from the 'Rama

Postby Miracloman » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:55 am

How exactly did Michonne knew she had to go to the prison?

And Merle's actions had me a little confused.At one point he seemed like he intentionally let Michonne escape,but latter he kidnap Glen and Maggie.The only explanation I can think of is that he cares more about finding his brother than to chase after some katana wielding chick that spat at the Governor's eye and he knew that finding the group Glen belongs to would lead him to Daryl.

And speaking of Daryl,it's looks like either the producers or the audience is in love of the character. Notice how he had become the second most reliable member of the group.Hell,not only this week he was acting like an uncle or big brother toward Carl but last week he was the one who feed the baby not to mention the kindness he always seems to show to Carol.

One final note Oscar,the big bad black inmate dude,had been more useful/more bad ass than poor T-dog ever got the chance to be,for three seasons.Damn, Theodore Douglas can't get no respect.

Strict31 wrote:Curse you!

You've escaped from the trap that has always captured coyle and bender!!!

There will be another day, Miracloman! Another day!!!!

pat
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby pat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 am

Miracloman wrote:And Merle's actions had me a little confused.At one point he seemed like he intentionally let Michonne escape,but latter he kidnap Glen and Maggie.The only explanation I can think of is that he cares more about finding his brother than to chase after some katana wielding chick that spat at the Governor's eye and he knew that finding the group Glen belongs to would lead him to Daryl.

Doesn't seem to me you're confused, that's exactly what happened.
Frank, sometimes I really wish you didn't beat that cancer.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1173 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:30 am

Miracloman wrote:How exactly did Michonne knew she had to go to the prison?

And Merle's actions had me a little confused.At one point he seemed like he intentionally let Michonne escape,but latter he kidnap Glen and Maggie.The only explanation I can think of is that he cares more about finding his brother than to chase after some katana wielding chick that spat at the Governor's eye and he knew that finding the group Glen belongs to would lead him to Daryl.

And speaking of Daryl,it's looks like either the producers or the audience is in love of the character. Notice how he had become the second most reliable member of the group.Hell,not only this week he was acting like an uncle or big brother toward Carl but last week he was the one who feed the baby not to mention the kindness he always seems to show to Carol.

One final note Oscar,the big bad black inmate dude,had been more useful/more bad ass than poor T-dog ever got the chance to be,for three seasons.Damn, Theodore Douglas can't get no respect.

She overheard Glen and Maggie talking about it before they were kidnapped.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:50 am

Amoebas wrote:Likewise...

Personally I don't understand the liberal use of 10's on this site sometimes. I reserve 10's for the ultimate experiences.

I generally keep my votes over 6.

Anything below that is unwatchable territory, reserved for shit like the "Expose" episode of LOST.

6-7 = So-so episode.

8 = Solid episode, but nothing special

9-10 = Great episode

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Nothing better happen to Daryl or I'll drop this show faster than the hair on chap's head dropped him. :smt013

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Agreed, GOSD.

Daryl is awesome.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1466 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Chris wrote:I have a feeling the
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Governor rape
thing from the comics is going to be with Maggie, instead of Michonne, in the show. :eek: :\

Unfortunately, I have the same feeling. I really, REALLY hope that we are wrong though. There is still a little over half a season left and a lot can happen. Especially if Rick and the group decide to pay Woodbury a visit to rescue Glenn and Maggie.

habitual wrote:It's official, Andrea is the new Lori.

Yeah, I have to admit that unfortunately I have never liked the show's version of Andrea which really upsets me because I know how badass and useful she is supposed to be. As it stands right now it appears that all she cares about is which batshit crazy guy she can fall for or what she can fake indignation over next.

dairydead wrote:I'm especially glad they didn't drag out the Carol stuff.

Agreed. I wasn't thrilled with how they prolonged the search for Sophia last season, so you can imagine how frustrating it was to have her mother's fate left in the air for almost 2 episodes.

GOSD wrote:Hating the Governer.

Really? I mean, I agree with you about some of his scenes with Andrea but that has more to do with Andrea than the Governor himself. In fact, I think that David Morrissey is doing a great job as the character. He has really humanized the Governor without taking away the underlying menace or general all-around creepiness that he possesses. I can see why the people of Woodbury follow him and seem generally happy while I also see why a killer like Merle would stay in line as opposed to attempting to take over himself.
ImageImageImage

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:44 pm

Sakie wrote: Really? I mean, I agree with you about some of his scenes with Andrea but that has more to do with Andrea than the Governor himself. In fact, I think that David Morrissey is doing a great job as the character. He has really humanized the Governor without taking away the underlying menace or general all-around creepiness that he possesses. I can see why the people of Woodbury follow him and seem generally happy while I also see why a killer like Merle would stay in line as opposed to attempting to take over himself.

That's true. Andrea seems to suck the life out of all things around her.

I think that I don't like him is that I already "know" the Governer from the comics and this guy isn't him. The blurring of the two characters to me is distracting.

The writers seem to be taking a long time to show us the Governer's real side but maybe that's my hangup.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:05 pm

GOSD wrote:The writers seem to be taking a long time to show us the Governer's real side but maybe that's my hangup.

True but we still have 2 episodes before the midseason break. Chances are we are going to find out just how sick and twisted the Governor really is and unfortunately it may come at the expense of Glenn or Maggie. Honestly, I expect that the second half of the season will be dealing with the fallout from whatever happens when Michonne takes Rick and company back to Woodbury to rescue Glenn and Maggie. So, it is entirely possible that whatever civility the Governor has left will be lost in the next couple of episodes.
ImageImageImage

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 262 posts

Postby misac » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Miracloman wrote:How exactly did Michonne knew she had to go to the prison?

Michonne overheard Glenn and Maggie mention the prison.

I really like Daryl being the opposite of Merle cause it’s going to be very interesting when they finally meet.

This episode made me question Andrea’s dumbness (going forward at least). I don’t think she’s into the Governor, and she’s just getting close to him to see what the deal is. I think she’s smartened up.

I give the episode a 9. The Michonne stuff was pretty cool, especially the ending. There’s no way the zombie guts didn’t get in her wound though. And Rick seems to coming back from completely losing it.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 262 posts

Postby misac » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:40 pm

GOSD wrote:
That's true. Andrea seems to suck the life out of all things around her.

I think that I don't like him is that I already "know" the Governer from the comics and this guy isn't him. The blurring of the two characters to me is distracting.

The writers seem to be taking a long time to show us the Governer's real side but maybe that's my hangup.

I think it’s pretty clear where he’s at. The issue I have is why he’s working so hard to keep Andrea around. :smt102

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:04 pm

misac wrote:The issue I have is why he’s working so hard to keep Andrea around. :smt102

I don't think that it's that hard to figure out. The Governor is obviously hanging on by a very fine thread. Sure he has what appears to be a pretty decent following within Woodbury but he is also combing the hair of his zombified daughter when nobody is looking. Any sense of normalcy that he can get, he is going to latch on to. Here is a girl who he is obviously attracted to and is apparently attracted to him as well.
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum