Advertisement

I think I hate people...

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26953
Likes: 238 posts
Liked in: 117 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


I think I hate people...

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:28 pm

All of them really.
I find myself wanting to strangle them or wanting to punch their face into a bloody pulpy mess.

I think this is how Patrick Bateman started out.

I may need to seek help.
Last edited by thefourthman on Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Zenguru
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 12684
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 8 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: West-by-God-Virginia!


Postby Zenguru » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:30 pm

What do you think brings these feelings out of you?

KING King Impulse
User avatar
Teenage Wasteland
 
Posts: 8585
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:53 am
Location: England
Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse


Postby KING King Impulse » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:32 pm

Did people steal the verb from the thread title?
THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26953
Likes: 238 posts
Liked in: 117 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:34 pm

KI-
maybe, I think I just fixed it.

ZG-
Stupidity. Today has been extra bad. I think I may be going into a slump again. But mostly it is just the stupid things people do and say.

Zenguru
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 12684
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 8 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: West-by-God-Virginia!


Postby Zenguru » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:36 pm

thefourthman wrote:KI-
maybe, I think I just fixed it.

ZG-
Stupidity. Today has been extra bad. I think I may be going into a slump again. But mostly it is just the stupid things people do and say.
Do you suffer from depression?

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26953
Likes: 238 posts
Liked in: 117 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:40 pm

Zenguru wrote:Do you suffer from depression?

maybe, it runs in the family, but I work through it most of the time.
It has never manifested itself in violent fantasies before.

daitong
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7063
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:02 pm
Location: New York City


Postby daitong » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:43 pm

thefourthman wrote:maybe, it runs in the family, but I work through it most of the time.
It has never manifested itself in violent fantasies before.


If you're serious and not just having a bad day, I would definitely seek some counseling. You don't want those feelings to manifest themselves. I understand depression, it does help to get whatever is eating you out in the open.
Image

Zenguru
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 12684
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 8 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: West-by-God-Virginia!


Postby Zenguru » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:45 pm

thefourthman wrote:maybe, it runs in the family, but I work through it most of the time.
It has never manifested itself in violent fantasies before.
If it runs in the family, that's a huge red flag right there. The fantasies may just be your way of coping with the frustration you have over these feelings, or the circumstances that create them.

"Working through it" may help short term, but it doesn't help regulate the problem if it shows up again. I recommend talking to a doctor to see if you need to be treated. Make sure your family history with this ailment is discussed also.

If it sounds like I've been there before, I have.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26953
Likes: 238 posts
Liked in: 117 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:49 pm

daitong wrote:If you're serious and not just having a bad day, I would definitely seek some counseling. You don't want those feelings to manifest themselves. I understand depression, it does help to get whatever is eating you out in the open.

yeah that's kind of what I am doing... part of it may be a just a bad day, but the fantasy just really frightened me.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26953
Likes: 238 posts
Liked in: 117 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:53 pm

Zenguru wrote:If it runs in the family, that's a huge red flag right there. The fantasies may just be your way of coping with the frustration you have over these feelings, or the circumstances that create them.

"Working through it" may help short term, but it doesn't help regulate the problem if it shows up again. I recommend talking to a doctor to see if you need to be treated. Make sure your family history with this ailment is discussed also.

If it sounds like I've been there before, I have.

What I have is definitely much milder then what my brother or my mom has. My brother spent a lot of time in wards being treated and my mom's is so bad that she under goes ECT about once every two months.

I've never actually wanted to harm myself and this is the first time I have wanted to harm others just for the hell of it. I am gonna see if I feel the same way tomorrow and then I will proceed.

I think may have just needed to vent a little, it has been one of those days where the stupid just seemed not to end. I feel better just talking about it. Calmer at least.

There have been other signs recently, I have been hard to wake in the morning and less productive at work. Money has been tight with gas and June is especially hard on my wallet with three birthdays in my immediate family and fathers day. It has probably been boiling up for a while and I was just to stressed to notice.

daitong
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7063
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:02 pm
Location: New York City


Postby daitong » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:25 pm

thefourthman wrote:What I have is definitely much milder then what my brother or my mom has. My brother spent a lot of time in wards being treated and my mom's is so bad that she under goes ECT about once every two months.

I've never actually wanted to harm myself and this is the first time I have wanted to harm others just for the hell of it. I am gonna see if I feel the same way tomorrow and then I will proceed.

I think may have just needed to vent a little, it has been one of those days where the stupid just seemed not to end. I feel better just talking about it. Calmer at least.

There have been other signs recently, I have been hard to wake in the morning and less productive at work. Money has been tight with gas and June is especially hard on my wallet with three birthdays in my immediate family and fathers day. It has probably been boiling up for a while and I was just to stressed to notice.


I'm glad getting it out in the open helps. That said, go talk to someone face to face.

Stupidity in people is an unavoidable occurrence. The trick of it is to not take it personal. Many people are oblivious as to how their nature rubs off on others. The trick of it is how we let it affect us.

It sounds stupid, but reading Barack Obama's books lately have really helped me in how I react to others. I'm not trying to advocate him politically, but the way he approaches life and problems is such a commendable and pragmatic method. I'd recommend them if you have no problem with him (not sure which way you bend politically, not that it matters). Believe me, I'm not advocate for self help books. I think most of those are full of shit.
Image

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26953
Likes: 238 posts
Liked in: 117 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:29 pm

daitong wrote:I'm glad getting it out in the open helps. That said, go talk to someone face to face.

Stupidity in people is an unavoidable occurrence. The trick of it is to not take it personal. Many people are oblivious as to how their nature rubs off on others. The trick of it is how we let it affect us.

It sounds stupid, but reading Barack Obama's books lately have really helped me in how I react to others. I'm not trying to advocate him politically, but the way he approaches life and problems is such a commendable and pragmatic method. I'd recommend them if you have no problem with him (not sure which way you bend politically, not that it matters). Believe me, I'm not advocate for self help books. I think most of those are full of shit.

I probably will check those books out. You got a title of one to start with. I like him. Unsure as to whether or not he is the real deal, but he seems pretty level headed and intelligent.

I think the fact that the buddy I usually talk to being out of town and the fact that this is the first time i have had a slump since I stomped smoking pot six months ago, probably had a lot to do with the intensity of this one. Hopefully, it will get easier, without the crutch.

Zenguru
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 12684
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 8 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: West-by-God-Virginia!


Postby Zenguru » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:35 pm

thefourthman wrote:What I have is definitely much milder then what my brother or my mom has. My brother spent a lot of time in wards being treated and my mom's is so bad that she under goes ECT about once every two months.

I've never actually wanted to harm myself and this is the first time I have wanted to harm others just for the hell of it. I am gonna see if I feel the same way tomorrow and then I will proceed.

I think may have just needed to vent a little, it has been one of those days where the stupid just seemed not to end. I feel better just talking about it. Calmer at least.

There have been other signs recently, I have been hard to wake in the morning and less productive at work. Money has been tight with gas and June is especially hard on my wallet with three birthdays in my immediate family and fathers day. It has probably been boiling up for a while and I was just to stressed to notice.
Do you not get a lot of sun? I'm wondering if you work all day in a building, not seeing much daylight. That could lead to Seasonal Affective Disorder. One thing that may help a bit is putting a full spectrum bulb in a lamp where you work. Or leaving it on while you sleep at night. My doctor suggested that, and being a night worker, it's worked out pretty well for me.

MoneyMelon
User avatar
Chief Yankee Wanker
 
Posts: 26406
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:02 pm
Title: Internet Celebrity


Postby MoneyMelon » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:36 pm

I like hot chicks
Image

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

GOSD
User avatar
Everybody lies!
 
Posts: 25291
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 244 posts
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Upstate NY
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom


Re: I think I hate people...

Postby GOSD » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:36 pm

thefourthman wrote:All of them really.
I find myself wanting to strangle them or wanting to punch their face into a bloody pulpy mess.

I think this is how Patrick Bateman started out.

I may need to seek help.
Welcome to my world.

I hate people too.

Ra's Al Ghul is my idol.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 27 guests

Advertisement