Friday, December 9, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Who invited Spektre?"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

today I built a 3d chair leg... render inside:

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

AntiLogic

Factor 8

Postby AntiLogic » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:17 pm

It's just a simple 3d chair leg... but I think it turned out pretty photoreal for a render straight outta Maya...

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:21 pm

Looks pretty real to me.

blagblag

Designer Interactive

Postby blagblag » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:04 am

That's pretty rad. What'd you make it for? for fun?

AntiLogic

Factor 8

Postby AntiLogic » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:13 am

dick buff wrote:That's pretty rad. What'd you make it for? for fun?

Thanks. I rarely get to do anything for fun nowadays.... this is the leg chair that Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson will be swinging through the twins that can dematerialize in Return to Witch Mountain.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:07 am

Cool.

Alcoholic_Spider

Factor 8

Postby Alcoholic_Spider » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:45 am

pedi wrote:

Thanks. I rarely get to do anything for fun nowadays.... this is the leg chair that Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson will be swinging through the twins that can dematerialize in Return to Witch Mountain.

Are you working on the set? And have you gotten a chance to meet him?

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:37 am

The most electrifying man in sports entertainment?

AntiLogic

Factor 8

Postby AntiLogic » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:08 pm

J.Hunter wrote:Are you working on the set? And have you gotten a chance to meet him?

Nope.... just sitting in front of a computer 24/7... :'(

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:28 pm

pedi wrote:
J.Hunter wrote:Are you working on the set? And have you gotten a chance to meet him?

Nope.... just sitting in front of a computer 24/7... :'(

Do you ever get set passes and such for the movies you work on?

AntiLogic

Factor 8

Postby AntiLogic » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:48 pm

jsalwen wrote:Do you ever get set passes and such for the movies you work on?

Sure, every now and again... last week I was offered to go check out the practical spaceship they built at the Disney set, for reference on the 3d one I was building... but I had enough pics for ref, so I didn't need to go...

I also get invites to digital screenings of the movies with the cast and crew.... but, I rarely go to those.... I'm not much of a social event kinda guy.

I was invited to the Apocalypto screening and Mel Gibson was there giving a lecture and Q&A.... but I didn't bother going to that either :)

But access and bumping into celebs while living here in hollywood is a fairly common thing. No biggie.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:35 pm

Yeah, I would think that living in La-la land would make it seem pretty common.

I'm not a starstruck guy myself. The guys I would like to meet are the more creative types. James Cameron, David Fincher, guys like that rather than Brad Pitt or Jessica Alba.

Jenj

Factor 8

Postby Jenj » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:56 pm

pedi wrote:It's just a simple 3d chair leg... but I think it turned out pretty photoreal for a render straight outta Maya...

Oh god now you're on here bragging about your table leg ::) I see you didn't put up the other shot with the bad lighting :P Great leg honey keep up the good work :-* :D

Jenj

Factor 8

Postby Jenj » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:00 am

J.Hunter wrote:
pedi wrote:

Are you working on the set? And have you gotten a chance to meet him?

I met him many years ago, he's from the same town as me in Pa. Nice guy from what I remember.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:14 am

I know he's doing movies, but he seems like he's completely disappeared for a while.

What was his last film?

AntiLogic

Factor 8

Postby AntiLogic » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:14 am

Jenj wrote:Oh god now you're on here bragging about your table leg ::) I see you didn't put up the other shot with the bad lighting :P Great leg honey keep up the good work :-* :D

That's not a table leg, wise-ass ::), that's a chair leg.... it even says it in the topic subject..... :P

leave a comment with facebook