Advertisement

Venture Bros. Season Finale

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:43 am

Watched it and while I liked Part 1 more, it was still pretty great. The final reveal after the credits was kind of surprising. I felt bad that 24 died, and I figured it was the Moppets as well. I'm sure Brock won't actually quit.

Still I was kind of hoping for some bigger revelations from the finale, like something with Jonas, but still it was good.

The naked clone army was in fact really really fucked up though.

Advertisement

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:43 am

lancer_man wrote:I already hoping that #21, suffering from depression, has a vision of #24 as a jedi-like ghost in the next season.

I'm thinking he goes all Bruce Wayne and wanders the earth learning from the masters of ancient arts in order to avenge 24's death. So, yeah, that could happen.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:44 am

lancer_man wrote:I already hoping that #21, suffering from depression, has a vision of #24 as a jedi-like ghost in the next season.

I could easily see them doing that. In fact I'd be shocked if they didn't do something like that.

lancer_man
Expert Post Whore

Postby lancer_man » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:47 am

twoheads wrote:I'm thinking he goes all Bruce Wayne and wanders the earth learning from the masters of ancient arts in order to avenge 24's death. So, yeah, that could happen.

#21 is the ultimate geek. He will do something uber geeky.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:49 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:Still I was kind of hoping for some bigger revelations from the finale, like something with Jonas, but still it was good.

Well, they said something in the bumps about season 4 'finishing up the break crumbs we spinkled about'(paraphrasing), so it looks like all the Jonas stuff will be Season 4, and that Season 3 was kind of the setup for all the really big shit.

When you look at it, mostly what Season 3 did was fill in lot of the backstory and set up a new status quo in regards to the Ventures. It was a lot of exposition, with not much action until the last 3 episodes. I expect Season 4 to be bananas.

lancer_man
Expert Post Whore

Postby lancer_man » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:52 am

twoheads wrote:Well, they said something in the bumps about season 4 'finishing up the break crumbs we spinkled about'(paraphrasing), so it looks like all the Jonas stuff will be Season 4, and that Season 3 was kind of the setup for all the really big shit.

When you look at it, mostly what Season 3 did was fill in lot of the backstory and set up a new status quo in regards to the Ventures. It was a lot of exposition, with not much action until the last 3 episodes. I expect Season 4 to be bananas.

I also thought I heard there would be some less continuity based episodes in the forth season. This one you almost had to watch in order, and have a solid knowledge of the first two seasons.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:55 am

lancer_man wrote:I also thought I heard there would be some less continuity based episodes in the forth season. This one you almost had to watch in order, and have a solid knowledge of the first two seasons.

Yeah, my girlfriend missed the 3rd to last episode(Orb), and decided to just wait for the DVDs to finish up because of that very reason.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:58 am

twoheads wrote:Well, they said something in the bumps about season 4 'finishing up the break crumbs we spinkled about'(paraphrasing), so it looks like all the Jonas stuff will be Season 4, and that Season 3 was kind of the setup for all the really big shit.

Yeah I saw that and it should be cool, but I was still hoping for something bigger.

As Lance_Man said this season was really intertwined. you really had to see every episode and know a lot of the history of the show to appreciate most of it.

I think it's a really good season, but the finale could have been a little better. It set up a ton of great stuff for the future of the show, but didn't really answer most of the questions raised over the course of the season.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:59 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:Yeah I saw that and it should be cool, but I was still hoping for something bigger.

As Lance_Man said this season was really intertwined. you really had to see every episode and know a lot of the history of the show to appreciate most of it.

I think it's a really good season, but the finale could have been a little better. It set up a ton of great stuff for the future of the show, but didn't really answer most of the questions raised over the course of the season.

Just think how awesome it's going to be once the DVD comes out, though.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:09 pm

twoheads wrote:Just think how awesome it's going to be once the DVD comes out, though.

True. I'm pretty sure watching the whole season in one weekend would be awesome beyond words.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 208 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:10 pm

I honestly think it was Dr. Girlfriend who blew up Helper and 24. The reason I say this is because she hated him in those flashbacks in the season premire. The Moppets are just too obvious since they injured him earlier in the season.

Still awesome episode I am so getting this season set for those last three episodes. Though WHEN THE HELL IS SEASON 4!? Dont' tell me another three years?

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:17 pm

Zechs wrote:I honestly think it was Dr. Girlfriend who blew up Helper and 24. The reason I say this is because she hated him in those flashbacks in the season premire. The Moppets are just too obvious since they injured him earlier in the season.

Still awesome episode I am so getting this season set for those last three episodes. Though WHEN THE HELL IS SEASON 4!? Dont' tell me another three years?

Last night it said something abut next year.

Woody
Motherfucker from Hell

Title: Woodrow if you're nasty

Postby Woody » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:30 pm

or they bring him back as a zombie

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 247 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:55 pm

Woody wrote:or they bring him back as a zombie
Venturstein 2.0.

jza1218

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby jza1218 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:55 pm

Woody wrote:or they bring him back as a zombie