Thursday, May 5, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Who invited Spektre?"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


True Blood Renewed for Sixth Season

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:16 pm

If Eric's dead you'd think they would have said something... Willa would know...
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:19 pm

HNutz wrote:LOL'ed at the Eric scene (but I knew it'd happen at some point to someone).

Also... Sam's mayor?!? Promoting a "monogamous feeding relationship" with the vampires? Bill's a best selling author? A clean cut Alceide is hooking up with Sookie? Jason's horribly pussy whipped? Arlene bought and renamed Merlottes'? Tara's mom is apologizing and is offering blood to her now? Jessica is offering protection (even if they don't want it) and Andy wants to shoot her... (this one I can kinda see). Bill wants to be "the vampire in Sookie's life" and Alceide isn't good enough

1/8th of vampires have Hep V? And they're all converging on the townspeople?

Crazy 6 month gap...


And no mention of a baby (but I'm more than okay with that)...


baby for who? Sookie/Alcide or Sam/whatsherface... as she was clearly still pregnant
User avatar

muddyglass

dr. strangelove

Postby muddyglass » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:17 pm

HNutz wrote:LOL'ed at the Eric scene (but I knew it'd happen at some point to someone).

Also... Sam's mayor?!? Promoting a "monogamous feeding relationship" with the vampires? Bill's a best selling author? A clean cut Alceide is hooking up with Sookie? Jason's horribly pussy whipped? Arlene bought and renamed Merlottes'? Tara's mom is apologizing and is offering blood to her now? Jessica is offering protection (even if they don't want it) and Andy wants to shoot her... (this one I can kinda see). Bill wants to be "the vampire in Sookie's life" and Alceide isn't good enough

1/8th of vampires have Hep V? And they're all converging on the townspeople?

Crazy 6 month gap...


And no mention of a baby (but I'm more than okay with that)...


only six months passed, so the baby wasn't due yet.

my mind is so screwed up, while watching the tara and mom scene i actually thought tara's mom carries hep-v and the mom is offering her blood to tara so that she could wipe out her disgraceful vampire daughter. plot twist!
User avatar

HNutz

Silly French Man

Postby HNutz » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:46 am

muddyglass wrote:
only six months passed, so the baby wasn't due yet.

my mind is so screwed up, while watching the tara and mom scene i actually thought tara's mom carries hep-v and the mom is offering her blood to tara so that she could wipe out her disgraceful vampire daughter. plot twist!


That's still no mention of it. ;)

As for the blacked out part... Yeah, my gf thought that, too... 8)
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:44 am

muddyglass wrote:
only six months passed, so the baby wasn't due yet.

my mind is so screwed up, while watching the tara and mom scene i actually thought tara's mom carries hep-v and the mom is offering her blood to tara so that she could wipe out her disgraceful vampire daughter. plot twist!


i thought the same thing
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:44 am

HNutz wrote:
That's still no mention of it. ;)

As for the blacked out part... Yeah, my gf thought that, too... 8)


but she was clearly pregnant...
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:59 am

fieldy snuts wrote:this season was right up there with this series worst:


Absolutely, this season was easily as bad as season 4, which I strongly consider to be one of the worst seasons of any show that I have ever watched. They were just painfully bad.

sookie is just stupid(er) this season.


That's pretty much the status quo for this show though. Each season Sookie does something that makes you think she can't possibly get any worse and then BAM! She does something else.

sam was basically a male version of sookie with his stupidity


At least Sam told Sookie off when she threw herself at him. Unfortunately, Sam's story was bogged down by the same werewolf garbage that really tore Alcide down all season long.

maggufin fairy godfather conveniently warped to sookie to warn her about warlow, gets banished by warlow only to return from that other dimension to save the day only for us to never see him again.


jason was in love with jessica so much he went to the death camp to free her and has now totally devoted himself to violet overnight.


That entire story line infuriates me. I honestly feel like the people behind True Blood saw how upset fans were when they split Jason and Jessica up last season, so they teased a reconciliation halfway through this season, and then said "Fuck You! We're doing it our way and our way includes 2 completely new and random characters that we aren't going to develop or make you interested in at all."

the entire warlow storyline....uh......more random character turns than a russo booked wrestling show.


The entire Warlow story line was just a mess. It had potential and it could have been very interesting but instead they added the fairy element and then turned him into another fuck toy for Sookie. :smt011

pretty shitty way to kill eric if that's how they go...if he lives...its a pretty shitty cliffhanger.


They wouldn't have killed Eric like that. If they were going to kill him, they would have had him go out in a blaze of glory so they wouldn't upset his fan base. I agree with you though, it is a pretty shitty cliffhanger.
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:00 am

You just know they are setting up the inevitable Jessica/Violet showdown for the love of Jason
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:32 am

e_galston wrote:You just know they are setting up the inevitable Jessica/Violet showdown for the love of Jason


I wish that I knew that. In fact, if this were almost any other show, I would know that. They didn't even bother to explain why Sarah Newlin was able to kick Jessica out of Jason's house, which was really the beginning of the entire terrible story line.
User avatar

HNutz

Silly French Man

Postby HNutz » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:50 pm

I KNEW someone would get in trouble when the Fairie blood faded and they lost the ability to hang out in the sunlight, but Eric, of all people?Yeah, that's borderline retarded.

I mean, MAYBE it's the drunk/high feeling the rest of the vamps had, but still...
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:39 pm

HNutz wrote:I KNEW someone would get in trouble when the Fairie blood faded and they lost the ability to hang out in the sunlight, but Eric, of all people?Yeah, that's borderline retarded.

I mean, MAYBE it's the drunk/high feeling the rest of the vamps had, but still...


but the thing to remember about Eric, compared to the rest of the vamps who had the blood, is he had a heck of a lot more of Warlow's blood than any (even Bill) he nearly drained Warlow, whereas Bill just had a vial of his blood, and the rest just had blood from Bill.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:52 pm

I liked this season, especially the last episode which was brazenly over the top.

Anyone complaining about Sookie's behavior combined with her status as the prime motivator of every other character in.the universe via her sexuality must be new to this genre, because it is where all these series end up eventually, even, to some extent, the Dresden files.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:08 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Anyone complaining about Sookie's behavior combined with her status as the prime motivator of every other character in.the universe via her sexuality must be new to this genre, because it is where all these series end up eventually, even, to some extent, the Dresden files.


Usually, when you have a character that everybody is drawn to, whether is be through sexual interest or other means that character has some type of quality that is appealing to the audience as well as the other characters. In True Blood, Sookie hasn't had any appealing qualities for a long time now. She's just a terrible person who expects too much from everybody around her and constantly puts everybody else in danger. Throwing herself at Sam and telling him that she always knew they would end up together, a man who was genuinely in love with her because she couldn't stand the thought that Warlow was the only person who wanted her was absolutely cruel.
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:17 pm

Grayson wrote:
Usually, when you have a character that everybody is drawn to, whether is be through sexual interest or other means that character has some type of quality that is appealing to the audience as well as the other characters. In True Blood, Sookie hasn't had any appealing qualities for a long time now. She's just a terrible person who expects too much from everybody around her and constantly puts everybody else in danger. Throwing herself at Sam and telling him that she always knew they would end up together, a man who was genuinely in love with her because she couldn't stand the thought that Warlow was the only person who wanted her was absolutely cruel.


So is Alcide her consolation prize then?? i think its stupid that she just jumps in bed with Alcide after he spent the entire season being a total douchebag, and was trying to kill Sam (who she supposedly cares about). but then again in Sookie's mind if you are a "hot guy" it doesn't matter how horribly you treat the people who actually care about her, you'll still likely get fucked by Sookie..
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:34 pm

e_galston wrote:So is Alcide her consolation prize then?? i think its stupid that she just jumps in bed with Alcide after he spent the entire season being a total douchebag, and was trying to kill Sam (who she supposedly cares about).


I don't think it really matters to Sookie at this point. Really, she just wants somebody to want her and then, when they want her, she wants somebody else to want her as well. However, that usually isn't good enough either. Sookie likes to have options.

but then again in Sookie's mind if you are a "hot guy" it doesn't matter how horribly you treat the people who actually care about her, you'll still likely get fucked by Sookie..


:lol:

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Draco x, Earth-2 NoctourneM, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Flamebird, Google [Bot] and 46 guests