Advertisement

Videogames...

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 49 posts

Re: Videogames...

Postby misac » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:25 pm

Chesscub wrote:
Well that'll limit my buying One for a while. I'm not going to give up my collection of games. I've got too many used games I've bought that I haven't touched yet. :D

There's still a PS2 game I want to play. :P

Advertisement

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 399 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:36 pm

Blizzard Trademarks 'The Dark Below' Ahead of Gamescom
A newly filed trademark application may have revealed the name of the project Blizzard plans on revealing later this month at Gamescom.

A trademark for something called The Dark Below was filed by Blizzard on August 9. As with any trademark filing, it doesn't provide us with many details to help determine what it is, although the listing on Scribd indicates this is a game, and one that includes virtual currency and items.

Last month, Blizzard teased an announcement would be coming during its Gamescom press conference on August 21. An invitation sent out to the press stated Blizzard would be "making a special announcement that's sure to capture the attention of the Heavens, Burning Hells and all the shadowed places that lie between." Based on that description and the timing, a proper reveal of the Diablo III expansion confirmed last year seems very likely. A name like The Dark Below sounds perfectly appropriate for the Diablo universe, and it matches the Diablo-sounding tease well enough.

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:12 am

Well I tried Crackdown last night. Feels weird. The biggest issue I found with it is that there's no fucking tutorial. So I accidentally assaulted a fellow officer as my first move. :lol:

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:53 am

Chesscub wrote:Well I tried Crackdown last night. Feels weird. The biggest issue I found with it is that there's no fucking tutorial. So I accidentally assaulted a fellow officer as my first move. :lol:

Well if this was Crackdown: internal affairs then that would have been a good move.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 49 posts

Postby misac » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:14 am

Chesscub wrote:Well I tried Crackdown last night. Feels weird. The biggest issue I found with it is that there's no fucking tutorial. So I accidentally assaulted a fellow officer as my first move. :lol:

It feels very arcadey with no real consequences for mowing down civilians and the police. Still, jumping around rooftops is pretty fun.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 399 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Xbox One scales back launch to 13 markets this November

During E3, Microsoft revealed the Xbox One would launch for $500 in November, initially to 21 different markets. In a blog post today, Microsoft called that lofty goal "aggressive," and has announced the Xbox One will only be available in 13 territories this November.

Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, United States and New Zealand will be the first launch territories for Xbox One and are unaffected by this news today. Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden and Switzerland, however, will receive the console "as soon as possible" in 2014.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 50 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:39 pm

Bit Trip Saga is going to be $5 on the Nintendo eShop for the 1st few weeks of September. :smt026

http://nintendoeverything.com/bit-trip- ... ext-month/

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:43 am

Saints Row IV seems to revel in the utterly absurd this time around.

They even recreated the Optimus Prime/Megatron :one shall stand, one shall fall" confrontation from the 1980's TF movie complete with The Touch :lol:

And this is the final song :lol:

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 am

That is exactly what I did. :D

And then they killed me.

Crackdown is a pretty fun arcadey type game. The best part is that it has two player online co-op. I've been playing it on weekends with a buddy. Hell, you don't even have to be in the same part of the city. He was in a whole different territory while I was looking for the HQ entrance to impound a car. Pretty fun stuff... but it definitely shows it's age.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:03 am

What I'm actually spending most of my time with is Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii. Yes, I broke down and picked it up, sd. :oops:

It's pretty fun. I'm only about ten hours in but I've already experienced the first major death in the game. It surprised the hell out of me. Besides that, I've pretty much ignored the main quest and focused on side quests. I should probably move forward a bit since fast travel keeps everything close by.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:46 am

Broke down and bought Disney Infinity. My son has only played the top box part and really likes it.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:54 am

bkthomson wrote:Broke down and bought Disney Infinity. My son has only played the top box part and really likes it.

That thing looks... very fun. The toys are nice, too. If I wasn't saving my pennies for the XBOne, I... I would probably still get something else but Infinity DOES look cool. :smt102

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The greatest poster ever
Formerly: Mister Fister, Johhny Assplay,TerriG

Postby eltopo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:14 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Saints Row IV seems to revel in the utterly absurd this time around.

They even recreated the Optimus Prime/Megatron :one shall stand, one shall fall" confrontation from the 1980's TF movie complete with The Touch :lol:

And this is the final song :lol:

I can't wait to get saints row 4
they really bump up the insanity everytime

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 240 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:49 am

What's the word on Diablo III? The commercial makes it seem all multi-player (not what I'm after in a rpg).

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The greatest poster ever
Formerly: Mister Fister, Johhny Assplay,TerriG

Postby eltopo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:43 pm

Amoebas wrote:What's the word on Diablo III? The commercial makes it seem all multi-player (not what I'm after in a rpg).

from what I understand it's like borderlands possible to play alone but designed for multiplayer

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum