Advertisement

Ubisoft+Marvel = Marvel: Avengers Battle For Earth

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 512 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Ubisoft+Marvel = Marvel: Avengers Battle For Earth

Postby sdsichero » Thu May 10, 2012 8:05 pm

Strict31 wrote:
It's a dead end for dedicated gamers, perhaps; it seems rife with gimmickry. But it seems to retain its appeal to the casual gamer, and really, that's what it was crapped out to do. What I hate is seeing it shoehorned into games that do not need it or benefit from it. I mean, it's cool to be able to free-form generate magic spells in a motion-controlled Fable game, but who gives a shit? Gimmickry. Or that Star Wars Kinect game. EAT MY SHIT.

Maybe it's a dead end, because casual gamers don't often see the need to rush out and buy Dance Central 2 when they already got Dance Central 1. I dunno. Seems like a short term type of plan to me, and they keep trying to shove motion control gaming down the throats of dedicated gamers. But casual gamers...they are fairly easy to seduce with gimmickry.

Actually Dance Party is a huge seller (I know you said Dance Central).

There are some aspects to motion gaming that work very well to me. Some of the pointing to select type of gestures. In Mario Kart, to to s roll with a kart, the flick is pretty nice.

I do agree though, if you have a quota of some sort, on what to shoehorn in, it almost always makes for bad gaming.
Image Image Image ImageImage

Advertisement

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:44 am

spidertour02 wrote:
Temporarily. That's the problem I have with all this -- they're grabbing a very temporary group that will be gone eventually. Hell, they're gone already when it comes to the Wii. Meanwhile, publishers are stunting the growth of everything else (for example, the next generation of consoles) to spend time developing this motion control crap.

I can guarantee you that those Sony executives privately wish that they could have all that time and money spent developing the Playstation Move back, because that shit ended up being a waste of effort that blew up in their faces.

Sony may actually be feeling that way about the Playstation 3 in general...

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 276 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Fri May 11, 2012 8:31 am

Benderbrau wrote:But you live in Florida where golfing outside is still an option even in December. But the rest of us live in parts of the country that have a little thing called seasons. :(

I live in Florida, as you say. My delightful lack of these things you call "seasons", I consider recompense from the Universe for this place being the Jersey of The South. :P

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 746 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri May 11, 2012 9:39 am

Has Bender's need to argue forced him into a position where he needs to insist that he's so into golf he needs to do it all year long?

spidertour02
rubber spoon

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Engineering The Future

Postby spidertour02 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:55 am

Strict31 wrote:Sony may actually be feeling that way about the Playstation 3 in general...

The Playstation 3 has been a big seller around the world, so no. (It's right on par with the Xbox360, which came out a year earlier.)

The Playstation Move? Yes. The PSPgo? Hell yes. The Sony XPeria Play? OH FUCK YES. :lol:

Nobama

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby Nobama » Fri May 11, 2012 11:02 am

Strict31 wrote:
Arkham Asylum is a decent enough format for a Batman type character. But for a character like Thor or the Hulk or Iron Man? Incredibly limited.

Arkham City's format allows such characters greater room to show off their power (like flight or super-leaping across town), but it has a lot in common with the sandbox style from the Spider-Man games or GTA.

Of course, we don't know if this is gonna be a team-based game like Ultimate Alliance was, or dependent upon solo character missions. That would make a significant difference in the mechanics.

Totally agree that it wouldn't work if it was exactly like the Arkham games, but the sheer attention to detail, the look, feel, truth to character & continuity would be a major plus. If anything the game engine would be reliable & proven.

I think a Superman game with the Arkham style & engine would be pretty damn sweet.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Fri May 11, 2012 2:48 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Has Bender's need to argue forced him into a position where he needs to insist that he's so into golf he needs to do it all year long?

How do you know he's not a golf professional, though?

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum