Advertisement

A Thought About Ghosts

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:01 pm

I believe that completely. Your 'soul' is pure energy and therefore eternal. If you've ever watched someone you know die, you will understand that what's left over is not what you loved. Hope that made sense and wasn't too gross.

The mummification process is also tied into this belief, and used to ensure the soul is able to continue it's 'work'. They had the most amazing concepts of life and death.

Advertisement

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:34 am

I don't believe in ghosts

Many have tried to convince me, but I remain skeptical.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:32 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I don't believe in ghosts

Many have tried to convince me, but I remain skeptical.
But ghosts believe in you! :smt103

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:31 pm

Zenguru wrote:But ghosts believe in you! :smt103

:shock:

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Severed Djed
Bastard #1

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Severed Djed » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:43 pm

MoneyMelon wrote::shock:

They're all from Russia.

kingbobb
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingbobb » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:21 am

nietoperz wrote:I think this is actually an amazing and good theory. After all, energy can't die or be destroyed, so what happens to ours when we die?

All your energy are belonging to me!

I think the world IS overrun with ghosts. Just most people aren't sensitive enough to feel them, let alone see them. And most ghosts aren't likewise capable of interacting with the physical world for them to be noticed by even the most sensitive.

Given the numerous stories of ghosts, and the similarities between them, the life going supernova concept makes as much sense as any I've heard. Most "recorded" ghosts seem to be very limited in their manifestation...not floating images you can interact with ala Harry Potter, but more like a singular essence of the person they were, distilled into just a few emotions. If a person at death experiences some great trauma, or has such a trauma stored up that gets released upon death, there could be some synaptic overload at physical expiration that leaves an imprint on the things around them...walls, a piece of jewelry, or a favorite comb, say. Until someone comes along and dissipates that energy, that area/item would be haunted by whatever essence is imprinted on it.

Another possibility is that ghosts are the evolutionary precoursers to humans becoming beings of thought and energy alone, without needing a physical vessel to contain them.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:11 pm

kingbobb wrote:All your energy are belonging to me!

I think the world IS overrun with ghosts. Just most people aren't sensitive enough to feel them, let alone see them. And most ghosts aren't likewise capable of interacting with the physical world for them to be noticed by even the most sensitive.

Given the numerous stories of ghosts, and the similarities between them, the life going supernova concept makes as much sense as any I've heard. Most "recorded" ghosts seem to be very limited in their manifestation...not floating images you can interact with ala Harry Potter, but more like a singular essence of the person they were, distilled into just a few emotions. If a person at death experiences some great trauma, or has such a trauma stored up that gets released upon death, there could be some synaptic overload at physical expiration that leaves an imprint on the things around them...walls, a piece of jewelry, or a favorite comb, say. Until someone comes along and dissipates that energy, that area/item would be haunted by whatever essence is imprinted on it.

Another possibility is that ghosts are the evolutionary precoursers to humans becoming beings of thought and energy alone, without needing a physical vessel to contain them.
Now THAT is another intriguing theory. :smt017

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum