Advertisement

'Ultimate Spider-Man - Web Warriors' US Premiere: August 31st

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 234 posts

'Ultimate Spider-Man - Web Warriors' US Premiere: August 31st

Postby LOLtron » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:48 pm

By that time period the UK viewers will be neck deep in the series. Oh and those looking forward to the animated debut of Spider-Girl.. I'm afraid I have some BAD NEWS for you too. But hey, Cloak's in the latest episode!

Source: New 'Ultimate Spider-Man' season expands universe

So Wikipedia was wrong and, not surprisingly, so was this reporter at that. Just last week, we covered how the UK started to air Ultimate Spider-Man- Web Warriors aka the third season of Ultimate Spider-Man. Well now we know the USA premiere date: August 31st as revealed in an article from USA Today. The UK will be three months and sixteen episodes ahead of the US. A curse, or a blessing, when this show is involved.

Also revealed via the USA Today article was the various Spider-Men who'd be appearing in the season. In this context, some fans will probably be disappointed, and maybe a bit angry. Originally, when it was first teased via that nifty con badge, people noticed Spider-Girl and assumed May Parker from MC2 would be appearing in the series.

Well here's the BAD NEWS. Those hopes and dreams built up by fans have been dashed, sadly. That ain't Mayday or even a timey whimey Jessica Drew, Mary Jane Watson, or Gwen Stacy. Who is she? Well, she's Petra Parker. Yes friends, a new character whose basically a fem swapped universe which also includes a  J. Joan Jameson. Yay? Then again if the later is still voiced by J.K. Simmons maybe it'll work. Right? You're all spitting blood and ready to riot aren't you?

Okay okay... Well at least there's some good news to appease fans who probably are a bit angry. That IS Miles Morales on the badge, and, yes, the character IS making his animated debut on the show. Not only that, so is Iron Spider, Spider-Ham (who we've already seen various jokes or appearances of on the show already), Spider-Man Noir, and Spider-Man 2099 (who unlike everyone else will be CGI-animated). But again, when looking to introduce an established female Spider, they went for gender swapped Peter instead of a beloved character. Progress? Sadly not.

As for when the arc will begin, Steve Wacker, vice president in Marvel Television's animation division, said this in the article:

"There's a piece of the puzzle that's given there and really eagle-eyed Marvel Universe fans will be able to pick it out right away," Wacker teases. "All these appearances are leading up to a big story late in the season. The kid who's watching every single week is going to be rewarded with a story that really connects at the end."

In the meantime, the UK gets Cloak and Dagger this weekend plus BARON ZEMO!!!! Here's a preview clip:

Further guest appearances this season will include Dr. Strange, Ka-Zar and Amadeus Cho.

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 324 posts

Re: 'Ultimate Spider-Man - Web Warriors' US Premiere: August

Postby Draco x » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 am

What exact logic is there in not using May Parker as Spider-Girl exactly? :smt011 :smt011

HNutz likes this post.

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 93 posts

Postby Bianco » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:42 am

doombug likes this post.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Draco x wrote:What exact logic is there in not using May Parker as Spider-Girl exactly? :smt011 :smt011

One More Day logic. DUH! :P

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Draco x likes this post.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 339 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Draco x wrote:What exact logic is there in not using May Parker as Spider-Girl exactly? :smt011 :smt011

The same logic that requires them to shoehorn in the "Avengers Assemble" team ? :smt078
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Draco x likes this post.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 339 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:28 am

Ugh. This episode was more about "Avengers" than it was "Web Warriors". :|
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 226 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:43 pm

Was Miles in it?

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 434 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:09 pm

I really enjoyed todays episode but am very much looking forward to Agent Venom in next weeks episode!
ImageImageImage

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:37 pm

GOSD wrote:Was Miles in it?

Episode 11 aka Spider-Verse Part III is when Miles will debut. Web Warriors appear to be only four episodes (Miles appears in two). On the plus side, Taskmaster appears to be the Big Bad this season save for the four-parter which has Norman be the big bad.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum