Advertisement

Two websites I'm working on, any feedback?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Dooz

Liked in: 61 posts

Two websites I'm working on, any feedback?

Postby Dooz » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:18 am

Ok, I've only been doing this for about a week now, and I'm almost done with two small web-sites: one is my own "portfolio" site, the other a site for a local band. They're posting up on my temporary school server until they are finished, but I'd like to get a bit more feedback. Neither one is "complete", still working on them:

http://plaza.ufl.edu/kmehaf/home.html
(all pages work, but still tweaking layout)

http://plaza.ufl.edu/kmehaf//weathermachine/
(only "home", "video", and "pics" pages are up)

anyway, any advice from the outhouse community to a web-noob?

Advertisement

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 183 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:20 am

Both look good.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:21 am

The first one could be a bit wider, but not too wide... just for the text. Unless you're going for very short paragraphs. Other than that, they both look very nice to me.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:12 am

I think they both look great.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 514 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:26 am

I really like the layout of the Weather Machine site (the pics are kinda grainy, but you might want that look?), but I do think you could make both a little bit wider. The composition is sound, though.
-

Muppetesque
Cunning Linguist

Liked in: 1 post
Title: ^ My Beaver with a cock
Formerly: nerdygirl

Re: Two websites I'm working on, any feedback?

Postby Muppetesque » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:27 am

Kid Doozer wrote:Ok, I've only been doing this for about a week now, and I'm almost done with two small web-sites: one is my own "portfolio" site, the other a site for a local band. They're posting up on my temporary school server until they are finished, but I'd like to get a bit more feedback. Neither one is "complete", still working on them:

http://plaza.ufl.edu/kmehaf/home.html
(all pages work, but still tweaking layout)

http://plaza.ufl.edu/kmehaf//weathermachine/
(only "home", "video", and "pics" pages are up)

anyway, any advice from the outhouse community to a web-noob?

KD - they look great. The only potential issue I see is with the Weather Machine home page. I'm viewing it through Firefox 3 with my screen set at 1024x 768. When I load the page I'm only really seeing the logo and the tops of the first two pictures. I think the logo may be too large since it has the unintended effect of hiding the content (ie I need to scroll down). Scrolling isn't a bad thing, but you need something that will move the viewer's eye down and make them want to scroll to see more.
eyp wrote:you should start following nerdygirl's advice.

CountD wrote:you were prettier in person, too.

Epidemic_Spider wrote:So you admit I'm more fun than Nieto :groucho:
GOSD wrote:I admit nothing!Yes.

Strict31 wrote:Huh. Nerdygirl's got some booty on her. Kind of a surprise there, Emma.

John Q.
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Two websites I'm working on, any feedback?

Postby John Q. » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:00 am

emmabe wrote:KD - they look great. The only potential issue I see is with the Weather Machine home page. I'm viewing it through Firefox 3 with my screen set at 1024x 768. When I load the page I'm only really seeing the logo and the tops of the first two pictures. I think the logo may be too large since it has the unintended effect of hiding the content (ie I need to scroll down). Scrolling isn't a bad thing, but you need something that will move the viewer's eye down and make them want to scroll to see more.

seconded.

But good job, they look good.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum