Advertisement

I'm too excited to work anymore....

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

daitong
penile prisoner

Liked in: 0 post

Re: I'm too excited to work anymore....

Postby daitong » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:13 am

milton73 wrote:What happened at Boner-roo???

No Kanye, but Ace Frehley and CJ Ramone showed up

Actually, Kanye went on 2 hours late (at 4:25 AM :shock: ) and the crowd was angry. There were "Kanye Sucks" and "Fuck Kanye" signs EVERYWHERE and they threw beer bottles. He wrote a very angry response on his blog. He also blamed Pearl Jam, in a round about way.

His ego is going to create a new Big Bang, but He'll survive it like Galactus and become a world eating entity. All in American Apparel, dunks, and some huge Gazelles.

Advertisement

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:16 am

Pearl Jam doesn't care about black people.

The Juan Percenter
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby The Juan Percenter » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:23 am

Aaron_W wrote:Sweet. I used to be in Ten Club to get primo seats but they haven't come through St. Louis since the Riot Act tour, they skipped us on the last tour. Fucking awesome live band, always mixing the sets up, jamming, all kinds of great shit.

They played for close to 3 hours each night at the Garden. They sounded great. They are probably the most fan-friendly band touring right now.

AaronW
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby AaronW » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:27 am

milton73 wrote:They played for close to 3 hours each night at the Garden. They sounded great. They are probably the most fan-friendly band touring right now.

Yep. They sound so great live for the most part I just listen to my bootlegs. Damn I want to see them again. Thought about going to Bonaroo but it wasn't worth it for the cost.

The Juan Percenter
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby The Juan Percenter » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:30 am

C20Percent wrote:Pearl Jam doesn't care about black people.

They used a black backup singer named Fonzie for four songs last night :D

The Juan Percenter
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby The Juan Percenter » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:41 am

Aaron_W wrote:Yep. They sound so great live for the most part I just listen to my bootlegs. Damn I want to see them again. Thought about going to Bonaroo but it wasn't worth it for the cost.

I saw STP last month and it was a totally different experience. Weiland showed up 1 hour late, stoned out of his gourd, and put on a mediocre show - flubbed lines, missed spots, etc. PJ bring it every night.

AaronW
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby AaronW » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:45 am

milton73 wrote:I saw STP last month and it was a totally different experience. Weiland showed up 1 hour late, stoned out of his gourd, and put on a mediocre show - flubbed lines, missed spots, etc. PJ bring it every night.

Yeah I saw STP in 94 and they didn't hold a candle to PJ. They are so natural live and so free flowing that even when Eddie flubs a lyric or something it still feels right. Some bands are made for the studio and some are made for the concert stage, PJ is definitely made to play live.

GratefulFred
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:05 pm

milton73 wrote:What happened at Boner-roo???

Kanye got booed and the next day many people were critical of him and his performance.

GratefulFred
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:13 pm

daitong wrote:Actually, Kanye went on 2 hours late (at 4:25 AM :shock: ) and the crowd was angry. There were "Kanye Sucks" and "Fuck Kanye" signs EVERYWHERE and they threw beer bottles. He wrote a very angry response on his blog. He also blamed Pearl Jam, in a round about way.

His ego is going to create a new Big Bang, but He'll survive it like Galactus and become a world eating entity. All in American Apparel, dunks, and some huge Gazelles.

The signs weren't really signs, the phrases "Kanye sucks", "Fuck Kanye", and "Jay-Z would have been on time" were spray-painted on the wooden fencing around the stage areas and people would randomly start the chant of "Kanye sucks!" all day Sunday.
His show was so m-fing lame. He stuck to his script the entire show, which revolved around him talking to a female-voiced spaceship after crashing. Some gems from the dialog:
"Where are we?"
"Unknown"
'What happened?"
"Unknown"
"What are we gonna do?"
"Unknown"

"I need some pussy!"
"Perhaps I can be of some assistance."
"But you're just a stupid robot!"

The show was supposed to be glow-in-the-dark but the sun was coming up by the time he went on. He's blaming Bonnaroo staff and Pearl Jam but according to MTV.Com, Kanye West was in Atlanta that night for a radio station's birthday bash and didn't arrive in Manchester, TN until 4:00am.

I used to like Kanye but now he can masticate on my nuts like the fake-ass bitch he is. You're not hood, gangsta, or tough if your mom was an English professor.

Crump
Hater

Postby Crump » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:26 pm

milton73 wrote::shock:

They played 30 songs last night. Between this concert and STP last month, it's like I'm back in college again. Where's my flannel shirt and Doc Marten's???

PJ themselves played 30 songs? :shock: Wow. Wish the bands I liked would do that.

The Juan Percenter
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby The Juan Percenter » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:28 pm

Crump wrote:PJ themselves played 30 songs? :shock: Wow. Wish the bands I liked would do that.

Yeah, Eddie's got some good stamina for a 45 year old guy :D

GratefulFred
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:38 pm

milton73 wrote:Yeah, Eddie's got some good stamina for a 45 year old guy :D

PJ played the longest show ever by a headliner at Bonnaroo. 8)

AaronW
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby AaronW » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:22 pm

They usually play between 24-30 songs. A great live band.

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:05 pm

Crump wrote:PJ themselves played 30 songs? :shock: Wow. Wish the bands I liked would do that.

Pfft...back in the day Guided by Voices could play a hundred songs in a set.

Of course, most of their songs come in under two minutes.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:26 pm

I saw Pearl Jam at a small club called Peabody's Down Under right before Ten hit it big. Awesome show even back then.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum