Tuesday, May 22, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Your boob-window into the world of comics."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Tron

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:24 pm

how obnoxiously biased. everyone i know loved the movie. I like that since IGN doesn't, no one does apparently.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:37 pm

This movie was exactly what I wanted it to be.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:37 pm

GHERU wrote:This movie was exactly what I wanted it to be.

Same here.

Its a sequel to Tron, I wasn't expecting any sort of Oscar winning film.

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:01 pm

I finally saw Tron: Legacy today (I've never seen the original actually) with my bro. I thought it was pretty damn good.

The young Jeff Bridges didn't look quite right, but they did a decent enough job. I really liked the music in it too.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:28 pm

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/114/1147917p1.html

Tron Blu-ray Meets Original DVD
Both films coming home soon?
February 4, 2011
by David McCutcheon

One of the winter season's most anticipated movies, Tron: Legacy, is finally making the big leap to DVD and Blu-ray from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment. The original film has been incredibly hard to find for a great majority of Americans, with prices on eBay and Amazon going through the roof in preparation for and after the big release of the sequel. But word on the street is that it will be packaged together with the sequel when it comes out this April.

The lovable scamps at DigitalBits have the first break on this one, citing that there will obviously be hearty plans for both the Tron: Legacy and Tron: The Original Classic double pack, complete with a prop identity disc that glows bright blue, as seen in the film. The street date hasn't been officially announced, but the according to the site, we can expect it on April 5th in the U.S. and April 11 in the U.K.

If you are into the three-dimensional home-entertainment scene and you're lucky enough to have the change to throw down on a 3D HDTV, there is a Blu-ray 3D version in the works. If you have no interest in the original Tron, you can simply go for the gusto with a Blu-ray edition of Tron: Legacy for the MSRP of $39.99, and the same can be had on just DVD for $29.99. The gigantic collector's package with the above prop will run for $99.99. That spiffy two-movie collection on Blu-ray will run for $79.99 – and note that no mention was made for a DVD-only edition of the original Tron, so DVD lovers may be stuck searching for out-of-print editions.

Check out the box art below:

We will have more on these titles once Disney officially announces them. Stay tuned to IGN DVD for more information about this and other upcoming releases!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:55 pm

I had to get the movies seperately instead of that nice funky collective piece or the double dip collection. By the time I got to Best Buy they where sold out of both. I figured I should've just went to Fry's, but meh it isn't worth the thirty minute drive due to the current gas situation. Plus I had $10 off. So I had to blow it on something.

Looking through the special features they made the extra sides interesting. The Dillinger family chat was exactly the one I posted a week or two ago. Still haven't found the supposed Quorra one. Most of them are on Flynn lives with only two featuring Sam (the one we saw from earlier and him crashing Space Paranoids 2's party shown in the doc from the former).

Accessing them is pretty simple. Watch Flynn Lives then you're given a high score screen. Type in whatever of the initials (aka chapters) of the extra sides. However the highest score won't unlock which is curious.

The Juan Percenter

Rain Partier

Postby The Juan Percenter » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:01 am

Zechs wrote:I had to get the movies seperately instead of that nice funky collective piece or the double dip collection. By the time I got to Best Buy they where sold out of both. I figured I should've just went to Fry's, but meh it isn't worth the thirty minute drive due to the current gas situation. Plus I had $10 off. So I had to blow it on something.

I had the 5 Disc set on pre-order from Amazon for $44. Then I saw that you could get the Legacy 3D and Tron separately from Target for $31 after $13 in coupons. I canceled the Amazon order and picked the separates up. The Disc edition is supposedly a real POS from what I've seen on IGN.

CountD

Undead Member

Postby CountD » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:17 am

GHERU wrote:This movie was exactly what I wanted it to be.

a waste of about 2 hours? :P

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:55 am

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:56 am

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:56 am

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:57 am

http://digfunny.com/funny-jokes/playboy ... -12152010/

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:26 am

w axl royce wrote:
I had the 5 Disc set on pre-order from Amazon for $44. Then I saw that you could get the Legacy 3D and Tron separately from Target for $31 after $13 in coupons. I canceled the Amazon order and picked the separates up. The Disc edition is supposedly a real POS from what I've seen on IGN.

I figured but it looked cool.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:45 pm

Has anyone purchased the Tron: Legacy remix album?

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:01 pm

Tron papercrafts!

Flynn's lightcycle:
http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disney-printables/article-960521-kevin-flynns-light-cycle-t/

Sam's lightcycle
http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disney-printables/article-917791-tron-3d-light-cycle-t/

Clu's lightcycle:
http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disney-printables/article-960522-clus-light-cycle-t/

Recognizer
http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disney-printables/article-917792-tron-3d-recognizer-t/

leave a comment with facebook