Tuesday, August 21, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Tom Brennan's worst nightmare."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Tron

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:00 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Thanks. I bought them but haven't read them yet.

I also wish the art evoked Tron a bit more. It seemed kind of muddy vs. a clean and neon-like look that I expected.

That was the colorist's fault. What was your take on Matsuda's work?

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:21 pm

Just saw the movie. I loved it for the most part. I so will be seeing it again.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Only thing I didn't like was the lack of a final fight between Clu and Sam. I kinda was hoping there was some sort of disc fight between the two, but was all that's it? I understand only Flynn himself could beat/destroy Clu, still I hungered for some more fighting at that end.

My favorite part was just the shot of Clu's flagship. Goddamn it reminded me of Sark's and how much the effect team just utterly improved on it. I really hope if this ever gets a sequel the designer for Enicon aka Sam's "rival" Dillinger gets to be the baddie. Cause come on, I know that was Warner's character name. So.. SON? Which could mean Sark 2.0. :-D

Though my question would be, is there any possible way Tron survived Flynn nuking the Grid? Is that what the animated series will be about? The copy Sam made?

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:07 am

The director of Tron: Legacy talks about the future of the franchise:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2 ... es-future/

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:33 am

GLX wrote:
That was the colorist's fault. What was your take on Matsuda's work?

Passable, but in general not clean enough for the material. My opinion.

Evan Meadow

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Evan Meadow » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:09 am

Zechs wrote:Just saw the movie. I loved it for the most part. I so will be seeing it again.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Only thing I didn't like was the lack of a final fight between Clu and Sam. I kinda was hoping there was some sort of disc fight between the two, but was all that's it? I understand only Flynn himself could beat/destroy Clu, still I hungered for some more fighting at that end.

My favorite part was just the shot of Clu's flagship. Goddamn it reminded me of Sark's and how much the effect team just utterly improved on it. I really hope if this ever gets a sequel the designer for Enicon aka Sam's "rival" Dillinger gets to be the baddie. Cause come on, I know that was Warner's character name. So.. SON? Which could mean Sark 2.0. :-D

Though my question would be, is there any possible way Tron survived Flynn nuking the Grid? Is that what the animated series will be about? The copy Sam made?

The animated series its been said deals with stories between when Flynn creates the grid and the movie.

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:42 am

Just got back from the movie, it was AWESOME! Loved it, buying all the toys forever.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:23 am

Thunderstorm wrote:Just got back from the movie, it was AWESOME! Loved it, buying all the toys forever.

Um you may want to wait on that. The die cast vehicles rule. However be weary of the action figures based on the movie. The plastic and paint job is cheap, they're overprice ($7.99 to 9.99 for the small scale figures), and well break easily. That said I'm still buying a figure during the Post Christmas sale Target has.

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:38 am

Zechs wrote:
Um you may want to wait on that. The die cast vehicles rule. However be weary of the action figures based on the movie. The plastic and paint job is cheap, they're overprice ($7.99 to 9.99 for the small scale figures), and well break easily. That said I'm still buying a figure during the Post Christmas sale Target has.

I already have a diecast Recognizer and Lightcycle and they are nice.

Evan Meadow

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Evan Meadow » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:14 pm

AICN just did a brief update on the upcoming animated series.

They've confirmed it takes place between the 2 movies, in fact right after Clu takes over the Grid. They'll say Flynn's been taken to a place for safe keeping as to why he's not seen but Boxlietner will be voicing Tron in the cartoon.

But the main character will be played by Elijah Wood as an original program starting a revolution against Clu.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:36 am

111 million dollars in 10 days.

http://www.gamerlive.tv/article/disneys ... st-10-days

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:34 pm

Khonshu Ra

Postby Khonshu Ra » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:39 pm

Saw this a couple days ago and totally dug it. 8)

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:46 pm

I think this is the first movie in awhile that I want to watch multiple times in the theater. I'll probably go see it a third time next week.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:45 am

Zechs wrote:I think this is the first movie in awhile that I want to watch multiple times in the theater. I'll probably go see it a third time next week.

My dad wants to see it a second time. I'll likely join him if he gets some tickets.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:52 pm

http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1143939p1.html

Tron 3 Too?
Legacy might be the start of a new franchise after all.
January 13, 2011
by Scott Collura

Do you want a Tron: Legacy sequel? Do you care?

In what amounts to a very thin piece from Harry Knowles at AICN, the ultimate Internet fanboy says that he has received word that a third film in the Tron series is "incredibly close to" being announced.

Legacy's lukewarm critical reception and not-exactly-stellar box office notwithstanding, a sequel isn't out of the question -- and, of course, was Disney's ultimate plan when they decided to revisit the 30-year-old series. Franchise, baby, franchise!

Knowles points out that the film is on the verge of hitting $300 million worldwide, but really, is that enough to justify a third film? The production budget on Legacy was reportedly $170 million (and that of course doesn't include marketing and prints and all that jazz), and despite AICN's assertion to the contrary, those light cycle toys and Jeff Bridges action figures haven't exactly been flying off shelves.

Maybe it's all a bid to build buzz for the Blu-ray release of Legacy and the long-MIA original film. Or maybe Knowles knows what he's talking about. Doesn't mean it's a good idea, though.

leave a comment with facebook