Advertisement

True Blood Renewed for Sixth Season

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 760 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: True Blood Renewed for Sixth Season

Postby Grayson » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:45 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:The last scene (with Eric) was the best moment of this episode.

Eric is consistently one of the best parts of the show. Unfortunately, even though Alexander Skarsgård gave one of his best performances to date it wasn't enough to save the rest of the episode for me.

I was glad when the show almost immediately began to backpedal on the whole Jason Stackhouse randomly violently hates vampires again storyline that was started at the end of last season, especially when it looked like they were going to go back to the Jason/Jessica romance. Then, we get that shoehorned crap they tried to spoon feed us last night and I've got to tell you that I'm strongly considering cutting all ties with this show. Jessica feels like she is evil and needs to pay for what she did to Andy's daughters. Ok, I get it. She doesn't want to leave Camp because of how horrible she feels. That's fine, we knew there was going to be some type of struggle because Jason was never going to be able to just walk in to the Camp and rescue her without some type of problem. But Jessica asking Jason to go get the male vampire so that she could have sex with him, while Jason was standing right outside of the room, because she wanted to feel "humanity" was just plain ludicrous. Not only is it ludicrous but it kinda insults me as a viewer. I am invested in Jason and Jessica's relationship. It has been built over the course of several episodes and it has been earned by both characters. This whole thing with the male vampire felt rushed and unnecessarily cruel to the viewers AND few remaining sympathetic characters on the show. There was just so much wrong with those parts of the episode that it blows almost every Sookie dumb decision out of the water. :smt011

Apparently Alcide is finally coming off of the V that he ingested last season to become the packmaster, because this might have been the first episode that we have seen this season where he wasn't a complete asshole to everybody around him. I'm sure that he is going to be in a lot of trouble in the next few episodes but his storyline has given me so much werewolf fatigue that I just wish it was over. Since he has been such a complete asshole all season long, it's really hard for me to care about the fact that his entire world is probably about to come crashing down around him.

I will say that I did enjoy the novelty of seeing Bill arrive during the daytime to give Arlene his condolences, finally acknowledge the fact that 3 of Andy's daughters were killed in his house, and make a request of Sookie. Seeing everybody completely speechless because a known vampire is just strolling around in the daylight was great and as always, Lafayette's reaction was priceless. Even though his arc is infinitely better than it was last season, I'm still not ready to completely forgive Bill. After all, he does still have a man locked up in his dungeon and although he is trying to be somewhat altruistic, he is still being a huge dick about it.
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 456 posts

Postby HNutz » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:17 pm

So I'm catching up...

Terry was killed because he was glamoured and forgot that he put a hit out on himself.

Sookie (after banging Warlow... for some reason) senses Arlene crying in the cemetary and assumes that it's her husband. She's lying next to a tombstone and crying. Is it Terry's? Or just a random one?

If it's Terry's.... man, that's fast! Grass has grown over it but the kids don't know yet and Sam just found out? If it's a random one... that's odd, too. As the show goes on, I guess it was just a random gravesite...

I like how Bill took down the governor's guards.

It felt odd, that chick just deciding to bang Sam. It's like the powers that be just realized they needed to add a couple of sex scenes and just shoehorned them in whereever they could...

I liked the governor as a villain. Wasn't expecting him to go out like that... or so soon. Want to see how they "cover for him".

"Hey Jason, thanks for pulling strings and sneaking me in to see this dude... but now I'm going to ask you to wait outside so we can have noisy sex" - Jessica Say what?!?

I'M NOT a Tara fan, but I like her this season. I've heard a theory that she was brain damaged when she was killed, which made her less bitchy. I'm okay with that.

I like that we're getting more Layfayette this season.

Sookie is somehow able to travel to the fairy land on her own... but asks Warlow for help later on?

Oh, bleeding and in the women's gen pop is a BAD place for Jason (but he'll be okay).

Heh... the shrink wants inside Pam. Inside her head, I mean. ;)

Gee... looks like Eric's been in this situation with his sister before. :(

And I think Eric's going to kick some ass next week.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:44 pm

HNutz wrote:So I'm catching up...

Terry was killed because he was glamoured and forgot that he put a hit out on himself.

Sookie (after banging Warlow... for some reason) senses Arlene crying in the cemetary and assumes that it's her husband. She's lying next to a tombstone and crying. Is it Terry's? Or just a random one?

If it's Terry's.... man, that's fast! Grass has grown over it but the kids don't know yet and Sam just found out? If it's a random one... that's odd, too. As the show goes on, I guess it was just a random gravesite...

The whole storyline with Terry was bad. I have always really liked Terry and although I really hated the Ifrit story from last season, I didn't want anything bad to happen to one of the show's few remaining unsupernatural characters. I think it's pretty shitty that Arlene basically brain-raped him and then he died. Unfortunately, I doubt that there will be any repercussions for the brain-rape but doing things with no consequences has become a serious trend for this show.

I like how Bill took down the governor's guards.

Like I said, it's hard to continue hating Billith when he continues to do impressive shit like that. :|

It felt odd, that chick just deciding to bang Sam. It's like the powers that be just realized they needed to add a couple of sex scenes and just shoehorned them in whereever they could...

Holy crap, I completely blocked that out! How did Sam go from being absolutely in love with Luna, to watching her die in his arms, to shacking up with this other girl in a matter or days?! Come to think of it, didn't they have sex while Luna's daughter was alone in the adjacent room? :smt102

"Hey Jason, thanks for pulling strings and sneaking me in to see this dude... but now I'm going to ask you to wait outside so we can have noisy sex" - Jessica Say what?!?

Glad that I am not the only one who was bothered by that. I hate to say it but I kinda hope that Jessica gets what she wants and meets the true death now. I don't really see a way back for her after all this.

I'M NOT a Tara fan, but I like her this season. I've heard a theory that she was brain damaged when she was killed, which made her less bitchy. I'm okay with that.

She is infinitely better now than she has been since basically the first season.

I like that we're getting more Layfayette this season.

Always a bonus. Just wish they would drop the whole "medium" angle.

Sookie is somehow able to travel to the fairy land on her own... but asks Warlow for help later on?

You weren't supposed to notice that because it's Sookie. You're never supposed to question Sookie...but yeah, I noticed that too. Seriously, what?! I hope Warlow is starting to notice the real Sookie Stackhouse. :P

Oh, bleeding and in the women's gen pop is a BAD place for Jason (but he'll be okay).

I suspect that one random, tough, female prison vampire is going to assert her claim over Jason but I'm not really interested in seeing that play out.

And I think Eric's going to kick some ass next week.

It's about time! :smt026
ImageImageImage

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 354 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:12 pm

i was a little disappointed in this episode. was hoping someone important would die, but no it really wasn't... all it does is push Eric forward.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Grayson wrote:
Glad that I am not the only one who was bothered by that. I hate to say it but I kinda hope that Jessica gets what she wants and meets the true death now. I don't really see a way back for her after all this.

My gf thinks Jessica's going to come down with Hep V. Specifically from the dude that she was banging. She told him about the tainted True Blood after he had a chance to feed, IIRC. Also, they made a point of mentioning all the ways it could be transferred, including sexually (vaginally AND anally).

First Hoyt last season... then the most recent death... yeah, I don't like how the town's looking these days.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 354 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:28 pm

HNutz wrote:
My gf thinks Jessica's going to come down with Hep V. Specifically from the dude that she was banging. She told him about the tainted True Blood after he had a chance to feed, IIRC. Also, they made a point of mentioning all the ways it could be transferred, including sexually (vaginally AND anally).

First Hoyt last season... then the most recent death... yeah, I don't like how the town's looking these days.

Hoyt can come back though...

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:45 pm

HNutz wrote:My gf thinks Jessica's going to come down with Hep V. Specifically from the dude that she was banging. She told him about the tainted True Blood after he had a chance to feed, IIRC. Also, they made a point of mentioning all the ways it could be transferred, including sexually (vaginally AND anally).

Makes sense. I know it's terrible to say but after this episode it would be extremely difficult to feel bad for her.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too surprised if Billith goes the Colossus route by the season finale and "dies" to cure Hep V. It would be a convenient way to burn out his Billith powers.
ImageImageImage

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:18 am

Grayson wrote:
Makes sense. I know it's terrible to say but after this episode it would be extremely difficult to feel bad for her.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too surprised if Billith goes the Colossus route by the season finale and "dies" to cure Hep V. It would be a convenient way to burn out his Billith powers.

I could see Bill burning out his Lillith powers to get rid of the Hep V but still surviving. And then (much like the Superior Spider-Man when Peter returns), Bill will have to deal with the "Billith" (heh, I like that term) aftermath. It could be an interesting setup for next season, but, with such a long gap between seasons, I doubt they'd pick up that plot point and run with it.

e_galston wrote:The best thing they could do for the show (which means they won't) is get rid of Sookie..

The closest they ever came (and, IMO, the closest they'll get) is when Sookie took a trip to fairy land for a few hours at the beginning of season 4. When she got back, she learns that she experienced a Time Skip and that, while she was only gone for a little while, 18 months or so have passed for everyone else.

So, even if she DID die/disappear again, someone would probably remember this and act accordingly.

You know what would be cool? Seeing some episodes set during the time while Sookie (and Tara, actually) were gone. A lot of crazy stuff happened in a relatively short time while she was there, but it's quiet for 18 or so months? Please. We could see Layfayette kick some ass, Jason doing his thing on the force, etc..

Wait... Sookie took Warlow to Fairie land to get away from Billith's power over him. Warlow can tell when it's getting dark and has Sookie tie him up, so he doesn't hurt her. Sookie tells him that she "might be a 'danger whore' but she's not stupid" and then gets nekkid and stupidly bangs him. Apparently, when they do it, light comes from their genitals. :shock: :roll: Later, she has to go because she can sense her friend crying in the cemetary and assumes it's about her husband. She also asks for help getting back (when she brought him there originally), but that's another conversation in itself.

So...
if Sookie can sense when one of her friends is crying in a cemetary and has to return, why can't she sense when several of her friends and family are crying in a cemetary because they're at her funeral?!?

Has she gotten that much more proficient with her powers? Doubtful.
Has that much time passed? Not really. (Remember, the first 3 seasons didn't take up that much time. Arlene got knocked up by someone who died in season 1 and she hadn't had the kids yet by season 3)
Are the writers forgetting things and making up the rules as they go along? I could see that happening.

Why do I say that? Well... what's up with the time passing differently in Fairie? She's there for awhile in season 4 and folks think she's dead because she was missing for 18 months. Now, she takes Warlow there for the afternoon and is able to make it back right away. :smt102

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:45 pm

Wow that was another rough episode but some of the story lines did start showing promise.

Billith may have had the best moment of the night when he finally told Sookie that her and her problems aren't really worth his time. Come to think of it, Bill's daylight scenes generally make up for all the Billith junk that we have been stuck with for far too long now.

Speaking of Sookie, I can't help but feel like this episode really was a commentary about her character in general. For most of the episode, she just wanders around aimlessly going from one guy to the next. Hell, I felt bad for Sam when she interrupted his conversation with Nicole and her mother, and gave him the speech about thinking that they would always end up together. I was just as confused as Sam was when Sookie offered to use the last of her fairy powers to become "normal" so that they could be together. It just felt like it came out of nowhere.

Honestly, I really hope that Alcide's storyline is done for the season and that all of the werewolf pack nonsense if finished. It really sucks that we spent all season dealing with Alcide being a prick, only for him to beat up 3 women, and then decide that he doesn't want to be a pack master anymore since we have known that he doesn't want to be a packmaster since the first time that we met him back in season 3! ARGH! Oh well, like I said I really hope that all this pack stuff is over with.

I really hate to keep going back to the Jessica/James story but I don't know what the writers are thinking here. Nothing that they are doing is making either character or their romance more endearing. If anything it's doing the exact opposite. I'm completely baffled by the fact that Jessica didn't do more to help Jason. Wouldn't a simple "Jason Stackhouse is mine" have sufficed? I'm a bit rusty on the ever-changing True Blood vampire rules but I thought even an older vampire had to respect another vampire's claim to a human.
ImageImageImage

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 293 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:12 pm

I got the feeling that (somehow) James takes Eric's place in the burning-room vision. I'm guessing that Eric is now the one who gives his blood, now that he drank Warlow's, to save everyone. Although whether that includes James may depend on his viewer popularity :P
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:26 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I got the feeling that (somehow) James takes Eric's place in the burning-room vision. I'm guessing that Eric is now the one who gives his blood, now that he drank Warlow's, to save everyone.

I am counting on whatever Eric does in the next 2 weeks to be the best thing that has happened on this show for this entire season.

Although whether that includes James may depend on his viewer popularity :P

Then I can't imagine he'll be around much longer. Like I said, there's nothing particularly endearing about James and the whole situation with Jessica can't be making him any fans... :smt102
ImageImageImage

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:57 pm

The gf's mom says something stupid happened in last night's episode.

About to watch it now.

Any idea what she may have been referring to?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:57 pm

HNutz wrote:The gf's mom says something stupid happened in last night's episode.

About to watch it now.

Any idea what she may have been referring to?

So many things my friend, so many things... :smt011
ImageImageImage

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Grayson wrote:
So many things my friend, so many things... :smt011

Alceide beat the fuck out of the girl that challenged him as pack leader but didn't kill her.

Alpha vampire bitch claimed Jason as hers... forever.
Sookie made her way back to Fairie land and gives Warlow blood. Then she asks Warlow for a favor. He says okay but he wants her to be his... forever. He's been loving her for 6,000 years and is ready to start eternity with her. She leaves (to think about it) and Eric somehow makes it dark in Fairie land...

Jessica is snuggling with random vampire dude who asks about Jason. Then they get caught and taken back to gen pop. Jessica runs into post coitial Pam, also on her way back to gen pop.

Alceide returned the girl Sam banged and her mom to Sam. Guess he's through with the pack. Sam offers him a beer. Mom's kinda bitchy to Sam, so he offers his bed & sofa to them.(He didn't even do anything, IIRC). San sniffs her as they kiss.

Newlin talks with Jessica's fuckbuddy, who tells him "Don't drink the blood."

Sookie takes a shower and sees creepy Warlow from earlier.

Alceide & Sam are drinking alone in the bar, catching up and just shooting the shit. Alceide "caught Sam's scent" on the girl & Sam agreed. I guess that means she's knocked up.

Jason asks the alpha vamp not to rape him. She gets offended and tells them that WHEN they fuck, he'll have to beg & woo her and he'll still have to work for it.

Layfayette made breakfast for everyone else & told them about Terry's 4 day old, $2,000,000 life insurance policy. Arlene thought a confession and got mad at the 2 week old kid for eavesdropping.

Warlow offered to help Sookie but he wants her to marry him and become a vampire bride. Bill didn't really give two shits, he just wants to save his friends.

Newlin was "tortured" (not really) and told them that James, Jessica's fuck buddy, told them about the tainted True Blood. They put Newlin & James in the big room and he's crying and apologized.

That mom's still being a bitch to Sam (calling him "silver fox") and Sam catches up with Sookie. Sookie makes a light ball and tells Sam that this can kill vampires and, if she doesn't reabsorb it, she's no longer special. Sookie says she always wanted to settle down with Sam. Sam calls her out on her HORRIBLE timing (since she's always known) and tells her that the girl's pregnant but don't say anything about it, since the girl doesn't know.

Arlene is sitting in on funeral arrangements and loses her shit when the family wants a 21 gun salute because Terry was killed with a gun. Arlene wants Andy to go after the assassin and he says he will if she wants but he doesn't want to. She then tells them what she wants for the funeral.

Sookie goes to her parents gravesites and talks to them. Her happy memories are gone because she thinks they tried to have her killed To keep her away from vampires. She'd "rather walk the Earth as a corpse than spend another minute thinking about you (the parents) one more minute."

Sarah Newlin is trying to cover her ass and pull the whole "women sticking together" thing on the lady in charge of the True Blood. There's a lame ass fight between the two which ends with her falling on a grate, Sarah bashing her head in and drawing blood, a vamp sucks her blood from underneath and Sarah sticks a high heel through her head. Oh, and they threw in a superspeed vampire gay sex scene, too.

Sookie leaves Jason a message saying "Hey, have you heard about Terry? He's dead and the funeral is tomorrow. Oh, and have you seen or heard from Niall?"

Some guys picked up Andy's 2 week old daughter. Eric interrupts them, takes the memory of one of them getting her shirt off ("sorry to take that one from you") and makes them forget about her.

They're putting vamps in a big room and Jessica realizes they're "all going to meet the sun in here."

Andy finds his two week old daughter running down the street and comforts her.

Sookie dresses weird, takes Bill to Fairie land, but they find Warlow drained (dead?) and Bill says Eric did it

So I think the dumbest part was the "catfight"...?

Looks like Eric's REALLY going to kick some ass hopped up on Warlow blood so he can go out in the day next week.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Oh, Eric's on a badass, bloody rampage tonight! 8)

In between that, they're showing Terry's funeral and flashbacks of him reconnecting with society (gradually, with his cousin and Sam).

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum