Advertisement

Videogames...

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Bear du jour

Re: Videogames...

Postby Chesscub » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:29 am

SuperginraiX wrote:After the disappointment of Bioshock Infinite, I needed to go do something a little more old school that would take me more than a week to play through. I went with the Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection so that I could play through all the Phantasy Star games. I'm right in the middle of the first Phantasy Star which is an unlockable Master System game on the Genesis Collection.

So I'm using the power of the X-Box 360 to play a 16-bit collection... and using it to play an 8-bit game.

I was worried that all the level grinding would burn me out. I could do all of that back when I was ten but modern games have made me impatient with the believe that I should level up just by playing the game and not by running in a circle for an hour just fighting random enemies. It turns out I'm just obsessive compulsive enough that the grinding in Phantasy Star is relaxing. It helps that I'm not waiting for the game to load every battle.

The pseudo 3D dungeons amaze me WAY more than they should. I mean, these are simplistic things that you can SEE how they did it and I'm used to ACTUAL 3 Dimensional games and I STILL THINK IT'S COOL. :D

The game is pretty fun. It's definitely an EARLY look at what RPGs could be. The characters are HARDLY characters but the cutscenes are nice. The vehicles require a few too many button presses but are otherwise cool. It gives me fond memories of playing Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior.

So, I'm covered for a few weeks on the gaming front.

If you're disappointed with Bioshock infinite, I'll gladly take it off you. :groucho:

Advertisement

baggle
hobo killer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Really Britta'd that one

Postby baggle » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:00 pm

Chesscub wrote:
ukulele playing T-rex? How? His arms are too short. :?

But that's why a ukulele works! It's one of the few instruments he might be able to play with his tiny arms.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Chris wrote:
Huh?? :swear:

I knew that would get that reaction. :D

I had a lot of fun with the game. It had one of the best stories I've ever experienced in a video game. But it ended in less than a week. I don't buy many games at full price but I still expect more play value than one week.

So it was a phenomenal game that I wish I would have bought at twenty bucks.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Gawd, this marketing campaign will be obnoxious.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:07 pm

Ouch

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/401730/restructuring-capcom-halves-profit-forecast/]
Restructuring Capcom halves profit forecast Update: Publisher cancels projects across the business[/url]

Capcom's board of directors made a surprise announcement that it is preparing for a company-wide restructure that will cost it about £46 million. The decision comes from a mandate to modernise the business, as the group explains:

"In view of the sudden and significant changes in the operating environment of the digital contents business, Capcom reviewed its business expansion strategy for the sector and restructured its game development organization."

It is not yet clear what effect this will have on Capcom's global game development studios.

[Update: Capcom has told investors that it has discontinued projects "due to delays in responding to the digital contents and the resulting inability to address market needs".

It also claimed that overseas projects have also been cancelled, marking them down as "no longer compatible with the current business strategy".

Executives at the company suggested that its previous policy of outsourcing work to third-party studios is no longer desirable. It said its two main goals moving forward are to "strengthen digital strategies" and "raise game quality by moving more game development in-house".

It also criticised development operations for a "delayed response to the expanding digital contents market" and "a decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing". Update Ends]

Better not be DuckTales

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:12 pm

sdsichero wrote:Ouch

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/401730/restructuring-capcom-halves-profit-forecast/]
Restructuring Capcom halves profit forecast Update: Publisher cancels projects across the business[/url]

Better not be DuckTales

Me too.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Is 2K about to re-announce XCOM?

A mysterious package received by VideoGamer.com this morning seems to suggest an upcoming announcement regarding 2K's XCOM.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:22 pm

After Aliens: Colonial Marines... I wonder if they will need to regain some cred?

Gearbox Acquires Rights to Homeworld

Gearbox Software has announced plans to acquire the Homeworld franchise from THQ. In a statement today, Gearbox said “Brian Martel, Gearbox Software's Chief Creative Officer, has great love and respect for Relic's brilliant, fun and innovative game and personally spearheaded the acquisition.”

Gearbox plans “to preserve and assemble the purest form of the original acclaimed and beloved games” and aims to make Homeworld and Homeworld 2 “accessible on today's leading digital platforms.”

In a post on its official site, Gearbox asked fans “to share with us and Brian what you think should be done with Homeworld moving forward.”

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:00 pm

It wasn't a well kept secret. Seems like a decent amount of content.

Konami Confirms Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection for PS3 in June
Video game publisher Konami confirmed on Monday that it will release the Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection on the PlayStation 3 in North and South America this June. The collection is celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Metal Gear Solid franchise.

The collection will include the following games:

• Metal Gear Solid
• Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition
• Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition (which includes the original MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2)
• Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition
• Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
• Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy Edition

The collection will also include two digital graphic novels by Australian comic artist Ashley Wood.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:30 pm

Microsoft to reveal next generation Xbox May 21
by Alexander Sliwinski Writer RSS on Apr 24th 2013 1:07PM

Microsoft will reveal the next Xbox on May 21.

The event will have a global stream on Xbox.com, Xbox Live and Spike TV (US and Canada). No word yet if the Xbox 360 Pizza Hut app will also stream the event.

"On that day, we'll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19 days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we'll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games," said Xbox's community guru Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb.

The event is titled "A New Generation Revealed" and will occur at Microsoft's Redmond, Washington, campus on Tuesday, May 21 at 1PM Eastern (10AM Pacific, 6PM UK).

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Amazon's are pretty lame. They sell more anyway so I guess they don't need to put much of an effort.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:05 pm

bkthomson wrote:Gawd, this marketing campaign will be obnoxious.

:P

The listing on Amazon is amusing. :D

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:07 pm

sdsichero wrote:It wasn't a well kept secret. Seems like a decent amount of content.

Konami Confirms Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection for PS3 in June

Sony is pretty good at putting together sets for the PS3. Microsoft totally sucks, they haven't done anything like they have.

baggle
hobo killer

Title: Really Britta'd that one

Postby baggle » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:47 pm

misac wrote:
Sony is pretty good at putting together sets for the PS3. Microsoft totally sucks, they haven't done anything like they have.

I mostly agree, but what has Microsoft done that is worth this type of collection? They don't have a ton of first party games outside of Halo. However, I'm just dying to play Blinx: the Time Sweeper again.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum