Advertisement

Videogames...

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 660 posts
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Videogames...

Postby sdsichero » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:21 pm

I really suck at these games but for some reason I like them

Advertisement

sdsichero

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 474 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:24 am

sdsichero wrote:What the--?

Yeah - I don't get it either.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:43 am

I've been checking out IGN a lot lately because I'm addicted to finding out about everything related to these two clunker video game consoles coming out this November. There's a lot of good info on there.

And then there are the commenters. What the hell, commenters?

Everyone is addicted to calling others fanboys. Most people using that word are ACTUALLY fanboys... if we're using the term to describe someone who is monumentally devoted to one system or the other. It's a little headache inducing.

I get brand loyalty. I HAVE brand loyalty. But it's to Diet Mountain Dew. Which is delicious. But video game systems?

I have always loved Nintendo. Well, I've loved them ever since I got my NES. I have always wished them well. I still root for them even though I find myself buying less and less Nintendo games.

I loved my Playstation. I liked most of my Playstation 2 games but after two systems burning out on me, I was way too angry at Sony to pick up the PS3. Because of this, I missed some good games but that's what happens when two Playstation 2's stop working on me. I figure I've suffered enough and I bet there's a Playstation 4 somewhere in my future.

I played a lot of four player multiplayer games on the X-Box. Not online. Just a group of friends sitting in a living room playing Nightfire and Fusion Frenzy until three AM. When I finally got the 360, we carried the living room crew into the online world (which is a good thing because some people moved out of the state). I have so many fond memories with the 360 and more games on that thing than any other system. I've been lucky that my system hasn't died yet. I've heard that's an issue. It's an issue for Jude. Mine seems like it's on it's last legs but it's been played a LOT. The XBox One doesn't sit well with me. There are no launch games that interest me. Granted, there are no PS4 launch games that do anything for me, either. Nevertheless, I've got the thing on pre-order because my friends have chosen this thing as our next gaming platform.

But, seriously, I'm about to take the money I've saved up and pick up the Wii U when it drops in price.

So other than Nintendo, I don't really think about brand loyalty for video games. A good system is a good system and every company has a chance at that. Hell, I never really cared that much for Sega but the Dreamcast is probably my favorite system ever.

All that said, none of the three new game consoles is great. I could point out a lot of flaws in each of them. I could also point out some cool things about each of them. I'm just not rich enough to buy everything I see anymore. So I'm gonna buy the XBOne because I want to play video games with my friends. Eventually. When there's something on there worth playing.

Until then, I guess I will watch Blurays.

/crazyfanboyrant

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The greatest poster ever
Formerly: Mister Fister, Johhny Assplay,TerriG

Postby eltopo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:18 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:I've been checking out IGN a lot lately because I'm addicted to finding out about everything related to these two clunker video game consoles coming out this November. There's a lot of good info on there.

And then there are the commenters. What the hell, commenters?

Everyone is addicted to calling others fanboys. Most people using that word are ACTUALLY fanboys... if we're using the term to describe someone who is monumentally devoted to one system or the other. It's a little headache inducing.

I get brand loyalty. I HAVE brand loyalty. But it's to Diet Mountain Dew. Which is delicious. But video game systems?

I have always loved Nintendo. Well, I've loved them ever since I got my NES. I have always wished them well. I still root for them even though I find myself buying less and less Nintendo games.

I loved my Playstation. I liked most of my Playstation 2 games but after two systems burning out on me, I was way too angry at Sony to pick up the PS3. Because of this, I missed some good games but that's what happens when two Playstation 2's stop working on me. I figure I've suffered enough and I bet there's a Playstation 4 somewhere in my future.

I played a lot of four player multiplayer games on the X-Box. Not online. Just a group of friends sitting in a living room playing Nightfire and Fusion Frenzy until three AM. When I finally got the 360, we carried the living room crew into the online world (which is a good thing because some people moved out of the state). I have so many fond memories with the 360 and more games on that thing than any other system. I've been lucky that my system hasn't died yet. I've heard that's an issue. It's an issue for Jude. Mine seems like it's on it's last legs but it's been played a LOT. The XBox One doesn't sit well with me. There are no launch games that interest me. Granted, there are no PS4 launch games that do anything for me, either. Nevertheless, I've got the thing on pre-order because my friends have chosen this thing as our next gaming platform.

But, seriously, I'm about to take the money I've saved up and pick up the Wii U when it drops in price.

So other than Nintendo, I don't really think about brand loyalty for video games. A good system is a good system and every company has a chance at that. Hell, I never really cared that much for Sega but the Dreamcast is probably my favorite system ever.

All that said, none of the three new game consoles is great. I could point out a lot of flaws in each of them. I could also point out some cool things about each of them. I'm just not rich enough to buy everything I see anymore. So I'm gonna buy the XBOne because I want to play video games with my friends. Eventually. When there's something on there worth playing.

Until then, I guess I will watch Blurays.

/crazyfanboyrant

oh god videogame websites comments sections are the worst

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The greatest poster ever
Formerly: Mister Fister, Johhny Assplay,TerriG

Postby eltopo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:15 pm

I am so damn pumped for GTA V

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 481 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:55 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:What I'm actually spending most of my time with is Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii. Yes, I broke down and picked it up, sd. :oops:

It's pretty fun. I'm only about ten hours in but I've already experienced the first major death in the game. It surprised the hell out of me. Besides that, I've pretty much ignored the main quest and focused on side quests. I should probably move forward a bit since fast travel keeps everything close by.

You should do as many sidequests as you can as you move along. They are important to getting end level stuff.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:36 pm

I never played the original. For those that did, how worth it is it?

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 474 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:43 pm

sdsichero wrote:I never played the original. For those that did, how worth it is it?

I loved it. Replayed it twice.

I'm not all that geeked about WW HD because (so far) it doesn't look like there's much new content apart from faster sailing time and the handheld inventory screen. Sure it'll look nicer than a Gamecube game, but I need more to warrant $60.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:36 pm

sdsichero wrote:I never played the original. For those that did, how worth it is it?

Pretty worth it. I remember having the week off from work when I got that game and I played the hell out of it. I'd pick it up again for... maybe thirty bucks. If you've never played it and don't own the GC version, you might pay more. It's a lot of fun.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:59 pm

Amoebas wrote:I loved it. Replayed it twice.

I'm not all that geeked about WW HD because (so far) it doesn't look like there's much new content apart from faster sailing time and the handheld inventory screen. Sure it'll look nicer than a Gamecube game, but I need more to warrant $60.

There's a Hero Mode...

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 255 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:56 pm

eltopo wrote:I am so damn pumped for GTA V

you and anyone with even a semblance of common sense :)

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:18 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
you and anyone with even a semblance of common sense :)

That explains me :derp:

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:42 am

I bought more Infinity Figures!!!! This is a sickness!
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 156 posts

Postby misac » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:00 am

Yes! My only probblem was that it felt short. It was super fun and I love the art style.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum