Advertisement

The Walking Dead 3.16 "Welcome to the Tombs" - RATE IT!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

"Welcome to the Tombs" - RATE IT!

10%

doombug, S.F. Jude Terror, syxxpakk
10%

Eli Katz, holtom2000, oogy
7%

misac, pastajoe
10%

dairydead, Grayson, jeremy
3%

PDH
14%

GiveWarAChance, kwiktpyer, Lord Simian, superfictious
7%

GHERU, MistaT
10%

e_galston, GOSD, xshane666x
17%

Amoebas, Chris, guitarsmashley, IvCNuB4, Victorian Squid
10%

Frag, Zechs

Total votes : 29

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 172 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: The Walking Dead 3.16 "Welcome to the Tombs" - RATE IT!

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Also... best ratings to date.

The finale was seen by 12.4 million viewers, just barely edging out the show’s previous record viewership of 12.3 million from its February mid-season premiere

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Chris wrote:Also... best ratings to date.

I think the precedence for their being no correlation to how popular something is doesn't mean its any good.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1501 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:02 pm

As a stand alone episode, this episode wouldn't have been that bad but as a season finale it did leave a lot to be desired.

In trying to redeem Andrea in the eyes of the viewer prior to her death, all that was really accomplished was giving the character a few more colossally dumb decisions before she was put out of our misery. Seriously, there was so much more that could or should have been accomplished in this episode but instead they wasted way too much time on Andrea. Here's a rule of thumb for the zombie apocalypse, if you're handcuffed to a chair and the dying man in the room with you is telling you to hurry you probably shouldn't sit around shooting the shit with him.

I don't agree that Carl should have killed that kid but I'm not upset by the fact that he did it either because it's part of the characters evolution. Carl may be a good shot but he is still a kid. He may think that he knows best like most kids do but he doesn't possess the ability to make such a tremendous decision, zombie apocalypse or not. Hershel was right there and if I am not mistaken he had a gun. The situation was under control. What was the kid going to do?, fake giving Carl the gun so that he could shoot Carl only to be shot by Hershel? The kid was obviously scared from what happened in the prison and to him these people were still dangerous. He hesitated to hand his weapon over because he had no reason to trust Hershel or Carl but I doubt he was dumb enough to think he could take them on by himself either. I like the fact that Hershel saw what Carl did and was adamant about bringing the truth to Rick's attention. Carl's development next season will be interesting.

Finally, I am actually glad that the Governor survived this season. It seems like some of the changes that have been made to the show make some of the story lines from the comic a little harder to accomplish. Now we have this rather large divergence from the books so what happens next could be anybody's guess.
ImageImageImage

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:03 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
I think the precedence for their being no correlation to how popular something is doesn't mean its any good.

Nobody said otherwise.

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 120 posts

Postby PDH » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Chris wrote:
It would've been a decent 7 or so if it was a regular episode. As a finale, and as a payoff to the Woodbury/Prison arc, it was the worst episode of the show to date.

Yeah, just watched it. Really anti-climactic. The Governor's 'troops' were complete pussies ("Argh! I think I saw a zombie!"); Andrea exceeded her own stupidity ("Don't worry, Milton, you'll be fine, it's just multiple stab wounds in the gut. There's no need to rush picking up those pliers you gave me with your last act in life"); and they all still have Star Wars Stormtrooper aim, which makes for pretty boring gunfights (seriously, they might as well just run around shouting, 'pew, pew, pew!' and making explosion noises.)

I think Andrea annoyed me the most. After about fifteen minutes of shouting, 'PICK UP THE FUCKING PLIERS!' at the screen, I started rooting for the pliers. I think they pretty much outwitted her. In fact, they're now my new favourite AMC's The Walking Dead character.

Let's hear it for the pliers! They did what the Governor and like a million zombies somehow couldn't do: killed this pointless insult to a cool comic book character. Good riddance!

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:11 pm

My wife was doing the same thing, "Pick up the pliers!" and I was like "Fuck that, take your time."

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Nobama

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby Nobama » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:11 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:It's funny because it's something you picked up but, I didn't notice because I was already over the whole thing and I know nothing about guns other than you pull the trigger it fires.

Well, personally, knowing that a revolver doesn't expel a casing when different types of guns do doesn't equal a gun nut anymore than noticing that the show began in 2010 yet they're driving 2013 model vehicles equals a car nut. It's a continuity issue.

I'm well aware that the consensus is that I'm a "gun nut", but if believing in defending the right to ownership makes me or anyone else a "gun nut" I think that says a whole lot more about the majority of people here than anything else.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:30 pm

Lionel Terror wrote:
Well, personally, knowing that a revolver doesn't expel a casing when different types of guns do doesn't equal a gun nut anymore than noticing that the show began in 2010 yet they're driving 2013 model vehicles equals a car nut. It's a continuity issue.

I'm well aware that the consensus is that I'm a "gun nut", but if believing in defending the right to ownership makes me or anyone else a "gun nut" I think that says a whole lot more about the majority of people here than anything else.

I had no idea you were a well known "gun nut" it was a calculated guess from your comment about a revolver and your avatar.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:34 pm

syxxpakk wrote:My wife was doing the same thing, "Pick up the pliers!" and I was like "Fuck that, take your time."

The problem is you can't unbolt a chair with a pair of pliers if your hand is handcuffed to that chair. I mean he left her pliers on the floor? What the fuck were you going to do with pliers anyway?

- Les Paul

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Don't care, she died.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:05 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Don't care, she died.

Exactly, but really who ever came up with pliers was just an idiot....If he happened to have the cuff key it be one thing and still unbelievable. It might as well have been a tape measure.

- Les Paul

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 660 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Grayson wrote:before she was put out of our misery.

:lol: So true. So true!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:08 pm

I can't even be happy for her death, honestly.

If she had died at any other point during the season - great! But her death was used as the big climax of this entire season. It was used as a "sad" moment. But when none of your audience gives a shit about her, the moment falls flat.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1205 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Chris wrote:I can't even be happy for her death, honestly.

If she had died at any other point during the season - great! But her death was used as the big climax of this entire season. It was used as a "sad" moment. But when none of your audience gives a shit about her, the moment falls flat.

It does prove my assertions about the truck though. Ask me how.

xshane666x
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 1 post

Postby xshane666x » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Chris wrote:I can't even be happy for her death, honestly.

THIS

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum