Tuesday, September 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Putting the yellow back into journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Venture Bros. Season Finale

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:43 am

Watched it and while I liked Part 1 more, it was still pretty great. The final reveal after the credits was kind of surprising. I felt bad that 24 died, and I figured it was the Moppets as well. I'm sure Brock won't actually quit.

Still I was kind of hoping for some bigger revelations from the finale, like something with Jonas, but still it was good.

The naked clone army was in fact really really fucked up though.
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:43 am

lancer_man wrote:I already hoping that #21, suffering from depression, has a vision of #24 as a jedi-like ghost in the next season.


I'm thinking he goes all Bruce Wayne and wanders the earth learning from the masters of ancient arts in order to avenge 24's death. So, yeah, that could happen.
User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:44 am

lancer_man wrote:I already hoping that #21, suffering from depression, has a vision of #24 as a jedi-like ghost in the next season.


I could easily see them doing that. In fact I'd be shocked if they didn't do something like that.
User avatar

lancer_man

Expert Post Whore

Postby lancer_man » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:47 am

twoheads wrote:I'm thinking he goes all Bruce Wayne and wanders the earth learning from the masters of ancient arts in order to avenge 24's death. So, yeah, that could happen.


#21 is the ultimate geek. He will do something uber geeky.
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:49 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:Still I was kind of hoping for some bigger revelations from the finale, like something with Jonas, but still it was good.


Well, they said something in the bumps about season 4 'finishing up the break crumbs we spinkled about'(paraphrasing), so it looks like all the Jonas stuff will be Season 4, and that Season 3 was kind of the setup for all the really big shit.

When you look at it, mostly what Season 3 did was fill in lot of the backstory and set up a new status quo in regards to the Ventures. It was a lot of exposition, with not much action until the last 3 episodes. I expect Season 4 to be bananas.
User avatar

lancer_man

Expert Post Whore

Postby lancer_man » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:52 am

twoheads wrote:Well, they said something in the bumps about season 4 'finishing up the break crumbs we spinkled about'(paraphrasing), so it looks like all the Jonas stuff will be Season 4, and that Season 3 was kind of the setup for all the really big shit.

When you look at it, mostly what Season 3 did was fill in lot of the backstory and set up a new status quo in regards to the Ventures. It was a lot of exposition, with not much action until the last 3 episodes. I expect Season 4 to be bananas.


I also thought I heard there would be some less continuity based episodes in the forth season. This one you almost had to watch in order, and have a solid knowledge of the first two seasons.
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:55 am

lancer_man wrote:I also thought I heard there would be some less continuity based episodes in the forth season. This one you almost had to watch in order, and have a solid knowledge of the first two seasons.


Yeah, my girlfriend missed the 3rd to last episode(Orb), and decided to just wait for the DVDs to finish up because of that very reason.
User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:58 am

twoheads wrote:Well, they said something in the bumps about season 4 'finishing up the break crumbs we spinkled about'(paraphrasing), so it looks like all the Jonas stuff will be Season 4, and that Season 3 was kind of the setup for all the really big shit.

When you look at it, mostly what Season 3 did was fill in lot of the backstory and set up a new status quo in regards to the Ventures. It was a lot of exposition, with not much action until the last 3 episodes. I expect Season 4 to be bananas.


Yeah I saw that and it should be cool, but I was still hoping for something bigger.

As Lance_Man said this season was really intertwined. you really had to see every episode and know a lot of the history of the show to appreciate most of it.

I think it's a really good season, but the finale could have been a little better. It set up a ton of great stuff for the future of the show, but didn't really answer most of the questions raised over the course of the season.
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:59 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:Yeah I saw that and it should be cool, but I was still hoping for something bigger.

As Lance_Man said this season was really intertwined. you really had to see every episode and know a lot of the history of the show to appreciate most of it.

I think it's a really good season, but the finale could have been a little better. It set up a ton of great stuff for the future of the show, but didn't really answer most of the questions raised over the course of the season.


Just think how awesome it's going to be once the DVD comes out, though.
User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:09 pm

twoheads wrote:Just think how awesome it's going to be once the DVD comes out, though.


True. I'm pretty sure watching the whole season in one weekend would be awesome beyond words.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:10 pm

I honestly think it was Dr. Girlfriend who blew up Helper and 24. The reason I say this is because she hated him in those flashbacks in the season premire. The Moppets are just too obvious since they injured him earlier in the season.

Still awesome episode I am so getting this season set for those last three episodes. Though WHEN THE HELL IS SEASON 4!? Dont' tell me another three years?
User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:17 pm

Zechs wrote:I honestly think it was Dr. Girlfriend who blew up Helper and 24. The reason I say this is because she hated him in those flashbacks in the season premire. The Moppets are just too obvious since they injured him earlier in the season.

Still awesome episode I am so getting this season set for those last three episodes. Though WHEN THE HELL IS SEASON 4!? Dont' tell me another three years?


Last night it said something abut next year.
User avatar

Woody

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Woody » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:30 pm

lancer_man wrote:I already hoping that #21, suffering from depression, has a vision of #24 as a jedi-like ghost in the next season.
or they bring him back as a zombie
User avatar

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:55 pm

Woody wrote:or they bring him back as a zombie
Venturstein 2.0.

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:55 pm

Woody wrote:or they bring him back as a zombie


Or just a head like a spoof on Futurama

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Glacier16, LobsterJ and 51 guests