1. Cowboys trade Herschel Walker and 4 draft picks to Vikings for 5 players and 8 draft picks -- Seriously, this really happened, back in 1989. You can read about the particulars here.
2. Falcons trade Brett Favre to Packers for a first round pick -- Of course, the Falcons had no need for Favre, what with Chris Miller dominating the NFL at the time. With the first round pick they received as compensation, Atlanta selected RB Tony Smith, who didn't do much at all. Meanwhile, who'd have thought 15 years later that Favre would still arguably be worth a first-round draft pick in a trade?
3. Mavericks trade Robert "Tractor" Traylor to Milwaukee for Dirk Nowitzki -- This was actually a swap of several draft picks, so the two teams selected for each other. But still, must be haunting for Bucks fans to know that for a few brief moments, they actually had the future MVP instead of a guy called "Tractor."
4. Red Sox trade Jeff Bagwell for Larry Andersen -- As the postseason approached, the Sox wanted to add an arm (and a guy who loved to make quip cute to the press) to their bullpen. Unfortunately, Boston traded away Bagwell, who promptly became one of the best in the game. Andersen left for the Padres soon after.
5. Hawks trade Dominique Wilkins to the Clippers for Danny Manning -- In first place at the time, the Hawks moved their greatest player in franchise history for Manning. They promptly lost in the first round of the Playoffs then failed to re-sign Manning.
What are your worst trades of all time? Let us know below…