Advertisement

The Wolverine: Unleashed Extended Cut

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Re: The Wolverine: Unleashed Extended Cut

Postby The Beast » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:20 pm

habitual wrote:Zechs is correct about Viper, wrong about pretty much everything else, especially about Elektra, Mr. Freeze, and Quest for Peace.

That's actually a pretty good batting average for him :D

Hab

:lol:

Advertisement

Draco x
penile prisoner

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Draco x » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:07 pm

Grayson wrote:
I don't know how many Cap films they are going to make I am just taking a reasonable, educated guess. You don't have to be a genius to recognize the fact that superhero movies have been and are currently over saturating the market. Between now and January 1, 2016 we will see the release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, The Fantastic Four, X-Men: Apocalypse, and "Superman/Batman." That's 9 films in 2 years from just Marvel and DC! The average moviegoer is going to grow weary of the superhero genre eventually.

No, there certainly isn't a rule saying that Viper couldn't "share" the spotlight with Zemo and other villains. Personally, I prefer that a film doesn't sacrifice storytelling for more characters and films that attempt to pull a Spider-Man 3 or Batman & Robin concern me.

I won't argue with you there because we weren't originally talking about any of that. We were originally talking about Viper in a Captain America film. In fact, Viper as a lieutenant for Baron Heinrich Zemo in an Agent Carter series could be interesting.

Agreed.

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:05 pm

I'd rather watch Elecktra than watch: Man of Steel, Fox Fantastic Four movies, Catwoman, TMNT III, Wolverine: Origins, and Batman and Robin. For the mute button is powerful in watching Jen Garner bounce around.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:11 pm

Zechs wrote:I'd rather watch Elecktra than watch: Man of Steel, Fox Fantastic Four movies, Catwoman, TMNT III, Wolverine: Origins, and Batman and Robin. For the mute button is powerful in watching Jen Garner bounce around.

Oh, Zechs has started trolling, how quaint. :smt011 :P
ImageImageImage

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 4 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:16 pm

coyle coined a phrase bout someone who acts a certain way and posts...

twigg does it all the time.. well, zechs is doing it now.

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Grayson wrote:
Oh, Zechs has started trolling, how quaint. :smt011 :P

Hey I cannot help it. I find all the movies I listed unwatchable. Elecktra has Jennifer Garner and the true General Zod teaming up to fight Shang Tsung, Admiral Zhao, and Japanese Hawkeye. I cannot help it. I blame watching Alias a lot for this sickness. Especially the beginning of the Super Bowl episode.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 0 post
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:54 am

I enjoyed The Wolverine, mainly because Jackman is great at the part and he was able to carry the cast. The fight scenes were also nice and bloody in the extended cut. And of course the end-credits scene had me pumped. The villains were the weak spot, imo. Silver Samurai wasn't done justice and Viper was just...there.

Vastly superior to the first movie.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Zechs wrote:
Quest For Peace > Man of Steel

In fact I've watched Quest for Peace more time than Man of Steel. It's garbage I know is so bad it's entertaining while Man of Steel is garbage I just can't be entertained at all.

The premise for Quest for Peace was actually quite interesting: in a world threatened by nuclear holocaust, only someone as powerful as Superman can get rid of all the atomic bombs thus ensuring world peace. There are some very inspiring moments, like Superman’s speech at the UN or his examples of idealism and goodness, but overall the execution of the concept is inadequate. With the smallest budget of all the four Superman movies and a shoddy production, the plot holes and bad narrative choices were too evident and because of that the superhero franchise was negatively affected.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum