Advertisement

Unpopular Opinions

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1457 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Unpopular Opinions

Postby Grayson » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:17 pm

Herald wrote:Has any of the positive opinions you've ever espoused about comics gotten you put in a comic written by the Executive Editor or Co-Publisher of the company?? Just sayin'! :smt102 8)

:roll:

I'm pretty sure that people tend to remember negative opinions more than positive ones.

Not necessarily. They just hear negative opinions more often than positive opinions. It becomes so common place to hear somebody say something negative about something else that eventually you simply begin tuning it out, especially if it is coming from the same source. For instance, I am sure that everybody here knows somebody else who is extremely difficult to talk to about a particular subject, so much so that eventually them just roll their eyes at them and/or actively try to avoid engaging in any sort of conversation with them.
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:23 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Have any of your negative opinions gotten Dan Didio fired in the decade you've been calling for it? For that matter, it's failed to do anything except get you used as a joke BY Dan? And that's the legacy you're trumpeting? :P

I have succeeded in calling attention to the problems in the DiDio regime. Have not many DC fans, including most of you guys here, seen the light in recent years, and realized that Dan and the Gang are ruining the DC characters and their universe, as I've pointed out for AGES despite all your claims to the contrary?? Has not THIS VERY SITE, run by YOU, Lord Simian, spawned a counter that keeps track of every idiotic deed perpetrated by the DiDio regime, of which there are MANY??

ALL of these things from ALL of these people verify that I was right all along! And THAT, along with Dan being forced to acknowledge my existence and that I've pissed him off, is the legacy I'm trumpeting! Thank you, oh Lord of the Monkeys, for contributing to it with every second that "Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?" exists!! 8)

Mr. Mercury, my theme song, if you would! :wink:

Food Eater lad
cheese

Liked in: 24 posts

Postby Food Eater lad » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:38 pm

The X Men movies all stunk.

The X Men in the comics are all selfish assholes and deserve persecution.

Charles Xavier was creepy hypocrite at best, and a menace at worst.

Batman was more interesting when he was the best detective and not the best fighter.

John Byrnes' take on Superman was my favorite.

The Goon is the best comic being published now.

Super Dinosaur is Kirkman's best work.

The Avengers and the X Men would work better as one title and stronger continuity.

Cyclops is a villain.

There is no tension in Marvel Comics because everyone gets killed and comes back. And without tension, there is no enjoyment.

The Teen Titans are broken. Its time to just forget about them.

The new Ms. Marvel is one of Marvel's better comics.
"Diversity equals division"

2 people like this post.

Pink_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 165 posts
Formerly: Pink Peril

Postby Pink_Orchid » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:46 pm

Greg Land has no business drawing women anymore. Correction, copying and pasting women anymore.

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:29 pm

Grayson wrote:
:roll:

You can roll your eyes about it all you want, but the point stands. When has, say, IvC's still-continuing loyalty to Dan and the Gang been rewarded with so much as a text acknowledgment, much less an actual depiction in a comic story?? Positive comments garner little more than a mental pat on the head before they move on; negative ones are more likely to stick in the craw. Look again at what I got for kicking DiDio and his buddies' collective butt!

"'Squeaky wheel', my friend.
'Squeaky wheel'..."

Not necessarily. They just hear negative opinions more often than positive opinions.

You forget that you're talking to a veteran on this side of this particular "war". Back when I was mostly a lone voice in the woods, I was still getting backlash from the likes of Jamal Igle. And he was otherwise being complimented for his work, like his Supergirl run. Sorry, but this "hearing more negative opinions" argument doesn't work.

It becomes so common place to hear somebody say something negative about something else that eventually you simply begin tuning it out, especially if it is coming from the same source.

Ol' Dan's outburst puts the lie to that. I had been smacking him and the Gang around for years before The Empire Struck Back. Clearly, they were still listening.

For instance, I am sure that everybody here knows somebody else who is extremely difficult to talk to about a particular subject, so much so that eventually them just roll their eyes at them and/or actively try to avoid engaging in any sort of conversation with them.

I am sure.
Last edited by Herald on Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1183 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:36 pm

I should be in charge of DC Comics.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:54 pm

RoosterHardwood wrote:
I'll one up you.

There is no such thing as good Doctor Who.

Truth, you speak it.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1183 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:35 pm

chap22 wrote:Truth, you speak it.

How can you be so wrong while some other times, so right? :smt011
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

Food Eater lad
cheese

Liked in: 24 posts

Postby Food Eater lad » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:40 pm

There was no need for John Hurt to be the Doctor. The war doctor should have been Paul McGann's story to tell.
"Diversity equals division"

nietoperz likes this post.

Popeye McFly
Garbage Collector

Liked in: 186 posts
Formerly: SubjectDelta

Postby Popeye McFly » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:25 pm

I don't know if this has been said, but I never thought Morrison was the genius.people make him out to be.

Final Crisis and X-Men sucked.

gavincantdraw
SUSHI FISH

Liked in: 87 posts
Formerly: Dissappointer of Parents

Postby gavincantdraw » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:31 pm

Herald wrote:
Oh, they understand online opinions quite a lot more than you think. I'm living proof. 8)

I've seen and heard plenty from the creators that our words DO mean a lot. Gail Simone was reinstated as Batgirl writer pretty much because of the Internet Backdraft that resulted from her firing. And some have speculated that part of Morrison's Multiversity #1 was a response to online attacks, as well.

Even more to the point, online opinions can affect what people spend money on, after all, since many people put a lot of stock in what others think. Isn't that what you're truly afraid of when it comes to negative opinions, that you or others' opinions about what you like might be affected if you see that someone else does NOT like it??

Good points. Very rarely does an argument effect my opinion, but you have. I cannot argue with you. I hereby declare you the winner that you always have been and concede defeat.
For information on my crappy attempts at writing comics: http://www.gavincantdraw.tumblr.com

For complete and total lies:
http://www.didyounope.tumblr.com

OneWhoIsAll
cheese

Liked in: 628 posts
Title: SilentKnight
Formerly: KnightofOwls

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:16 pm

Sometimes, I like when comic book female characters that are half naked, or pseudo naked.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 360 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:24 am

I couldn't finish Breaking Bad. Watched the first three seasons, but it's one of those shows that is quality, but nothing GOOD ever happens. It's always one down after another, and while I enjoyed it, it burned me out.

Same thing happened with Rescue Me, which I LOVED at first, but I can't keep up with a show that only ever has lows, never a high! :)

nietoperz likes this post.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 277 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:59 am

Lord Simian wrote:I couldn't finish Breaking Bad. Watched the first three seasons, but it's one of those shows that is quality, but nothing GOOD ever happens. It's always one down after another, and while I enjoyed it, it burned me out.

Same thing happened with Rescue Me, which I LOVED at first, but I can't keep up with a show that only ever has lows, never a high! :)

Same for me with The Wire.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 600 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:35 am

Lord Simian wrote:I couldn't finish Breaking Bad. Watched the first three seasons, but it's one of those shows that is quality, but nothing GOOD ever happens. It's always one down after another, and while I enjoyed it, it burned me out.

i've watched a few episodes of Breaking Bad but I have a feeling that I won't finish it for that reason. Plus, Walter White has come off as unlikable since the first episode.

And good to know about Rescue Me as I haven't seen it past the second season.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum