Advertisement

A Thought About Ghosts

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 377 posts
Title: not here

A Thought About Ghosts

Postby john lewis hawk » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:44 pm

I like to think of myself as an open-minded skeptic/hope-ful when it comes to gohsts and paranormal. I do believe there's unexplainable things out there but I doubt it's Casper the Friendly Ghost.

Earlier I was at my friend's house for dinner and I looked up at the stars. I remembered hearing how a star many light years away can go supernova and we would still see what it looked like before it died. What if poltergeists and ghosts are the same thing? All living things are essentially energy so I'm thinking it's possible that a human is capable of leaving part of himself/herself behind as energy when they die.

Anyways, I bet someone has already created this theory...

Advertisement

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:47 pm

Ghost sightings as supernovas of someone's passing? Interesting theory.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:36 am

A very intriguing theory. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:38 am

That's an interesting theory Hawk. I would've never thought of it that way but I like your thinking.

Sgt.Marvel
rubber spoon

Title: Eastern Witty Boy

Postby Sgt.Marvel » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:43 am

Your ideas intrigue me, I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 230 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:49 am

I think this is actually an amazing and good theory. After all, energy can't die or be destroyed, so what happens to ours when we die?

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:09 am

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:18 am

nietoperz wrote:I think this is actually an amazing and good theory. After all, energy can't die or be destroyed, so what happens to ours when we die?

Exactly. The energy has to go somewhere.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 377 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:18 am

One thing I was also thinking about was a skeptic could argue that a body of a living thing does change into another form after death but that does not mean it would create a ghost otherwise there would be ghosts. However, my counter-argument would be that either some type of freak accident happens such as a storm being outside and "imprinting" the energies or that the person was able to create the ghost due to personal feelings that were able to tap into the power of creating ghosts using adneraline, testereone, estrogen, etc. much like a mother who is able to easily move a car to save her baby. Usually, the story is that the ghost is there because that person suffered a great tragedy when dying or was greatly attached to the place.

Also, a skeptic or believer can argue that my theory is flawed because ghosts and poltergeists do not always react to living things but the atmosphere may not be right for it or, if there is a reaction, the reaction can be like a foot stepping into a puddle of water with water splattering everywhere; a natural reaction that would happen all of the time if everything is perfect for it.

Woody
Motherfucker from Hell

Title: Woodrow if you're nasty

Postby Woody » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:03 pm

yeah- I've heard ghosts described as residual emotional energy

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 301 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:14 am

Indeed, I also have heard of them as basically psychic energy echoes, which in a way would fit with this theory...

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

Dooz

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby Dooz » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:42 am

MoneyMelon wrote:Image

the "picture of posters" thread is over at the rama, melon.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 156 posts

Postby misac » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:34 am

There's another thougth about ghosts. Remember that Pepsi commercial with Casper? He phased through the refrigerator and grabbed a Pepsi but couldn't phase out the can. Why didn't he just open the door? What does he want with a Pepsi? He's a ghost. Sorry, that commercial always bothered me.

If that were the case with ghosts, wouldn't we be overrun by them? With all the people that have died over the millions of years ghosts should be all over the place. Would that mean that animals could have ghosts too?

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:39 pm

misac wrote:There's another thougth about ghosts. Remember that Pepsi commercial with Casper? He phased through the refrigerator and grabbed a Pepsi but couldn't phase out the can. Why didn't he just open the door? What does he want with a Pepsi? He's a ghost. Sorry, that commercial always bothered me.

If that were the case with ghosts, wouldn't we be overrun by them? With all the people that have died over the millions of years ghosts should be all over the place. Would that mean that animals could have ghosts too?
There's probably more ghosts than we know, but it depends how sensitive you are. I think some people can see only a few, some not at all, and a select group see them all the time.

To date, I haven't seen any. But I think I may have heard a couple.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 156 posts

Postby misac » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:20 pm

Zenguru wrote:There's probably more ghosts than we know, but it depends how sensitive you are. I think some people can see only a few, some not at all, and a select group see them all the time.

To date, I haven't seen any. But I think I may have heard a couple.

Will if that's the case I'm glad I can't see them. :-D

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum