Advertisement

Veronica Mars...The Movie?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Royal Nonesuch
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:35 am

nietoperz wrote:
Having said that, with a film he's free to do what he wants, rather than be bullied by the CW into dropping the darker plots and making the show more teen-demographic friendly.

Not necessarily. He could just be bullied by movie studio executives/producers rather than TV studio executives/producers.
The witness said Mr Brown then called out to Ms Hay's adult daughter: "Look at this, I'm tittie-f***ing your mother!".

Jude Terror 12:19 AM
I put my dick in one of the bagels once.

Advertisement

Severed Djed
Bastard #1

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Severed Djed » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:35 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I have never seen an episode.. :?

I saw 3.

Never got into the show, but best of luck to all involved in getting the film off the ground.

kingofcities
dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:35 pm

nietoperz wrote:I liked that, though.

Having said that, with a film he's free to do what he wants, rather than be bullied by the CW into dropping the darker plots and making the show more teen-demographic friendly. Also the FBI thing was a last-ditch attempt to save the show.

Plus he'll have had a couple years to think about plot so it could really end up being great without that pressure of the weekly TV grind.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 612 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:49 am

nietoperz wrote:I did too, but if we get a movie it's important that as well as Veronica there are roles for Keith, Logan, Wallace and Weevil.

Yeah, I think it's important that they all come back, too.

It would be... different seeing a Veronica Mars movie. Hopefully it can deliver just like season 2 did! 8)

Nightfly
Staff Writer

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby Nightfly » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:20 am

kingofcities wrote:Plus he'll have had a couple years to think about plot so it could really end up being great without that pressure of the weekly TV grind.

Good Point.

I'm up for a VM film. 8)

Even though I don't own any of the VM seasons, I'm fairly certain I'd buy the movie on dvd.
Follow me on Twitter for Entertainment news updates!
You have all the weapons you need... Now Fight!

kingofcities
dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:04 am

A little bit more info...

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/08/post.html

Question: Your Veronica Mars movie post is nearing 1500 comments. That's good, right? -- Claire

Ausiello: It certainly doesn't suck. You know what else doesn't suck? My follow-up story in this week's issue of EW (on sale Friday), in which Rob Thomas spills exclusive details about Veronica's big screen adventure. Hint: The FBI premise? So 15 months ago. Oh, and speaking of this week's EW, I squealed like a 13-year-old girl when I saw the cover. Fifty bucks says you will, too.

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:23 am

I never really got into this.

I saw the sets a few days ago for $20 but it didn't look that appealing.

Psivage
FROGMAN

Liked in: 23 posts
Title: shake it baby, shake it good!
Formerly: Cat-Psivage

Postby Psivage » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:36 pm

Hope she shows her tits.

both made by Cat-Scratch

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:17 pm

JL_Amato wrote:I never really got into this.

I saw the sets a few days ago for $20 but it didn't look that appealing.

Have you ever seen an episode before?

Trust me.. I was the same way. I didn't get into it until after the 2nd season DVD came out. I picked up the first season during one of those $19.99 sales at Best Buy, and I loved it. I loved it so much, I ran out and got the second season as well and stormed through 44 episodes or whatever it was in a week.

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:28 pm

Chris wrote:Have you ever seen an episode before?

Trust me.. I was the same way. I didn't get into it until after the 2nd season DVD came out. I picked up the first season during one of those $19.99 sales at Best Buy, and I loved it. I loved it so much, I ran out and got the second season as well and stormed through 44 episodes or whatever it was in a week.

I watched some today online and they were okay but nothing really to write home about.

kingofcities
dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:31 pm

JL_Amato wrote:I watched some today online and they were okay but nothing really to write home about.

You would have to watch a whole season. The first and second seasons are each a long mystery. There's a big payoff for seeing them all.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:32 pm

JL_Amato wrote:I watched some today online and they were okay but nothing really to write home about.

What season? If it's 3, that season sucked.

It's one of those shows where you really have to start from the beginning, because the underlying mystery kind of runs through the first two seasons.. and it gets better once you get into the mystery.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum